2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Good Lord . . . JC on HLN saying it's a big deal that her skull decomposed when she was on her left side, but her skull was found upright.

We aren't idiots. All that means is that she was on her left side in the trunk and/or that when she was thrown out like trash, she landed on her left. But after the animals and flooding got to her, she ended up face up.

Actually, prior witnesses said her skull was on its left side in the muck. Jean C gets it wrong again.

So do you think JA can do anything with Spitz's testimony? I hope so! How does he know about duct tape when there was barely any of it left and all the stickem was gone? I hope that JA brings that up.

He has to be careful because Dr S can be shredded apart on cross and we don't want the jury to feel like the old man was beaten down.

I have to say, I would convict for the wrong reasons here, if I were a juror...i.e. not because the state proved to me beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey murdered Caylee, but because of Casey herself and her expressions, and lack thereof, throughout the trial...She just looks and acts guilty to me and cannot drum up any "normal" human responses no matter how gruesome the testimony is about her baby, and this tells me she contains the element of inhumanity needed to commit such a crime...add in opportunity, selfish motives and the means, and she is done.

IMO, this is what happened in the Scott Peterson case...

George Anthony stood in hallway and Cindy came out and rubbed his back. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:15 AM

#Ashton chomping at the bit to get started. #CaseyAnthony
by bobkealing via twitter at 9:15 AM

Math: 60K autopsies would be 3 a day for 56 years - 365 days per year, 7 days a week.

OMGosh, SurfieTX, I'm so glad you broke this down for us!! I would never have thought to do that to show how ridiculous his numbers (and inflated ego?) are.

I hope Joypath will comment on this!

I have to say that I have disagreed with Dr. G all along. I think it is quite possible that the duct tape was put over Caylee´s face after death. Sorry to say it, but to keep body fluids from spilling.

I was just imaging this.....terrible as it is. If the body fluids started spilling it would be too late to grab the duct tape. I can't imagine ICA forseeing that body fluids would spill and having the duct tape ready. This just doesn't sit right with me. I think it was put on before death. Sad.

Is he saying he did over one thousand autopsies a year?
that would be 3 a day for 7 days a week. hhhmmm........quality seems to be a question here. It always is when you're shooting for quantity - isn't it?

Just an aside - I make homemade soap....the saponification process (chemical process of breakdown of fat by use of lye) changes the fats to turn into soap....soapmakers and candle makers used to be in the same factory as the process is much the same....

I guess so he could get on the stand and say that Dr G didn't.

I think you are exactly right. Seems he is competing with Dr. G. primarily because she is a woman and obviously much brighter and better known. jmo

I hope JA asks him why he was so interested in working together with Dr. G. BEFORE they identified the remains as Caylee.

Also, JA is going to rip him to shreds regarding that silly experiment he did with duct on his arm. I can put a band aid on my arm and pull off hair too. It has nothing to do with a body that was left outside in Florida for 6 months. It's insulting to the jury.

IMO

And still I ask, what does ANY of this have to do with an accidental drowning? Based on JB's opening statement, I would expect him to be up there introducing witnesses that speak about GA and LA's character, about possible things Casey may have told them about being abused, about the shadiness of GA, speaking about the drowning and what happened afterwards, etc. NOT bringing in witnesses to talk about DNA, autopsies, etc.

You would think that JB would have ran with the theory of Caylee being in the trunk. Rather than dispute it. After all, he could have said yes, of course there is decomp fluid in there. GA put her in the trunk in order to move her from house to ditch. Instead he fights it. Doesn't make sense.

Just joining in...and we're at break...and now a sidebar.

Now what? Why couldn't they meet during break? The court reporter is not there!

Wouldn't every single pore become a means of fluid escape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez