2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be asking this question on the wrong thread. If so please tell me where I need to post repost my question. If this post needs to be deleted then please do so. Anyway, I was watching Dr. Drew last night....I thought I heard LP say ( right before they went to a commercial ) that he knew where the DUCT TAPE was stored. It was right after they were talking about when the police were called the other night when he (LP) was across the street from the Anthonys house. I could be mistaken, but it struck me as odd for him to say that on t.v. I had the show set to record but one of my kids deleted it.

HE DID SAY THAT! I have it on my dvr still too!

So in general, how do each of you feel it's going for the prosecution? Will they get a conviction of any kind?

Being me, I am just plain worried...but I keep telling myself it is out of my control and it is what it is...but I pray every night that Caylee will get the justice that she so deserves.......

I'm back:seeya: Power came back on a few minutes ago. While it was out and my house was really quiet, I thought I heard flies buzzing somewhere - LOL. I think I've been typing too much about blow flies. Heading out to search for the dead thing:innocent:

Also sent my final summary of Dr. H to the thread upstairs FWIW

Leonard P ...last night.
Well, he also said that LE knew where the baby was located, but couldn't go get the body because they learned the info by listening in on attny/client conversations. You should have seen the host and participants moving away from him so they wouldn't be hit by the incoming bomb.

I'm going to repeat what I said earlier because I am so disgusted. I think when Dr. TH revealed the decomposing pig photos today, he helped the State's case more than any other photo the SA could produce. If I were a juror, I would only to be able to picture sweet Caylee's body in the condition of those decomposing, maggot filled, disgusting pig carcasses.
I cannot shake the sick feeling that gave me.

I might be asking this question on the wrong thread. If so please tell me where I need to post repost my question. If this post needs to be deleted then please do so. Anyway, I was watching Dr. Drew last night....I thought I heard LP say ( right before they went to a commercial ) that he knew where the DUCT TAPE was stored. It was right after they were talking about when the police were called the other night when he (LP) was across the street from the Anthonys house. I could be mistaken, but it struck me as odd for him to say that on t.v. I had the show set to record but one of my kids deleted it.

I watched that show and LP did say that about the duct tape. He was cut off to go to commercial and it wasn't talked about again. Probably a reason for that. LP has been known for throwing out all kinds of teasers and misinformation like this ever since he injected himself into the case. I can't think of anything he's said that ever panned out. But, I could be wrong. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :)

Leonard P ...last night.
Well, he also said that LE knew where the baby was located, but couldn't go get the body because they learned the info by listening in on attny/client conversations. You should have seen the host and participants moving away from him so they wouldn't be hit by the incoming bomb.

I saw that too, and remembered it when it was revealed that the defense called Dr. TH on Dec. 11. How would they know it was Caylee before she was identified?

*I'm not saying I believe LE withheld the info, just that I don't rule out the possibility that the DT knew where the body was hidden. What was their incentive to recover it sooner? The longer the body was not recovered, the less evidence it would contain when it was found. JMO

This is the post (based on a tweet) that started the discussion (as far as I know) about jurors allegedly covering the monitors with their coats.

If it's true that jurors have been covering their monitors with their coats, then HHJP needs to be informed.

A juror that is closing their eyes, for whatever reason, is not a juror that is serving Justice for Caylee.

How can anyone be sure that if a juror is covering their monitor now, hasn't also been covering their monitor in the past 3 weeks?

This occurred during an extended sidebar. I am almost certain that the jurors would have removed the jacket as soon as testimony began once again.

Also, there are deputies stationed right there near the jurors' box. If anything they did was out of line, the deputies are mandated to report this to the judge.

Does anyone know what was up with the tweet about the two jurors putting a coat over the monitor? That was during the picture of the stain in the trunk. Sure seems like some people have no problems thinking that it's decomp.

They looked at the picture. They saw it, then they covered it. Obligation fulfilled, then they'll have to look at it again during deliberations.

While I respect your opinion, some of them were probably near puking. They aren't just an abstract "jury" they're also human beings. I'm sorry, I just can't think it's ethical to force these people to look at a picture for hours in open court, even if they puke.

Can a jury only be serving justice if they're puking in their seats?

IDK, but it feels like the jury is reduced to this abstract, and it's disturbing.

They need to tell HHJP if they feel sick, but sometimes to keep from vomiting in your lap, you do what you gotta do.

It appears that the two jurors that were alleged to have put a coat over their monitors, did so during testimony about a stain in the trunk that they viewed on their monitors, if this Tweet can be believed.

I can totally understand if a juror felt ill about a piece of evidence, and if they were sick and tired of looking @ that photo on the easel of the decomposing pig.

But the Tweet wasn't about that. It was about a stain in the trunk.

Not about the decomposing pig photo on the easel.

It is alleged via Twitter that two jurors covered their monitors during the presentation of evidence.

I stand by my original statement - if a juror is covering their monitor to avoid viewing evidence, it is the same as leaving the court room without the Judge's permission.

If the Judge does not wish the jury to view evidence, for whatever reason, it is the Judge's responsibility to remove it from the jury's view.

ETA: Jurors do not have the right to cover their monitors when they feel uncomfortable with the evidence presented. The Jury has accepted and is charged with the horrific task of looking at ALL the evidence.

Leonard P ...last night.

I liked LP at first, even though I thought he was nuts to bail Casey out of jail. However, it's time he goes back to his home and runs his law school and just stays out of this mess. I can't believe anyone would dare say such a thing while a child's body laid in a swamp begging to be found and properly buried.
I can assure you that someone in LE would have been willing to go out to that location and call in someone regardless of how they found out, and if it meant they were to loose their job because of attorney/client priv. then by goodness they would have done it proudly.:banghead:

Almost very post I've made about LP has ended up getting mod deleted, and it's always been a fair cop, so out of respect for them and the TOS I'm not going to say a word.

Just heard on HLN that Casey has her feet shackled when she comes into court?

During jury selection her feet were not schackled? Which they should be.

Anyone know??

Yeah... I heard that, too. The got their information wrong - again. ICA is not shackled in this Courtroom. Someone mentioned that she's shackled as soon as she leaves the Courtroom.

Channel 6 just broke in and said that the Defense is being accused of using the race card. A local group is making the accusation. No idea what that's about.

Channel 6 just broke in and said that the Defense is being accused of using the race card. A local group is making the accusation. No idea what that's about.

I see nothing of the such! I do however have a feeling what it is about. This can't get any crazier! Wow!

Almost very post I've made about LP has ended up getting mod deleted, and it's always been a fair cop, so out of respect for them and the TOS I'm not going to say a word.
Gotcha! Thank you. I'll back out and leave that alone now. :seeya:

VT, the kidnapper, I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member