2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Hizhonor not chastising Mr Baez for texting from the podium.....He probably thinks he needs all the help he can get. IMO. Seriously.

Baez is the text book definition of SMARMY.

I had another word in mind that happens to begin with "S", but I'm sure a mod would have edited and posted "unusual person", so I beat her to the punch ;)

Re: textbook. Baez talks like a bad textbook. Very. Bad.

I once bagged a dead opossum that I picked up from the road in front of my house, and left it outside on the concrete until trash day, (about 2 days later) because it smelled! It stained the concrete through the bag! I had to wash/bleach the stain like crazy to get rid of it, even though the bag never leaked. That plastics has a tight enough matrix to prevent liquid from escaping, but it doesn't seem like the molecules are close enough to prevent certain gasses from passing through.

That is very interesting. Makes you wonder if with the heat of the day and the heat from decomp if the bag somehow leaks fluid, some kind of osmosis or something.

We have all heard how obessive "clean" and neat freaks GA and CA are. We can tell by just looking at the home videos they are. So with that being said, when one cleans a car me thinks they also clean/vacuum the trunk. I do when I vacuum my vehicle.
She probably knew what would clean up decomp too. I wonder ... would gasoline, bleach, acetone, chloroform or other things available to them have cleaned it up and not just relying on soap and water? Someone so focused on cleaning might really know these things or be able to find out quickly.

It could be juror misconduct, but even that results in a mistrial. They won't know that until the jury delivers their verdict so I don't know how the Judge would have any opportunity to replace such a juror.

Not an expert, but during the SP case a Juror was refusing to deliberate and listen to the other Jurors and they got rid of him. Remember? He was a Dr or something and had taken copious notes during the trial and was a firm believer in Scott's innocence. So if any Juror refuses to deliberate they can remove them and put an alternate in. The alternates will most likely be held until the verdict for that reason. JMHO

If the flies in the trunk of the rotting pig can't get out of the trunk how did they get into the inside of the car?

Another house keeping story... :) After a hurricane I didn't open the re-fridge for a while because everything rotted. When I opened it, there were quite a few flies and maggots in it. It seems flies can get in past a decent gasket if there is reason enough, but don't seem to be able to get out again as easily perhaps it's because they are borne in there? Or because they have food in there and don't need to get out! :)

Question

Since they have brought in the stain of the car can the SA bring in someone during the rebuttal to identify the outline of the stain?...basically showing a body in the fetal position?

I can't understand why not

It seems to me that decomp wasnt totally cleaned up..otherwise why the terrible decomp odour so many smelled...Including Gerus and Bones...Also that stuff on the paper towel was identified as Grave Wax that had a whole load of dead coffin fly's//There was NO other items in that trash that would attract those critters..thus trapped in with grave wax on that paper towel..

Vaccuming would only be helpful to clean up the various maggots and pupae left behind...As for Caylee, triple bagged (2 garbage bags and canvas bag),,no doubt those coffin flys got trapped inside those bags..and then transferred to the "Dump Site" ....So have no idea just what Dr. H. is trying to suggest?? That there was no body in that trunk?..Hummmm maybe JA should have Dr. H take a whiff of the carpet??...He is also saying well trained cadaveur dogs dont know what they smelled, Dr. Vass 20 years of dealing with decomp, GA, CA and others who KNOW the difference between trash and human decomp???? I am not so sure this is going to fly with the jury and have no doubt JA will show all these inconsistencies...Yikes Dr. H. never even saw nor smelled the Sunfire...How can he even testify in his expert opinion that NO HUMAN CORPSE was in that trunk?????..

BTW even his experiment didnt include the same elements. Pig instead of human remains, temperatures not even close to circumstances in Florida, and the "Biggy"..No wrapping or packaging of his decomposing specimen...

Apple Oranges..LOL..Was his study or experiment ever "Peer Reviewed"?? Hummmmmm Baez is so sneaky......JMOO and hope he gets an attitude adjustment during cross..:twocents:

Good statement about "peer review".

This bug guy did an "experiment". Any experiment should be able to be replicated with the same results. Any scientific journal submissions etc. should be peer reviewed. Lets get on this Ashton!

so JB "hired" this Dr on 12/11/08 BEFORE Caylee was even ID'd....um hopefully JA can use that in cross?

I hate to say it, but you may be right. I just don't have a good feeling about any of it...there is too much the State left out. I wish the jury knew all of the evidence, because I'm certain they would convict her in a New York minute.

Ditto! I just don't understand. The SA had 3 yrs to make this a perfect case. Why on earth did they leave so many things out? I just don't understand.I know they want her convicted just as much as we (most of us) do....... And to lose a case to an inexperienced attorney as JB will be embarassing and just sickening......

re: Hizhonor not chastising Mr Baez for texting from the podium.....He probably thinks he needs all the help he can get. IMO. Seriously.

I believe consulting experts or other attorneys could be in court consulting, so I guess the logic would be no difference texting them?

Thanks for sharing that. One thing I saw when I enlarged it was what appeared to be her little hand. If you look to the left of where they show the knee, you'll see what I think looks like a hand/fingers. :sick:

If that outline is accurate as to Caylees position then it really suggests she was in the trunk alive and struggling and not drowned and placed there. She'd be limp and lie flat after a drowning. She wouldn't be in fetal position facing the carpet.
She could have been tossed into the trunk I guess but still........:(

What if...

The shovel were used to re-bag her and then placed poolside for later washing in the pool. Realizing the soil was contaminated there by placing the shovel leaning on the pool the soil was dug up and removed or dispersed elsewhere in the yard (explains the small hole dug poolside?) Could she have taken that dirt from that small hole and spread it on the other side of the yard where the cadaver dogs alerted?

Just something to ponder...

I turn on the TV and what is the first thing I see? JVM going on and on about the state needing to prove motive or they won't get murder 1..

The state doesn't NEED to prove motive- it's always nice for jurors to have but not necessary to convict.

I just want to palm plant my forehead every time one of these TH spouts off just to hear themselves talk and draw in ratings...

(for the record I think all that is needed for murder 1 is that duct tape- and I am a notorious IUPG believer)

Trying to catch up today......at what point in the testimony did TH reveal he was called on 12/11/08? Was it before or after the break he took for his glucose check?

Thanks!

:thumb: Reason number one million and two why I love WS. Someone always remembers what you couldn't and then posts to remind you! :tyou:

The Eunice Burns :cool2:

I don't think the testimony revealed that fact, it was said while the jury was out or the subject that led us to bring out the fact(known)regarding this witness.

But, it hasn't been "brought up" brought up, as far as I know. But, I wanted to also bring attention to the subject of your post 'cause I think it is veeery interesting.

:twocents:
:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members