2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How low can Baez go? The man has used a lot of cheap tricks during this trial, but using HHJP's admonitions to him on Saturday to throw at JA this morning has got to be the absolute lowest and cheapest trick ever. :banghead:

So they planned on Rodriguez and the dna guy but no can do. Baez obviously planned for a full days testimony from those two. Now we have a female witness coming, is she going to take up the whole day testifying? Or has he more witnesses on their way?

Notice we didn't have any of these problems with the SA. The only issue was the power point and that was a tempest in a teapot IMO. It's clear that JB is being slimy. Remember the tooth pulling that had to go on just to get that half page nonreport??!!

Heaven help us. JB - I can almost understand - CM/DCS - they know better. This stinks of dirty deeds and tells me the DT has nothing but the chance of a mistrial as it's CIC

QUOTE=TiaM;6715843]What??!!!????

HHJP is giving them yet ANOTHER pass????

FGS.

He's not. Notice he has not actually ruled on Eikenbloom yet. He is still trying to figure out how to exclude the witness or drop the hammer without it being kicked back from the higher court. As he said while exclusion of a witness is the ultimate sanction for this sort of thing, doing so has not typically been held up on appeal. But the violations are getting so extreme that it might be the only option or he might just take the risk with the appeals court.

The judge is taking the time to do his due diligence and get his part right.

And yes JB truly is a legal sociopath for taking this to this point. Just stunningly unbelievable[/QUOTE]

He really is. This is insane, how blatant his behavior has been.

The judge is also making me mad including the State in his comments. They put on their case simply and speedily with no waiting around etc. Every single day Baez holds up this court with his dishonesty. He is the one the judge should be sanctioning and yelling at. Not acting like both sides are causing problems. He is really irritating me.

My feeling is HHJP is only doing this because somehow it could be an appellate issue if he only attacks Baez's behaviour. It is clearly Baez he is looking at while he speaks, and the examples he is using are all tricks Baez tried to pull.

Who sends a witness to the State Attorney's Office on a Saturday with no prior notice to take a deposition?

Is JA a legal secretary now? Does JA have a Court Reporter just following him around all day?

How dare JB not give any notice to the SA and set up the deposition and request a Court Reporter! JA does not work for JB - what gamesmanship.

JA is Florida' Mike Nifong

Excellent post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHJP is just making sure that both sides are properly admonished to minimize appeals issues.

That is why he pointed out that he excluded the SA demonstrative exhibit, to show he had taken action against the State as well.

Someone needs to start a meditation thread in PL....LOL!!!

I PERSONALLY am just glad you guys haven't started drinking yet today!!!!

QUOTE=TiaM;6715843]What??!!!????

HHJP is giving them yet ANOTHER pass????

FGS.

He's not. Notice he has not actually ruled on Eikenbloom yet. He is still trying to figure out how to exclude the witness or drop the hammer without it being kicked back from the higher court. As he said while exclusion of a witness is the ultimate sanction for this sort of thing, doing so has not typically been held up on appeal. But the violations are getting so extreme that it might be the only option or he might just take the risk with the appeals court.

The judge is taking the time to do his due diligence and get his part right.

And yes JB truly is a legal sociopath for taking this to this point. Just stunningly unbelievable.[/quote]
bbm
That was just perfect!

The judge is also making me mad including the State in his comments. They put on their case simply and speedily with no waiting around etc. Every single day Baez holds up this court with his dishonesty. He is the one the judge should be sanctioning and yelling at. Not acting like both sides are causing problems. He is really irritating me.

Think about it this way. If the judge singles out one side it becomes an appelate issue. It becomes an issue for recussal. So he has to direct his ire at both sides equally to maintain that aura of neutrality.

BUT

Take his last statements that both sides should go back and review all their experts opinions to insure that they will line up with their reports. Ummm? All the states experts have already testified and have their reported opinions on the record. So while the judge included them in his verbal order, it really has no application to them.

What did I miss?? Why did they recess until 10:30?? Did JB not depo his witness?

Somebody please tell me why JB turned and said something to ICA when the judge asked him who the next witness would be?????????

Maybe he was begging her to get on the stand cuz he had NOONE else!

So, just to be clear, is the Eikenbloom (sp) witness not allowed to appear at all, or has he/she been delayed?

Excluded until the state has adequate time to review his/her report or deposition for cross.

Well that was an interesting way to start the morning. I was almost waiting for the HHJP to tell both sides they had to proceed without JA & JB. Given the fact that they have been playing games with each other, and, the fact that I think LDB is the better attorney, it wouldn't be terrible for this trial if JA & JB were put in a corner somewhere while the trial proceeded. JMO, though.

JA did nothing wrong, he does not have to be put in the corner for anything...but JB will never stop his shenanigans.....he is the one that still needs the playpen...

A belated good morning to all.

Why is the State being included in His Honor's claims of gamesmenship on "both sides?" Did I miss something? As I am neither an attorney (NOR a chemist), I don't understand why the State is getting their collective butts chewed in conjunction with the DT's. I R confuzzled!

Oh, never mind...I have read the excellent WS comments on this thread and am now better educated...thanks :) I am getting a real legal education here! :)

Somebody please tell me why JB turned and said something to ICA when the judge asked him who the next witness would be?????????

I was expecting him to tell Casey to get ready to make her grand prance to the witness stand!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member