2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T- Where is the psychic/ or dream thread for this case? I tried to search this site and only find closed dreams threads. I had either a dream or a conglomeration of images I have had in my head from reading so much of this trial and would like to compare mine with other posts. Anyone know how to get me there? Thanks!

They may all be closed. I would suggest PMing one of the mods and requesting it be bumped up,if possible.

Well...if that is in fact the case, that he never got to finish his deposition of this witness and she was the one they were going to put on the stand as a last ditch effort to get at least one person testifying today, we might very well have our reason for why court recessed until tomorrow morning. Good grief, imagine that chambers discussion. MOO
I should have said that was my own opinion. I've read depo 1 and 2 of Dr. Boch and I have seen no other. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me but if I'm right it isn't a long stretch to believe my theory.

It's getting late my time so I'm calling it a day but IF anyone watches the coverage from today could you please pay close attention to right after JB wraps up. IIRC the judge says 'No' and then begins his admonitions.

Did I hear that right? And to whom was he saying 'No'? TIA! I wonder if JA asked if he could respond. Truthfully I'm glad he didn't - it was ugly enough and I hate to see my honey upset.:giggle:

I don't think JA would have dignified JB's little tirade with any kind of response.

Looking at HHJP face after JB walked off from the podium, then as an afterthought says to HHJP "i'm through unless the court has any questions for me", HHJP says after a slight pause "Nope". Now mind you, Baez doesn't even wait at the podium to see if HHJP did have any questions.

If it were me in JA's shoes, no way would I have stepped up the podium. HHJP looked to me like he was about to drop that velvet gavel down and why divert the attention to me. Let it say on Baez.

Looking at HHJP face after JB walked off from the podium, then as an afterthought says to HHJP "i'm through unless the court has any questions for me", HHJP says after a slight pause "Nope". Now mind you, Baez doesn't even wait at the podium to see if HHJP did have any questions.

If it were me in JA's shoes, no way would I have stepped up the podium. HHJP looked to me like he was about to drop that velvet gavel down and why divert the attention to me. Let it say on Baez.

:tyou:

Eeee gatz! You must be psychic! (See above)
Thank you - now I can sleep relatively peacefully. You rock!

I don't think JA would have dignified JB's little tirade with any kind of response.

And JA did NOT..even tho Judge Perry did ask JA if he any further things to say....JA understands completely what JB is doing..and has been doing it since day one..and JB's tirade to excuse what happened was so disengenuous..JP understood...

I dont wonder why JB lost so many top of the Line peeps...Andrea Lyons, LKB..Dr. Lee....CM got added late in the game soley to enable JB to actually try a DP case....CM is soon to retire..and I am sure heinsight for him is wondering if joining this was wise as his swan song:crazy::crazy:

I find JB's professional performance not only lacking..but bordering on reprehensible!!..

OMG...LKB is just now on HLN....Think I have to turn off HLN

I believe he doesnt know anything. Plus he has been to court before . All this man had to do was get up and tell the truth. There is not anything to twist or distort in what we all know happened.

So what is the problem?
Will he be asked leading questions and tryed to be made to look like there was conversations yes ,but there were not and it can and would be proven in court.

It wouldnt even get past the was your phone number 333-3333 in 7-08.
No sir it was not.

Your suggested approach didn't work too well for Roy Kronk, did it?

Vasco, considering his past record and the fact that he is still on parole, would have been a fool if he didn't seek legal representation. moo.

Everyone expected this trial to be a circus. I just don't think any of us expected it to be to the great extent it has.

As to the BBM. It's always been this way, Bon. And it always will be. No matter how far victim's rights have come, IMO. I remember being denied access to certain vital documents and information concerning my daughters case because I was not a party to the case (State vs - not me vs). I was her mother, FGS, and I couldn't even have access to her autopsy report until the case was over.

We can cry foul all we want. It is what it is.

So true. In my daughter's case, I was not allowed in the court room because the Defense claimed they were going to call me as a witness. My other children were made to testify, one was on the stand for 3 straight days and I couldn't be in there to give her moral support. The courtroom door was partially glass and I walked several times up to it to try to give her a glance of support. The defense noticed that and then asked that I be banned from the front of the door.

And, in the end, they never called me to the stand.

It might be a matter of opinion to some degree. Essentially JA was unable to depose one of the defense expert witnesses over the weekend because there was nothing to depose him on (the submitted report contained essentially no opinion).

Lo and behold another report (this one more detailed and with 45 slides) was later presented to JA. Now JA has enough information to depose Eiklenbloom and will do so.

JB stated JA should have deposed RE anyway. HHJP stated depositions were not meant as an alternative to reports being submitted when they were expected replete with the expert's opinions. HTH

**Some are going to say JA should have deposed the Dr no matter what while others will state that Baez is conducting trial by ambush having experts testify to opinions not contained within their reports. I vote the latter personally.***

BBM Great summary!

ITA

Spitz defends testimony in Casey Anthony trial

"(Prosecutor Jeff Ashton) tried to discredit me, but I don't think he was successful," Spitz said. "People that did watch the jury told me the jury was very intent on my testimony.

