2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
]My Momma Is Cooler Than Yours [/B]- slideshow by caseyomarie posted august 14th, 2007..I know we've seen all the pictures..but what does she mean by "my momma is cooler than yours"? I thought she hated Cindy?

my momma is cooler than your's. by caseyomarie

in the "officer charlie, how i miss you" pic she looks WAY different.

BBM.....I think Casey wrote that to be read as if Caylee were saying it...
like Caylee is saying to Casey "my momma is cooler than yours"

I believe Judge Perry is a little too concerned about possible appeals and reversals and in worrying about that and his record, may be blinding himself to the fact that this defense is probably going to go down in legal history as one of the worst ever produced. Personally I will be stunned if a conviction holds up in this case. I know mine is a highly unpopular opinion. I also don't think the prosecution has answered the main questions of where, when and how, forget about why.

Also, I read about a case of JP's last night where a DP conviction was evenutally overturned and the defendant granted a new trial, based on a police interview tape where the defendant had not been read their rights being shown to jurors...which is exactly what happened in this (CA's) case. It was a case from 1995 but the new trial was granted in 2009. This makes me wonder about JP...sounds an awful lot like YM's interview with CA at Universal.

JMO***JMO***

The statements ICA gave investigators were WITNESS statements about the kidnapping of her daughter. Witnesses do NOT have to be read their rights prior to giving their statements to police.

I believe Judge Perry is a little too concerned about possible appeals and reversals and in worrying about that and his record, may be blinding himself to the fact that this defense is probably going to go down in legal history as one of the worst ever produced. Personally I will be stunned if a conviction holds up in this case. I know mine is a highly unpopular opinion. I also don't think the prosecution has answered the main questions of where, when and how, forget about why.

Also, I read about a case of JP's last night where a DP conviction was evenutally overturned and the defendant granted a new trial, based on a police interview tape where the defendant had not been read their rights being shown to jurors...which is exactly what happened in this (CA's) case. It was a case from 1995 but the new trial was granted in 2009. This makes me wonder about JP...sounds an awful lot like YM's interview with CA at Universal.

JMO***JMO***

She wasn't under arrest at Universal. They were looking for a "missing" child.

Of course there will be appeals. It's the norm in DP cases. Overturned? Never.

Where: Trunk of the car

When: June 16, 2008

How: Chloroform and duct tape

Why: Bella Vita

The statements ICA gave investigators were WITNESS statements about the kidnapping of her daughter. Witnesses do NOT have to be read their rights prior to giving their statements to police.

The way I read the other case, the detective was accusatory to the defendant, as was YM when he told her that Caylee was probably dead in a trash can, i.e.
Just saying, it is pretty close. They knew Casey had lied about every little thing by then and I am convinced she was a suspect at the time. JMO

She wasn't under arrest at Universal. They were looking for a "missing" child.

Of course there will be appeals. It's the norm in DP cases. Overturned? Never.

Where: Trunk of the car

When: June 16, 2008

How: Chloroform and duct tape

Why: Bella Vita

My opinion is based on not knowing about this case much at all before the trial...so just saying what I feel.

Thanks, Mountain_Kat, I was just about to make this point but see you already got to it.

Nope....won't work. Remember, Caylee drowned according to Baez. Casey was crying and crying whilst George was holding Caylee in his arms and yelling at her. How could you? You will go to jail for child neglect for the rest of your frickin` life. ...

Yep per Baez Caylee drowned. So why all the hoopla about finding an unknown hair or gaterade bottle. To prove someone else had the body? Sorry Baez, ICA proved her own timeline wrong. Her computer and cell phone records don't leave her any time for a drowning with in the time frame of "early morning or early afternoon, no it was early morning."

Baez and ICA couldnt state it was an accident and show them where the body was early on. To much evidence of a murder. Duct tape and I'm sure before the body decomposed there was evidence of chemicals, chloroform, zanax etc. Heck maybe there were bruises all over the body.

You will probably all throw tomatoes at me for saying this, but I feel sorry for Baez too. Its his own fault most likely to get himself into this situation, but still at least if 1 of his witnesses would have added something positive to his argument maybe he could proved some important point and put a bit of doubt out there. His witnesses just get smashed by JA every time it seems, or they say nothing really either way to help either side. This is like watching a shutout baseball game which I don't like.

