2011.06.22 TRIAL Day Twenty-five (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's trying to discredit Vass so bad because Vass said when he open the can he jumped back a foot or two and that the levels of chloroform were shockingly high. These were very strong statements that had an impact. All he's doing is reminding the jury over and over of Vass' testimony. He would be better to try and make them forget it.

All he has to do is instill some sort of reasonable doubt. He does that by attacking links, no matter how weak or strong they are, that place ICA with the body or the body location. Granted, this is probably not being very effective, but it's the only defense they have. They cannot defend 31 days, so instead they try to remove ICA from the recovery site.
No, Baez would have got a lot further if he'd attacked the dynamics of the Anthony family, built upon the foundation of his opening statement. Especially GA, who was a viable avenue for reasonable doubt, considering his fascination with KC's body, and the fact that although he was upset about it, he didn't outright deny the molestation accusation or call KC a liar in his letter to her. Baez should have put him on the stand first thing and went at him hard.

GA denied molesting KC on the stand, and I don't believe he molested KC, but the point is his letters to her are...disturbing, IMO. And if I were on the jury, I'd at least entertain the notion that GA's hands aren't clean of Caylee's death.

Baez should have stuck with what he knows: slime the witness. I'm completely serious about that; he has a knack for it, that would have served him well in this trial. It had a very high chance of working. Instead, Baez chose to attack the evidence, and its backfiring.

My opinions...

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Sigma: Spoke with OCSO re: samples of air from #CaseyAnthony car.

So their own witness speaks TO the jury...are they going to criticize him now?

Attachments

• jury.jpg
    jury.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 15
Dr. Vass reccommended this chemist to take the samples from car, since Dr. Vass was unavailable...he consulted Dr. Vass and was told how to proceed

It sure seems they are on a mission to discredit Vass, it almost appears personal. They might have to resort to calling his kindergarten teacher to testify to the time he had to stand in the corner.

Wait - so the State's witness (Dr. Vass) recommended this guy for the defense? Huh??

Far OUT !

Baez: ' And what other kind of meaningless work do you do ...

Witness: ' I don't feel any of my work is meaningless '

I don't believe it. Heard it but will have to get my ears checked because it cannot be happening !

The man defies explanation.

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Sigma: Tedlar bags used for collecting air samples. #CaseyAnthony

I am very confused though. I thought that was just to let the jurors know why they changed horses in midstream that day. I thought there was a legal issued to be decided, and THEN HHJP would decide if Rodriguez could testify. Hell, I don't know anymore! JB has be kerfluffled.

seems to be lots of rumors...the ones I keep hearing are that he admitted during deposition that Caylee's body may have been there since July 2008 and then the fact that his co-founding of the Body Farm was fiction. The second seems most likely to me. Maybe that's why JA is pushing for a statement. Maybe he wants the judge to state that something about false credentials. :floorlaugh:

I didn't know air could be measured using a liquid measuring unit.

Earlier I saw JB bump into KC and she mouthed out a big ole OW and shot him quite the dirty look.

i don't know that I've seen a more distained defendant in a murder trial. Every day she looks like she's inconvenienced to be there and is waiting rather impatiently to have this huge waste of time behind her. She doesn't even try to humor the court. It's an interesting way to present yourself when you are facing the death penalty.

And she hasn't had a "work" schedule like this since '05 for a few months and before that school.

Mason spreading his arms and rising on balls of his feet...channeling a 'good ole boy'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez