2011.06.20. HLN - 'In Session' News Coverage - Caylee Anthony Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think there is any doubt that Dr. G and perhaps others will be called to rebut the nonsense Spitz was spewing.

I also believe she will tell the jury what protocol is in place in the 21st century and there is nothing to state she should have opened Caylee's skull. Even Dr. DiMaio said the same on NG's show tonight.

MOO

bbm
What is wrong with LKB? She keeps interrupting all of the guests, she even talks over the host, Dr Drew.

IMO - I don't know, she might have a swollen head (exaggerated sense of self importance) like JB, etc.?

I tend to feel worse after watching these shows. I think, and forgive me, are these people really that stupid? But then I realize these shows are for entertainment only.

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, I just got home from work and turned on Dr. Drew. Ugh, shouldn't have done that.
I heard LKB say that the examiner lost his certification. This is something I somehow missed. Can any one explain that or point me to where I can find this info? TIA

If they did lose their certification, I'm going to be really angry! How could they do this and expect to be credible in a case of this nature??? And I do believe they are credible, I really do.

But unless there is more to this story as to how important this certification is, how could you let this go? :banghead:

That Dr. Drew is abhorent. Whats wrong with these hln people??? They are getting worse by the day. I had to shut Drew off and I taped Nancy so its on to Nancy for I hope some freshness. Heaven help that Dr. Drew and some of those other HLN people trying to get a killer off and change public opinion with all those Defense trolls they put on their show.

maybe he is looking at it from both sides. looking at it from all angles to get a full picture to the situation. maybe he is trying to think like the jurors. imo ng is one sided about anything she reports on.

[ after watching the jail tape with george and Casey= you were the best dad, i love you]

LKB:" is that a double entendre? Is that a father /daughter ' I love you' or another kind?"

LKB: "I think the evidence shows it will be at most a manslaughter verdict. "

Dr Drew seems to be drinking the defense Kool-aid now.

LKB; And now we know the ME office has lost their certification and they did shoddy autopsy work so we have a lot of problems.

Dr Drew: "Many have you have already convicted Casey Anthony, I know that..."

She really said this? Since when is an accidental drowning Manslaughter?:waitasec: and "evidence shows" ummm..she's finally saying that they have evidence of something.

maybe he is looking at it from both sides. looking at it from all angles to get a full picture to the situation. maybe he is trying to think like the jurors. imo ng is one sided about anything she reports on.

I don't think Dr. Drew is trying to get a killer off...you are correct, he seems to be presnting all angles and possibilities and offering the viewers ideas of what the jurors may possibly be thinking. He seems less biased than most news "entertainment" shows. He also has "experts" presenting both sides and does not cut off the one he doesn't like.

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, I just got home from work and turned on Dr. Drew. Ugh, shouldn't have done that.
I heard LKB say that the examiner lost his certification. This is something I somehow missed. Can any one explain that or point me to where I can find this info? TIA

i haven't found any links about it, washington dc has had some issues....

I don't think Dr. Drew is trying to get a killer off...you are correct, he seems to be presnting all angles and possibilities and offering the viewers ideas of what the jurors may possibly be thinking. He seems less biased than most news "entertainment" shows. He also has "experts" presenting both sides and does not cut off the one he doesn't like.

i agree, his job is not to pick a side and stick with it.

by nature he is curious (ie his occupation) he will most likely always want to get down to the root cause and look at everything involved. i think he has personally made his decision but isn't got to throw his weight around, it doesn't seem like him and there are plenty of others doing it for him

I have to say this. I have held my typing fingers still to long! LKB should be disbarred for her continual comments on the Anthony case. She represented ICA for a period of time and as ICA's former counsel, LKB has a RESPONSIBILITY and a DUTY to keep ICA's information confidential and not to use such information for personal gain.

She may not be telling any inside secrets, but she is using her former association w/ICA to make a ton of money. Absolutely disgusting and against the intent of the professional rules of conduct.

Salem

She really said this? Since when is an accidental drowning Manslaughter?:waitasec: and "evidence shows" ummm..she's finally saying that they have evidence of something.

LKB also said something kind of shocking, it may have been a slip.

She said " Casey probably will not testify in the guilt phase but will in the penalty phase to avoid the Death Penalty." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to watch the replay but I swear I heard her say that. LOL

DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR THAT? I may be audio-hallucinating by now...

I have to say this. I have held my typing fingers still to long! LKB should be disbarred for her continual comments on the Anthony case. She represented ICA for a period of time and as ICA's former counsel, LKB has a RESPONSIBILITY and a DUTY to keep ICA's information confidential and not to use such information for personal gain.

She may not be telling any inside secrets, but she is using her former association w/ICA to make a ton of money. Absolutely disgusting and against the intent of the professional rules of conduct.

Salem

lol, i agree. sadly she most likely won't be disbarred for it. loose clientele over it? maybe. i certainly wouldn't want her defending me.

Anyone watching Joy Behar? Is it my TV or does Stacie H. have a horrible rash around her neck and chest? I'm glad Stacie is on - she tells it like it is and hopefully will put Geragos in his place.

lol, i agree. sadly she most likely won't be disbarred for it. loose clientele over it? maybe. i certainly wouldn't want her defending me.
I heard her say a couple of weeks ago on HLN "when I was a lawyer". I caught it and even questioned it. So, maybe she isn't one anymore - would that make a difference?

I heard her say a couple of weeks ago on HLN "when I was a lawyer". I caught it and even questioned it. So, maybe she isn't one anymore - would that make a difference?

curious. i would think the "privilege" is something that last a lifetime, but i really haven't a clue. let me google......lol

Good question perhaps one of our legal experts could answer. I still believe it's not entirely ethical for an attorney who once represented a client to be speaking about the case during the trial, even if she is no longer on the case.

MOO

Good question perhaps one of our legal experts could answer. I still believe it's not entirely ethical for an attorney who once represented a client to be speaking about the case during the trial, even if she is no longer on the case.

MOO

http://attorneypages.com/help/ch8-lawyers-and-confidentiality.htm

How Long Does the Duty Last?
This confidentiality duty doesn’t just last while you’re under active representation – it lasts a lifetime. The attorney-client privilege is holy to lawyers. And it has legal ramifications as well. Unless there are special circumstances, in which an attorney must testify under oath, confidential and privileged information, that is, information discussed in a confidential conversation in which legal advice was sought or given, are top secret.

still looking for what happens when the attorney is no longer practicing.

http://attorneypages.com/help/ch8-lawyers-and-confidentiality.htm

How Long Does the Duty Last?
This confidentiality duty doesn’t just last while you’re under active representation – it lasts a lifetime. The attorney-client privilege is holy to lawyers. And it has legal ramifications as well. Unless there are special circumstances, in which an attorney must testify under oath, confidential and privileged information, that is, information discussed in a confidential conversation in which legal advice was sought or given, are top secret.

still looking for what happens when the attorney is no longer practicing.
Thank you! Not having listened to LKB on the HLN channel, I am not that familiar with what she has divulged that could be considered "confidential and privileged information". :waitasec:

I still believe she shouldn't be discussing the case during the trial, however.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back