See, the thing is, this isn't a game.

It is a trial to bring about justice for a murdered 34 month old, precious little girl.

So forgive me if I don't feel sympathy for the murderer, or the attorney with the questionable ethics that will tell any story, slant any testimony, sneak in any "Gotcha!" moment that he thinks he can get away with - to set that murderer free. He is using that murdered toddler as a pawn, just as surely as her murderer did to gain the upper hand with her parents.

To make a name for himself.

I can't do it.

Even if I didn't believe all those things I just said about him, I still couldn't bring myself to feel anything but disgust for him. Why? Because he is so ridiculously underqualified for this case, but has too large an ego and thirst for fame to admit it. He should have turned this case over to someone else from the get go - and wouldn't do it. He has brought on this "beating" himself.

Sorry, JMO (no worries - no tomatoes LOL :seeya:)

Regarding all those calls that KC made on the 16th of June.....Was GA or CA ever asked any of the calls? If they spoke to her, did either of them say what it was about?

iirc they were both at work. GA had just got to work & then called her back shortly after ... CA was in a meeting and had 3 or 4 calls from her & I thought she said ICA was looking for a babysitter ?? That doesn't make sense, but what does with the A's!?! :banghead:

My opinion is based on not knowing about this case much at all before the trial...so just saying what I feel.

That's ok. I think once the prosecution puts on their rebuttal case and ends it by tying it all up in a nice bow in closing arguments you may have many of your questions answered. :)

Clu I do agree with you. I'm starting to lean towards a hung jury which will bring another trial. BUT I also believe they may go for a lessor sentence of Aggravated Child Abuse against a minor. If they do go for that I will remind all that if she is convicted of that crime, Aggravated Child Abuse which results in the Death of a child under the age of 12 she can be sentenced to Death. That would be at the discretion of the His Honor in the long run.

Nope....won't work. Remember, Caylee drowned according to Baez. Casey was crying and crying whilst George was holding Caylee in his arms and yelling at her. How could you? You will go to jail for child neglect for the rest of your frickin` life. ...

Yep, and he had Crystal get rid of the body and Jose knows we will never know where it was because Crystal will never tell us.

The way I read the other case, the detective was accusatory to the defendant, as was YM when he told her that Caylee was probably dead in a trash can, i.e.
Just saying, it is pretty close. They knew Casey had lied about every little thing by then and I am convinced she was a suspect at the time. JMO

Do what now? :waitasec:

It's photos like this that have had me re-evaluating my first impressions of strangers. Just like HHJP, they may look like nobody special, but they may actually be a quiet hero of Justice. Think about how many hours that man has put in over his long career...for Government wages.
Ashton is definitely one of those quiet heroes too.
Btw, I think the only reason JA will probably never be a judge is his (ahem) passion. That's okay, JA is right where he belongs anyway.

Sorry, rambling.

Does anyone know if JA has children or a wife? :blushing:

I'm still confused about the miranda rights. I asked a question under the attorney thread about the miranda rights and why this is still being spoken about all over, if JP resolved the issue in a pretrial motion. The response of AZlawyer was this:

The question was resolved by HHJP in the pretrial motion stage, yes. But lots of issues will be raised over and over again to make sure that they are preserved for appeal. And certainly the question has not been resolved by the appellate court yet!

The issue of whether the Miranda warnings should have been given and when was not an easy, black-and-white legal issue in this case. Legal experts on WS and elsewhere strongly disagreed on the answer. You can find many posts about it in the forum if you do a search for "miranda" and "universal," for example.

Yep per Baez Caylee drowned. So why all the hoopla about finding an unknown hair or gaterade bottle. To prove someone else had the body? Sorry Baez, ICA proved her own timeline wrong. Her computer and cell phone records don't leave her any time for a drowning with in the time frame of "early morning or early afternoon, no it was early morning."

Baez and ICA couldnt state it was an accident and show them where the body was early on. To much evidence of a murder. Duct tape and I'm sure before the body decomposed there was evidence of chemicals, chloroform, zanax etc. Heck maybe there were bruises all over the body.

I'm still waiting as are the jurors and probably many of us here on this board and other boards of proof this was an accidental drowning and Casey's molestation accusations against her dad and brother. Tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

Maybe George's mistress will clear it all up for us. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member