2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had the pig in the cold car for 11 days experiment and the duct tape on the arm experiment-- next we need a witness who went for a quick swim to tell us all about how they replicated accidental drowning.

Okay, JA or LDB, good chance to ask direct and succint questions of the witness that require him to explain the reasons for his expert opinions, the holes in which will be easy to display. Don't let him ramble, don't affront his ego and elicit a meltdown... Just let him discredit his own theories by asking the appropriate questions and dismiss the man. That's what I hope to see. JMO...

Witness didn't impress me at all. Dr. G already stated that cause of death couldn't be determined. He basically repeated what she said. The cicumstances surrounding the death of Caylee, other evidence found, the way she was thrown away like garbage, points to homicide. Sorry, but JB is not going to convince me two rational adults (Casey and George) decided that throwing away a child (known around her community, surely to be missed by family etc) was better/safer/smarter than reporting a simple accident. No way, Jose.

It IS protocol.

Just curious...How many of his 60,000 autopsies were without gloves, without accepted standard procedures, etc? Contamination of evidence? Or is he just so good he can perform autopsies any old way. Not a dig on his age but long ago oeople didnt wear gloves, masks, etc.

Not a slam on the old folks either, but I worked in the medical field in the late 80s, early 90s, and most of the people already in the field when I started would try to not use gloves if they didn't think they'd get caught. No one was used to it. The whole AIDS thing changed that, but it was the older people that had the hardest time adjusting to it.

I worked in a hospital lab/morgue, and I would catch them doing all sorts of procedures sans gloves! Ick!

All the TH's are saying it was good testimony and raised reasonable doubt. Oh Geez, I must have missed something because from what I have heard thus far in the trial, all that WS said can be debunked IMO. Now I'm a little nervous.

Duct tape, garbage bags (2), laundry bag, tossed in a garbage dump does not equal accident.

Its been testified to that NO STICKY STUFF or residue remained on that duct tape. If there was DNA (and I guessing there was), it long ago washed away and degarded away in all that water and all those elements.

Sorry - Dr. Spitz did not impress me.

Dr. G hit home when she said that there's no reason for a child to ever have duct tape on their face, or to not be reported missing or an accident occurring for 31 days.
Most people do not understand all these medical terms, but they do understand common sense. At this point in this trial, Dr. G saying the above has more than likely shattered all other explanations of this duct tape.

Can anyone tell me why the defense keeps trying to emphasize the fact that the "body had been moved?" (I know the obvious is that they are trying to imply that somehow Kronk got his hands on a dead little Caylee before she ended up in the woods.) Caylee either died somewhere else and her body was transported there in the bags while decomposing. The only other option is that she was put there ??? alive in those bags in the woods? I know I'm missing something very obvious here, but my brain hurts, and I can not follow the logic of the defense.

From all we have learned Caylee could have been moved several times before she ended up in the woods, and in between the 18th-19th of June and December 11th 2008, there was hurricane Fay. She was moved from wherever she was killed . .Some believe she could have been in the Anthony back yard for a very brief time, before being put in the trunk of the car? TIA

K... I'm an accountant and as soon as Dr spitz said he performed 60,000 autopsies the hair on my neck rose... There are only 21,900 days in 60 years!!! did he do like 3 autopsies every day for 60 years? Really? I mean, c'mon!!
Did I hear wrong???

I hope the SA asks how long an autopsy takes and then point out that it would be virtually impossible for the good Dr. to have performed 60,000 autopsies in his life (3 a day, for 7 days a week, every single day of the year).

He should ask if there was any Blood, need to clean that up.

I'm so excited waiting for JA to bring it home! This is going to be AWE-SOME.

Last witness of the day. This one was the only one JB listed when HHJP asked what other witnesses they had today. That was in response to when HHJP said the other witness had to step down.

They are stopping at 1pm anyway . . .

I have to say that I have disagreed with Dr. G all along. I think it is quite possible that the duct tape was put over Caylee´s face after death. Sorry to say it, but to keep body fluids from spilling.

But the problem is that this witness said it had to have been affixed to her face after she was skeletonized, which does not make sense at all.. are they going to say that RK didn't think he would get the reward money unless the skull was intact but it didn't matter that the rest of the bones were scattered?

I have to say, I would convict for the wrong reasons here, if I were a juror...i.e. not because the state proved to me beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey murdered Caylee, but because of Casey herself and her expressions, and lack thereof, throughout the trial...She just looks and acts guilty to me and cannot drum up any "normal" human responses no matter how gruesome the testimony is about her baby, and this tells me she contains the element of inhumanity needed to commit such a crime...add in opportunity, selfish motives and the means, and she is done.

Just finished reading WS meltdown in the Spector trial. Would love for JA to ask how much he has been paid since the day he started working for the DT. I know he only gets JAC rates now, but would love to know what he was paid at the beginning from that nearly 300,00 the DT took in. I suspect a lot.

it is true, apidocere is saponification. I once read a disgusting history of soap making that opined that burnt human sacrifices led to the discovery of soap - from the ashes & fat. :sick:

Eeeeew! That's how soap was discovered? Makes sense but still...eeeeew.
(off now to stare suspiciously at that bar of Lever, good for "all 2000 of your body parts.")

Well, at least I've learned a new way to take hair off .. DUCT TAPE!

OUCH! that's gonna hurt under arms and legs ... but hey, it should work good!

:crazy:
It works great if you get into fiberglass .. that is a whole nother story about me getting decorations from attic and decided to see if we had any holes in ac duct work ... BIG MISTAKE

It's important for this jury to remember that Dr.S is testifying ONLY about his opinions regarding cod and manner of death. He is NOT testifying about any evidence that was found in the trunk of ICA's car, nor is he testifying about bug evidence retrieved from the crime scene or the car, nor is he testifying about the plant evidence from the crime scene.

I hope the jury realizes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members