2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
State gets to read their instruction, testimony prohibited concerning trunk fluid!

HHJP blocks the testimony on DNA evidence of decomp on trunk liner.

HHJP - we will prohibit the testimony concerning the testimony of DNA analysis

Krystal Halloway is in hallway. She claimed to have affair w/ George Anthony. This may be why Lippman said "today is going to be ugly"
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 8:08 AM

Velvet Hammer has spoken....Instruction to jury and prohibiting testimony of carpet DNA by DT.........

OMG HHJP is considering a frye hearing this late in the trial I just cannot believe this.

It finally dawned on me what this guy and the "touch DNA" is all about.

Baez is JEALOUS that Ashton is famous for being the first to successfully bring DNA testing into a court case and successfully prosecute because of it.

Baez wants so badly to one up him and get this in, therefore becoming "famous" at least in his own little mind. :loser:

He would first have to know something about DNA in order to argue about it.
It is way over his head. That would be like me trying to teach a Master mechanic about the combustion engine... please!

So was there DNA in the trunk sample or not. I am just reading here and not watching and am TOTALLY confused.

Dang.... I have to go in to the shop this am... I'm due there by 9:30.. So I'm going to miss the drama this morning... Y'all be good..

Go JPB no nonsense this morning!!! He is being careful, but not taking any guff from JB

Woot!

HHJP is limiting his testimony per JA's request. Oh...abundance of caution - schedule a Frye hearing giving the State a week's notice. God this trial is gonna last til Christmas.

#Krystal Halloway is in hallway. She claimed to have affair w/ George Anthony. This may be why Lippman said "today is going to be ugly"by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:08 AM

HHJP: Looks like we'll be doing this for the next two weeks.

bobkealing

#CaseyAnthony River Cruz denied to WESH 2 that she and George had an affair. Expect that to come up when she's called to testify.
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

HHJP was so right when he said "You can't teach a Piglet to sing."
This is getting just pathetic.

Hey JB......Do re mi fa so la ti do.......try that!

JA w/HHBP the witness was unaware that dna was not tested because DT didn't request items to be tested.....

JB low copy dna - different type of dna testing - the court and SA would not allow us to test it...

HHBP - are you saying there is no certified lab that does low copy dna except his?

JB not aware of any others in US - in Europe quite popular - more advanced than we are in US - low copy DNA

HHBP - has low copy DNA been Frye yet?

JB -not sure if in FL

jA - HE did not indicate low copy was not run in other labs during his depo...

JB - not true - low copy requires a specific test - can't just run it extra times....Mr. Eiklenbloom is the premiere in this area...use these kits - uniqueness of what he does....we are conceeding to stick to areas that are well known to State ...they didn't take his depo until recently.....

HHBP -court heard arguements for both SA and DT - prohibit testimony concerning possible testing by dna analysis by decomp fluid in the trunk....court will do out of abundance of caution -looks like we will do this for next 2 weeks....schedule a Frye hearing and give SA one week notice - consider doing that to see if admissable - but for time being - not going to be permitted as a sanction for not disclosing...not permanently shut the door - give an opportunity for proper notice for witness to give testimony for a Frye hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste