2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the witness is saying that a dog or a coyote (which JA said they don't have) could have buried the skull.

ETA: Dr. Bock, who's so familiar with Florida, doesn't know they don't have coyotes.

I'm not thinkin' this witness has been very helpful for the defense.
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 9:34 AM

4 inch deep in muck.....well maybe a dog buried it

grunt a dog?

No further questions

"or a dog buried it"

"coyote...I don't know if you have those here"

Whoa where did that come from?

OMG! She just said a dog could have buried Caylee's bone. Or a coyote. :eek:

LMAOOO JA just gave up, he realized he didn't have to say anymore... "a dog buried it? Okay, I'm done with you" loool

Hipbone buried 4 inches in muck. Dr. Bock's explanation is "a dog buried it". JA stifles laugh. OMG

If Dr. Bock believes that roots could grow into that laundry bag and up through those bones in only two weeks.... I cannot give her testimony any credit at all. Anyone who gardens knows that plants just do not grow that fast. You don't have to be a botanist to know that it takes time for plants and plant roots to grow. :doh:

This past school year my kindergardener's planted beans...it took over two weeks for them to begin to break the soil.

I agree. This is just common sense. The Jury is not going to buy it either,IMO.

KC looks sleepy.

Did anyone else see the Dr. Drew show last night and showed that KC had her shirt tied in the back to make it appear tighter (don't know what day she did that I think Sat.). Kind of like my oldest daughter did in the 1980's?

Back on topic, this redirect is not going well and has got to be infinately boring for the jury.

That was yesterday. Thank goodness it was a short day and we didn't have to see her walking in and out, in and out with that knotted shirt. Ridiculous the Defense lets her get away with doing silly things like that.

DS - how many years studied plants and botany in semi-tropical regions? 30 years....throughout her time as a professor 31 years at least...if bone fragment has a hole in it...can a root grow into that hole? no...an opening in a bag or opening of any kind - it can......leaf litter on that log? no! inspired me to look @ log - if it had been turned over or any documents about the log....in officer Welch's summary reports discussed took 2 people to move it...any identification of plant material un der or t o the side of the log? no --what info could give you? (object-overrule_) if it had been moved and how far along decay was and some other plants in the area....humus and leaf litter - ask witness to stand down....

humus top layer w/most organic matter broken down leaf litter, soil, bugs, as you move down gets more rocky....

sketch represents leaf fall and twigs and remnants of roots appear right on top of humus area ...thru process of decay will eventually incorporate into the humus layer....conditions of photos was it wet? Object- which photos....sustain

photos of when remains were removed ....same object- sustain

item placed on leaf litter and it wet and the humus is wet can that item sink? yes

resume seat Dr.

Re-Recross?

JA - ask counsel to move easel back if done with it...thank you...Dr. testimony this skull sank into leaf litter? could have - I dont know...or been pushed....or could have been there for several months and leaf litter accumulated...were you aware that one of the bones was buried 4" into the muck? no....the hip bone was buried in 4" of humus...indicate that bone had been there for a long time - it could or a dog buried it...A dog? or a cayote...we don't have those here.

Dr excused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members