"It almost looked to me that (Ashton) did not want to extend the cross-examination because he thought all that would happen is that the jury would get a better understanding (of my claims)."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110620...estimony-in-Casey-Anthony-trial#ixzz1PrJPlk00

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110620/METRO/106200395/1361/Spitz-defends-testimony-in-Casey-Anthony-trial

So true. In my daughter's case, I was not allowed in the court room because the Defense claimed they were going to call me as a witness. My other children were made to testify, one was on the stand for 3 straight days and I couldn't be in there to give her moral support. The courtroom door was partially glass and I walked several times up to it to try to give her a glance of support. The defense noticed that and then asked that I be banned from the front of the door.

And, in the end, they never called me to the stand.

And I willing to bet you did NOT have a lawyer to argue your RIGHTS as the MOTHER of the victim either...Hummmm

Did JA not dispose the witness that was supposed to show up today ever? Also, was he supposed to do a deposition of this deposition this past weekend after the witness had just sent him some information?

He deposed one of the witnesses, and that one talked about his own personal experience only - and then another was turned away because they have failed to give a report. I think the defense is delaying, to take advantage of the human short attention span. He gets a point for that I guess. Win at all costs. It may cost him for the remarks he made today though. Taking the judge and even more vigorously JA to task for his own misdeeds.... Baez knows his future is as a talking head and not a lawyer.

It's getting late my time so I'm calling it a day but IF anyone watches the coverage from today could you please pay close attention to right after JB wraps up. IIRC the judge says 'No' and then begins his admonitions.

Did I hear that right? And to whom was he saying 'No'? TIA! I wonder if JA asked if he could respond. Truthfully I'm glad he didn't - it was ugly enough and I hate to see my honey upset.:giggle:

You heard correctly.
Baez wound up by walking away from the podium, then saying "unless the court has any further questions, I have no further arguments"
Judge said ... pause ..... "NO" then asks both sides to turn around and look at the clock and tell him what time it is

http://www.wftv.com/video/28294755/index.html
Part One

18:20 minute mark

Hi all, guess everyone got their homes cleaned today! Just getting home and HLN isn't saying much. So was this am just about the same as Sat. or was there more to it? A brief recap would be great, but I know that's annoying to ask!

There were no opinions in the 1/2 page report to depose. He had no basis for questioning this defense witness. Then today a 2-page report with a 45 slide PP was given to JA. Judge reports were NOT turned in on time. 2nd smackdown.

This has been happening right before our eyes..........we can readily see what the DDT is up to. If it continues, it will completely blow the schedule that HHBP has outlined, with the defense taking weeks to present their case instead of finishing up later this week or on Monday of next week.

HHBP has got to be fuming over this underhanded breach of ethics! But there's nothing he can do about it without risking an appeal of the eventual verdict.

The way I see it, if HHBP stays the course and allows the defense to continue to do this, the jury is going to catch on to the defense tactics and they're going to be royally angry that this trial is being purposely delayed.

In the end, despite the DT's attempt to force a situation that would give them an appeal, the trial will have run it's course, although taking a lot longer than expected. No one will be able to say that KC didn't have a fair trial.

But the fallout from this trial will be major. I think JB will be disbarred, and the other attorneys will have their reputations tarnished for their association with this unethical defense.

BBM.

I don't think there's any chance of the DT resting by next Monday of next week. We haven't even seen the Kronk theory yet and I imagine he will be on the stand for about 2 days. And as of late it takes about a witness a day to get through. That's not even taking in consideration that JB will still continue to pull what he has thus far which is add in more "opinions" not disclosed to the SA. So there will need to be a break to give the SA the time needed to prepare all the new findings. If I had to guess I'd say they will rest by the 28th or 29th or so but maybe I'm wrong and they will be able to do so by the 27th next Monday. That is of course providing they don't come to reason and abandon the Kronk debacle.

The DT hasn't yet put on any of the Anthonys. I imagine there's a real possibility that each Anthony might take up to 2 days on the stand. That alone might take about a week of testimony.

ETA. I also don't think JB will be disbarred but I do think there's a very likely possibility he will be at least suspended for a time and might have to attend a class on ethics and professionalism. Attys rarely get disbarred for anything other than commingling $$.

Did JA not dispose the witness that was supposed to show up today ever? Also, was he supposed to do a deposition of this deposition this past weekend after the witness had just sent him some information?
Yes, the witness was deposed on Saturday afternoon for two hours, but he didn't receive a typed copy of the transcription until this morning. He stated he read through it once, but needed more time to take a closer look.

Regarding the second question, that person sent him a half page report that contained NO OPINION. Baez sent the witness to Ashton's office on Sunday, but was turned away because Ashton cannot depose someone who has no opinion on the case. :twocents:

for one thing. Now that the SA is done...a mistrial looks good-they know all the SA's witnesses, their order, their testimony etc. Plus, it's delay, he's been delaying for three years ensuring this doesn't come to trial. Plus, who knows why he does anything!

Why would he want a mistrial, when an acquittal would be better for his client? Wouldn't there be another trial somewhere down the road? (I should ask this in the lawyer's thread.)
I'm not trying to take up for him, by any means, I just think he is not cut out for this kind of case and really thinks he can get by with these little infractions. Some people are just not cut out for it.

He deposed one of the witnesses, and that one talked about his own personal experience only - and then another was turned away because they have failed to give a report. I think the defense is delaying, to take advantage of the human short attention span. He gets a point for that I guess. Win at all costs. It may cost him for the remarks he made today though. Taking the judge and even more vigorously JA to task for his own misdeeds.... Baez knows his future is as a talking head and not a lawyer.
bbm
Thanks Broderick, can I ask the comments he made? Also, if JB turns into a talking head, I will change the channel. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member