2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the SA has to do a deposition this afternoon, thanks to JB, but JB I am sure will be taking the afternoon off. IMO

Edit to ask: or does JB have to be there too?

JP "Lightening does not strike in the same place twice"
JB "Are you a chemist?"

I can't wait to see his next witness testify about things not on his report...JB better be EXTRA CAREFUL because JA gots your number and the report ready!

Will someone tell me what the "slip up" was?

In this Dr.'s report he did not disclose opinion about the duct tape. He began to testify disputing the the location of the duct tape. It is a violation of the rules of procedure and a court order issued by the judge that witness testimony had to be disclosed in advance. Once again this was not. Trial by ambush.

KBelichWFTV:
Baez has to call a different witness and let the state dispose the defense expert.. Baez looks embarrassed and unhappy. Casey looks nervous [via Twitter]

Was the name of the person Dr Spence? Or Dr Spitz? This is in regards to the sequestration rule violation. Dr Spitz has been giving all those TV interviews. Or maybe he discussed his upcoming testimony over lunch with someone? He's been in town for a few days.

Spitz is supposed to testify today.

I suspect he's discussed his testimony with everyone...

I could never be a judge/a lawyer or a prosecutor! If I ever had to work with someone like JB, I'd throw something at him!! Hard!

It's about time!

I couldn't agree with you more ! FINALLY JB gets a *advertiser censored** chewing. I do hope he is hit with contempt charges because he deserves that and then some. I can assure you had the SA's played this wicked, evil, unlawful tricks they would get in deep crap. JMHO.

Thank you HHJP for calling JB out on this...now please, just follow thru with his punishment.

:great::woohoo:

I love when HHJP asked JB "So what other witnesses will be testifying to things that are not in their reports?"

that was AMAZING.....

Who thinks Baez gets it now? I don't .. I think it would still take a building to fall on his head. Or say, contempt charges.

Couldn't agree more. My experience with these types of people is that they you find another way around it. Much like ICA tells a lie and when gets caught tells a bigger one.

Did anyone else catch that HHJP referred to the "other matter" that was handled before court this morning? He said it dealt with the rule of sequestration. Wonder who and when?

I don't know but I thought I heard JA say that they had spoken to "Dr. Spence"? or maybe "Spitz"? and resolved it.

I think part of the reason HHJP is cutting JB so much slck is because he knows how woefully inexperienced Baez is. Three years as a practicing attorney and you're handling the biggest criminal trial in the country?

On the other hand, CM has more experience than any other attorney involved in this case, so even if Baez claims not to know any better, there's just no excuse for this BS from the defense, period.

JP educating Baez again. By the end of this trial we will all know law better than Jose.

What do you mean by the end of the trial. I think that ship sailed at the beginning of the trial. JMO

As I understand it the state has no responsibility to depose this witness. If that's true then I'd pass it up if I were on the prosecution. Why allow him to testify to something next week that he can't testify to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState