2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what, JB. In the Tim Masters case, the victim was found the next day in a field, and the clothing was kept in a police locker for 20 years. NOT UNDERWATER!!!

That's what I figured. Does JB not get that a momentary victory that gets stomped all over in cross does him no good???

JB is wasting my time. I already find this witness credible. But living in Colorado, which is high desert (my yard is full of sand and an ashy kind of substance), the case here isn't the same conditions as Florida. The climate couldn't be more different. (My totally lay opinion-we aren't as wet and humid here on a 100% humidity day as Florida is on a average humidity day.)

Does any think the jury has got to be wondering why the DT did not test the duct tape? I'm thinking because he was afraid he might find ICA's DNA on it.

I hope so. This witness, while credible, has been allowed to ramble a lot and I've gotten lost in the testimony at times. I'm not a genius but I'm not an idiot either.

Has the trial today really gone on for about 23 hours - cause this has been one long long long day. Considering we had no testimony yesterday today has been a double dose wonder if the jury is pooped?

Methinks Jessica doesn't know what "23rd century" means. I doubt Casey will be alive, to be put top death 200 years from now!:banghead:

Maybe she meant 22nd but still, that would be 90 years on death row. Am not sure how long the wait would be but I think most DP cases are 20-30 years in jail after conviction.

3rd DECADE of the 21st century perhaps? That would make sense if poorly worded.

JA needs to stop jabbing now. Let the witness testify unless there is a REAL reason to object.

sometimes I think that JA objects, because he wants the testimony to go the way it is going....cuz when he objects, JB gets a bug up his *$$, and burrows on ahead full steam, thinking he is pulling a fast on on JA...

Cuz didn't Jeff, on his cross, get Eik to agree more with the state than the DT? So JB bolstering the witness only looks better for the state.

All JB is doing is reinforcing the fact that MAYBE they could have found more DNA...but he DIDN'T ASK the good Dr to try it!

Dr. E w/JB - first case exoneration case - approach by police officer in Netherlands on visit - talk about the case....willing to do dna on Mr. Masters from prison...came over to US talk to DT - no $ @ time....miscarriage of justice in Netherlands ....miscarriage of justice if court allows us to do contact dna in this case...allow dt to go to netherlands....dna, dna profiling and trace....dna profile not mention Masters in jail...by 2008 got a match on dna got release Masters from State of Colorado - received media attention for this ....touch dna from 20 years past....person found outdoors ...clothing testing held for 20 ye ars...able to find something not found before....
subsequent to that other exposure from ther cases worked - yes National media here exposure.... did LE agents travel to Netherlands to assist them in other cases..this is not first high profile case ever worked...no..

running extra cycles...only thing you do...more sensitive tests than standard dna....kits type of what is used to generate profile...chemicals used to order to identify different locations on different chromosome and make a profile....mini-filer made for broken down dna---not just run extra cycles....but injection time....extra techniques use to amplify dna....

comes back to already described trace is very important - in 1990s every one look @ dna....big stain oil/grease/metals in there - still don't get profile...cut out 10x10 cm of stain....cut out exact amounts with least amt of pollution....able to perform as good as a cleaning action as the ?....clean dna with filters....whole process from find stain til end in order to gain successful dna...

another reason generate profiles for other labs (object- sustain)

another thing do different is type of machine used....have a slide for that

Yes they do “@OrlandoPumpkin: @JimLichtenstein Does the jury look as bored as the rest of us are?”by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 1:48 PM

Casey seems more attentive now that her guy is at the podium.

JB is getting excited. He's interrupting and not allowing the Judge to speak. He likes this evidence/re-direct, IMO.

But now, I'm getting a little nervous....he's gonna be a trickster. MOO.

It is only the 21st century right now.
Certainly it won't take 160 plus years to carry out a death sentence.
I understand the appeals process is drawn out, but really?

I don't think it would be that long, either. However this is a guy on FL's death row, that I believe received his sentence over 35 years ago. Don't know how you keep dragging it out?

I liked it when Ashton said of course you can't testify to something I told you. LOL LOL Got that in.

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
I'd swear one juror is drawing. Making big swooping lines & looks like doing some shading. Maybe they are cartooning the court each day
31 seconds ago

Seems like the trial was running along so smoothly til the DT took over. I wonder if the jury notices/realizes that this is b/c of the DT and what affect this may have on their deliberations and the final verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand