2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that is was an AMENDED order. Here is a link to the ORIGINAL order. Pretty clear to me, not sure why it needed to be amended. Not a law type person, maybe someone here has more info on why such an order might need to be amended.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/march/219927/ See May 23rd entry.

From http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
06/20/2011 Amended Order --Barring Release of Seated Jurors' Names

Hmmm. I wonder if one of the jurors has become ill and is leaving. Just speculating....

wm

"
Meanwhile, Perry also signed an order barring the release of seated jurors' names today.

"Jurors, simply because they are performing or have performed their civic duty, do not lose their inherent right to privacy," Perry wrote in the order. It is not clear what prompted his decision.

His order says court officials in Orange and Pinellas, Orange County deputies and all attorneys associated with the case "shall not release any information concerning any seated juror UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT."

http://mobile.mcall.com/p.p?m=b&a=r...DL.w=&DL.d=10&DQ=sectionId%3A6090&DPS=0&DPL=3

I dunno, the timing and the wording of this order and court shutting down today... it does make me wonder if a juror is being dismissed for some reason.

----------------
I believe Dr.Bass has passed away. The Body Farm is such a good read,not biased toward anyone..:seeya:

No, he is not dead!

Ok, you made me do this. THis is me with Dr. Bass a month ago at his book signing. I love this man. incidently, he signed my book "Dr. Vass did great"! refering to the pre-trial hearing that had taken place the week before.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 148
OMG! I thought it was a new lipstick color Jean C. was wearing, and it's a KOOLAID STAIN!!!:banghead:

I heard Jean C say earlier that as a lawyer, she's like JB. Could be why she seems to say 'but......' and try to defend him so much.

I don't find not seeing pictures of Caylee with other children strange. She wasn't even 3 years old yet and not in preschool or daycare. She didn't have any first cousins and I don't know if she had any young distant cousins.

What I find extremely disturbing is the fact that ICA carted her daughter around from strange man's apartment to strange man's apartment and had her sweet toddler sleeping in strange men's beds on a regular basis.

I think the possibility of Caylee not having playmates her age is one of the least disturbing aspects of the whole case.

JMO

No, he is not dead!

Ok, you made me do this. THis is me with Dr. Bass a month ago at his book signing. I love this man. incidently, he signed my book "Dr. Vass did great"! refering to the pre-trial hearing that had taken place the week before.
Oh so cool! That's wonderful!

Is this thread about the same Dr. Boch?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122711"]2010.12.15 Dr Jane Bock Report & CV - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I just turned on FoxNews for fun and Dr Baden said he's had lots of cases where duct tape was used after death to make the body smaller to fit into a bag.

OMG. Precious Caylee was so tiny, I don't know how he can even say those words, straight face or not. Unbelievable.

So Casey used duct tape on Caylee's face in order to shrink it?? Yeah, that's it!?!? What is wrong with these people??

I heard Jean C say earlier that as a lawyer, she's like JB. Could be why she seems to say 'but......' and try to defend him so much.
:sick: She's like JB?
Sick! I don't think I'd ever publicly say that! Do you?

Which is fine and all (lol) but then she appears on NG Entertainment Show and spouts just the opposite.

Ignore them all - they are paid shills and spout the premise of whatever show they are appearing on.

They are making a bigger deal of this then it really is.

So he doesnt know them ,he goes to court and says that. It is over then.

Instead he gets a lawyer? yeah okay.

Perhaps you have not followed this in the media. This poor man has had his name and reputation dragged through the mud for no reason. It has been insinuated NATIONWIDE that he is a kidnapper and perhaps even a murderer. You bet he needs a lawyer...to protect him against these unscrupulous accusers!!!

In this case, when there are only skeletonized remains, the circumstances should be very important. :twocents:

I remember reading when the remains were found that technically there was no autopsy because there was no body. It was called something else. But the report I read from the ME was headed Report of Autopsy.

Why would the names of the jurors cause a mistrial? I don't want their names released because I think that should be their own choice once this trial is over, but if it doesn't directly effect this trial I don't see how it could cause a mistrial? They are all sequestered and away from all media reports about this case.

Their names are sealed during trial for a reason. Some examples I can think of are:

It could cause a hardship on the juror if they are concerned about being associated with the case. Even after the trial the media cannot use their names unless the juror chooses to speak to the media.

It opens the door to indirect contact, for instance if someone would locate their address and send hate mail or fan mail to their address, their family might tell them. Even though they are sequestered they can talk to family.

It opens the door to all kinds of unsavory things, like media getting in contact with the family to learn more about the juror or to try to find out if they had said anything about the trial. Even though they aren't supposed to talk to family about the trial, they may have mentioned something that they thought was harmless, but could indicate what the juror was thinking.

In mob cases and drug cases there is always a chance that a juror could be harmed by associates of the defendant.

They are making a bigger deal of this then it really is.

So he doesnt know them ,he goes to court and says that. It is over then.

Instead he gets a lawyer? yeah okay.

Zenaida G didn't have anything to do with the A's either, but that didn't stop people phoning her threatening to kill her kids, threaten her family, lose her job and her residence. I don't blame him getting a lawyer, he should be prepared for slime from this DT. Once his name is out there people may only recall the fact he was connected with a child killer in some way....

:sick: She's like JB?
Sick! I don't think I'd ever publicly say that! Do you?

Me neither. In fact, if it were true, I'd sit myself down and have a serious talk with myself about things that needed changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot