2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling generous this evening: ICA is making the most of the few fashion items she can get her hands on. Poor girl :( Well...not really, but I'm searching for a bit of compassion in myself.
I always thought presentation meant a lot during a trial. Appearances are important. I have been shocked that very little attention has been given to ICA's wardrobe. You can get some pretty cheap suits ,blouses and dresses,these days.Her clothes look like they came from the lost and found. I'm not saying that to be snarky. I'm really curious to know if it's deliberate and if so,why :waitasec: I've watched a lot of Court TV and InSession trials and I don't recall anyone wearing such inappropriate,ill-fitting clothes.

self baby-bundle-ing like a pappoose (sic?) to self regulate her emotions?

like a thunder shirt perhaps

images

HLN doesn’t think the jail/drowning story will amount to anything as the woman says she never spoke to ICA

In your professional opinion, do you think Baez asked the wrong questions, or should never have put this witness on the stand?

I know this question is not for me but I think JB really, really, really wanted Dr. Wise to say Dr. Vass was not a chemist. And no matter how many times he asked Dr. Wise that question Dr. Vass kept looking better and better. In an obvious attempt to recover from his frustration JB kept digging the hole deeper and deeper. I think JB's should be right outside of the Great China Wall by now. jmo

On the trial thread I noticed a comment about why we get so excited with JA's cross exams. Is this favoritism. In moo I like the questions to be pointed and succinct---Jose mumbles, stumbles--half the time I don't get what his question is. Also I highly value witnesses that give us reliable info in an unbiased way. Some earlier defense witnesses have tried to stretch their facts to go along with the defenses new story. I mean goiod god---Caylee's bone were buried in yuck. Orlando went thru a hurricane. What's more logical--a dog buried the bone or that is was there a long time and was exposed to water, mud etc. To me plain old common sense applied to the science wins every time. The defense is trying to use smoke and mirrors and violation of court orders to make a case. Also the Prosecution is the one that needs to prove the case. The defense needs to try to offer reasonable doubt in a logical way....thy're making the states case for them!!!!!! Dumb!!!
T
Heck...JB's direct examination got me excited...who needs to wait for JA's cross?

ICA looked as if she swaddled herself in the sweater as a means of comfort or safety. I wonder? You know how we swaddle infants and they stay warm and sleep well? It was just very odd. I have a sister who is diagnosed Narcisstic and bipolar and she does odd things like that, depending on her level of stress. It reminded me of the photo of her tying the flag around her for that party. Just odd. MOO

jinx!

I think the clothing is to make her look frumpy to counteract the pictures/etc. But IMO it's not working and it would be better to get her something more businesslike.

shelbar53 wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritsKate
'NO ONE is going to buy an instrument just because they hear about it in a court case!'

BOOYAH Baez!!!
I beg to differ, I called and ordered 2. I mentioned this trial and saved on shipping and handling.

================

Thread closed before I got this far! That is hysterical! Thanks EVERYONE for all the laughs, as well as the wonderful insight and commentaries!

I wonder if JB has already bought stock in the Labrador, or if he is an investor!

HLN doesn’t think the jail/drowning story will amount to anything as the woman says she never spoke to ICA
She wouldn't have to have done so though. KC could have overheard the story easily enough.

No it was a rat terrier that buried the bone. Actually if my dog would find a stray bone he'd bring it home. That has happened!!

I'm completely stunned that Baez didn't even bother. Baez isn't a great lawyer, but searching the hard drive seems like a no-brainer, even to me, and I don't even speak legalese.

If I were KC, I'd be furious!
I don't believe for a minute that the DT didn't search that hard drive.

Ahhh Bill S. Said that JB's not doing a search on the computer hard drive could open the door for an appeal. :(

Ummm, I believe JB as much as I did when I caught my kids hands in the cookie jar.

He was hoping like all get out that Linda would not find out or bring the computer files into her rebuttal.

Sheeze ....

Can someone please tell me why there's a short day tomorrow? TIA

I often time turn down the sound during JB's question and turn it up when the witnesses mouth starts to move

ICA was in an adjacent cell. The timing of this will be important. I worked in a prison, and the sound can carry very well, so if this April was telling someone in another cell, ICA could have easily overheard the convo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela