2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting tidbit about the death penalty: It costs $24m to put someone to death and if Casey is given the death penalty she won't be put to death until the 23rd century.

It is only the 21st century right now.
Certainly it won't take 160 plus years to carry out a death sentence.
I understand the appeals process is drawn out, but really?

City, sad eh? We requested for the DP to be taken off the table concerning my brother, because we KNEW he would live LONGER, here in Ky. If given the DP. The DA offered LWOP and he turned it down and now they are seeking the DP. But I honestly think that is a typo.

I'm actually probably in the minority who thinks LWOP is a worse fate for ICA than the DP, simply because she is young. Not sure if it would be cheaper though.

We have people here in Ky that have been on Death Row for 30 years.

yes but I was responding to comment that it would be 2 centuries before she would be put to death. Century vs decade was the topic

Does any think the jury has got to be wondering why the DT did not test the duct tape? I'm thinking because he was afraid he might find ICA's DNA on it.

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
Pretty sure the cast of Jersey Shore is watching this case and thinks the #CaseyAnthony defense is a bigger train wreck than them.

I wish JA hadn't taken shots at the witness because his laboratory is in a barn. I love, love, love JA, but I see this witness as a good guy who is passionate about his work and good at it.

I think the strongest point JA made on his cross examination was that the defense team did NOT send the duct tape for further testing. Especially since Mr. Baez seems to have become such a DNA expert and is so enamored with the more extensive testing techniques. To me that suggests that the defense team does NOT want the truth.

Otherwise why NOT ask for extra testing of the duct tape ALONG WITH just Caylee's shorts.

Guess what, JB. In the Tim Masters case, the victim was found the next day in a field, and the clothing was kept in a police locker for 20 years. NOT UNDERWATER!!!

I'm actually probably in the minority who thinks LWOP is a worse fate for ICA than the DP, simply because she is young. Not sure if it would be cheaper though.

Scoot over. :)

JB, just an observation...Nobody cares how high profile this case is. We just want the truth and some justice.

but no low copy dna was found so....whats the point of this witness?

Ooooooooo

Baez is attempting to establish rapport with the witness as his secret hero JA so easily did

Not working, JB. <modsnip>

I agree. This witness is credible.

Oh, I agree but simple fact - he could have tested the duct tape, he offered to test the duct tape and Baez did not want him to test the duct...ie, I'm afraid if you do test it you will find ICA's DNA on there.

Guess what, JB. In the Tim Masters case, the victim was found the next day in a field, and the clothing was kept in a police locker for 20 years. NOT UNDERWATER!!!

Wow! I hope JA gets that on the record.

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
@
@stevehelling Yes, I have a question. What seat will you be sitting in for the #CaseyAnthony retrial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela