2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been stated before, would you agree that having other kids pictures associated with this case is not a good thing? Perhaps pictures and videos of her around other children are withheld for that reason. We can't definitely say she has not been around other children. I am not one to talk, because both of my children are rarely around other children and when they are, they rather play together.

I take tons of pictures. The number of pictures I have of my kids would make it look like the Anthony's never took pictures of Caylee.

However, probably less than 5% of those have other kids in them. EVEN cousins. I never post other kids online, with the exception of a few cousin's who's parents also post their pictures online. I would never give them to the media, I would crop the other child out.

I don't take pictures at the park, unless we are there alone. I don't take pictures of my kids in a public place unless there are not other kids in the area. I do NOT want to be mistaken for taking pictures of someone else's child.

I have witnessed the situations where a father is photographing his own kids in a park/at the pool and someone calls the cops. Concerned that this man is taking pictures of children. Though I am female, I just prefer not to risk it.

Photographer, or just regular parent with a camera... I have found it is simply easier to not bring out the camera when other kids are around. Unless I am specifically requested to photograph the event I am at. :twocents:

----------------
My thoughts exactly. IF we were allowed I'd send a bottle to JA. and LDB..My God they deserve it!!!!!!:banghead:

they do and then some.

I wonder if we could collectively send them something when this trial is done...like something for Christmas :P

I'm not putting you down because we all have different tastes, but am I the only one here who thinks that picture is weird and creepy?
No, you're not the only one, beeshie.
I find it very creepy.

Life circumstances don't always allow parents to enable their children to play with others. I grew up an only child, no children in the family, and no children to play with until I went to preschool. I didn't know what I was missing, so I didn't miss it.

I turned out OK, I think.

Certainly, but there were no circumstances preventing Casey from befriending other single moms or from enabling Caylee to play with other friends. She did NOTHING all day, other than texting and surfing the net, as far as I can tell. And rather than change her lifestyle, to better suit her child, she chose to suit herself instead. imoo

I am watching the 18ths video archives and it seems Baez is getting his feelings of unjustice out on public record.

Right or wrong it is clear he feels he has been limited in his ability to defend his client.

Now if he blames any of those limits on himself I do not know.

IMO, I think JB has been focused on appealing a potential guilty verdict before this case ever went to trial, so much so that he neglected to build any kind of credible defense prior to May 24, 2011.

"
Meanwhile, Perry also signed an order barring the release of seated jurors' names today.

"Jurors, simply because they are performing or have performed their civic duty, do not lose their inherent right to privacy," Perry wrote in the order. It is not clear what prompted his decision.

His order says court officials in Orange and Pinellas, Orange County deputies and all attorneys associated with the case "shall not release any information concerning any seated juror UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT."

http://mobile.mcall.com/p.p?m=b&a=r...DL.w=&DL.d=10&DQ=sectionId%3A6090&DPS=0&DPL=3

Aha!!! I don't know how this is related to court being stopped today, but something tells me this was it. Have the juror's names been released to media? If so who did it and what media has it?

And if this happened it may mean a mistrial I think.

They are making a bigger deal of this then it really is.

So he doesnt know them ,he goes to court and says that. It is over then.

Instead he gets a lawyer? yeah okay.

If Jeremy Lyons came knocking at my door trying to ask me questions about ANYONE in this case... I would hire a lawyer immediately!! There is nothing this defense would not do to blame this crime on someone else. I do not blame this man for getting a lawyer at all! Thankfully he had enough sense to call LE on Jeremey Lyons harrassing him instead of talking to him freely.

But where the heck is his head?????!!!

He is apparently so supportive of her that he is now physically coddling her...but doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to benefit HER in this case....?

I am also finding it VERY interesting that CM is making absolutely no attempt to try and bail Baez out of this trouble like he did the last time HHJP ended up sanctioning Baez....

And Sims just appears to me to be a nervous wreck now. Wonder if she finally broke down and bought a TV so she can watch NG, JVM, and Dr Drew to see what they are saying about her???!!! :great:
It's like the other lawyers on the DT wish they were invisible. As for Sims, I thought she said she had a tv but "didn't know how to turn it on".........maybe I'm mistaken.

They are making a bigger deal of this then it really is.

So he doesnt know them ,he goes to court and says that. It is over then.

Instead he gets a lawyer? yeah okay.

It would be a huge waste of court time to have this guy as a witness. It would also make the DT look like buffoons to put him on the stand.

dang...I wish his lawyer did not file that motion...lol

That is what everyone is speculating about... there are indications that it might involve the jurors considering the circumstances.
The bailiff being involved, JP taking the court reporter into the jury room, the quick conference in JP's chambers after everything was set to begin ...
I saw a weird tweet today that was said to be false and I am still searching for information on it but it said some guy saw the jurors at their hotel together and yelled "she's guilty." People then said that's false, but they were lay people who were responding to the tweets- I'll try to find it again.

:waitasec:

BBM: Does anyone have a link that actually shows the bailiff and Judge Perry taking the Court Reporter into the Jury Room ?

This would be very helpful. Thanks !!!

ETA: Unfortunately, I missed this part in the courtroom this morning. I bet Judge Perry was fuming !!!

Aha!!! I don't know how this is related to court being stopped today, but something tells me this was it. Have the juror's names been released to media? If so who did it and what media has it?

And if this happened it may mean a mistrial I think.

Why would the names of the jurors cause a mistrial? I don't want their names released because I think that should be their own choice once this trial is over, but if it doesn't directly effect this trial I don't see how it could cause a mistrial? They are all sequestered and away from all media reports about this case.

:waitasec:

BBM: Does anyone have a link that actually shows the bailiff and Judge Perry taking the Court Reporter into the Jury Room ?

This would be very helpful. Thanks !!!

Maybe the juror we all feel a little uncomfortable about wants out?

Jean C (InSession) just said that Baez is a "gentleman" in court. Really, Jean? All I see is a petulant, smirking, sulking 40+ year old man who obviously has no idea how to handle a capital punishment case nor how to conduct himself in court.
OMG! I thought it was a new lipstick color Jean C. was wearing, and it's a KOOLAID STAIN!!!:banghead:

I just turned on FoxNews for fun and Dr Baden said he's had lots of cases where duct tape was used after death to make the body smaller to fit into a bag.

OMG. Precious Caylee was so tiny, I don't know how he can even say those words, straight face or not. Unbelievable.

Certainly, but there were no circumstances preventing Casey from befriending other single moms or from enabling Caylee to play with other friends. She did NOTHING all day, other than texting and surfing the net, as far as I can tell. And rather than change her lifestyle, to better suit her child, she chose to suit herself instead. imoo

I agree. GA and CA raised Caylee while Casey chose to do the above mentioned activities.
We didn't hear from any friends that she met at the YWCA on a mom's 'n' tots play date because they aren't any.
All of the friends were young and single and into school and partying. Casey just dragged Caylee along.
Caylee got in the way of Fusion etc. the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot