2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Giordano's in Chicago when I had a few hours between flights--loved it. Went to Uno's way back when. Is that still good?

Do any flat-crust pizza places use the fennel seed Italian sausage anymore?

mine does - pretty standard in Italian sausage around these parts (can buy it at "the Jewel")

Lunch is romaine lettuce, onions, and chicken breast with a lemon/olive oil dressing, a small wedge of cataloupe. and unsweet tea. Jealous? ;)

Lunch recess over at 1:30, right? Might have time to vacuum.

Nope. Don't like lemon/olive oil. Now, if you had said balsamic vinegar and olive oil, that would be a whole 'nother ballgame.

On WESH they are saying that it may be computer forensics coming up after lunch... something that (at least to me) seems a LOT more interesting.

ETA: (of course all this other stuff was ALSO quite a bit more interesting when the STATE presented it.... so....?)

I do understand, and I am sure the jury understands as well. I personally have always felt that the state wanted the truth to be known. This trial has made me realize that that is not the case. The state wants to win the trial, and the truth has nothing to do with it. JMO

Of course the State wants to win? That is their job. As for the truth... only one person knows the whole truth... and that is Casey. Also, this witness is obviously not the most trustworthy person to be asking for the truth. As others have stated, he is nothing but a hired opinion... doesn't have anything to do with the truth.

LOL WFTV said they checked and it was 24 objections JA made against Dr. Logan...almost all were sustained.

This morning I learned that robins care more for their babies than KC apparently did. Heard pandemonium in the back yard and went out to see a baby bird in my yard which was being investigated by one of my dogs (Rex, the Corgi in my avatar). Mom and Dad bird were screeching and diving. I got Rex away and the young bird trotted away but apparently couldn't fly. I got all dogs locked in the house and hoped the bird parents were able to rescue their baby somehow. Even birds give a care for their endangered offspring, and make quite a fuss while they're at it.

Ummm. bugs care more fore their babies than KC. Just sayin.

Chicago style deep dish and beer? Ya'll are making this former Midwesterner homesick! :(

Never had Chicago style pizza BUT .. I haven't had a decent pizza since we moved to Florida from Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY... and don't even get me started on Chicken wings. !! :maddening::maddening:

This witness is highly accredited. If I were on the jury, I would be upset with the multiple objections and sidebars. I would want to know what this expert had to say.

Obviously, the witness is an expert. Obviously the DT wants his testimony. Obviously the PT does not. As a juror, that must determine the guilt of the defendant, I would want as much information from the experts as possible to help me make my decision. Since the beginning of the DT's CIC, JA has had numerous objections, and called for numerous sidebars. At some point as a juror I am going to begin to think the state has something to hide.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

I think you have a very idealistic view of this expert. The DT can pay a hired gun to say whatever they NEED them to say. Just like the Botanist who said the skull might have been in the woods for only two weeks. Or Dr. Spitz saying the tape was put on the skeleton to place the mandible back together in the woods. Do you think either of those things are true?

Is it just me or does anyone else think it makes sense that, if KC is willing to throw everyone in her entire family under the bus for her own freedom she wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing with Caylee?

Very well said!!! :clap:

I move to strike all testimony about bomb pops and pizza, your honor. It's prejudicial to the those who are dieting!

I am still shaking my head over the fact they are still trying to say the smell and the adipocere was from garbage. Why bother?

Both sides have been trying to prove "scientifically" by bringing in expert witnesses to testify to the chemical composition of the odor of human decomposition.

The bottom line is: there have been multiple witnesses (both expert & non-expert, human & non-human) that have testified to the smell in the car, and have recognized that smell as the odor of human decomposition.

1. Simon Birch (tow yard manager)
2. GA
3. CA
4. Geraldo Bloise (CSI for OCSO)
5. Gerus (human remains detection dog. Caveat: Gerus hasn't testified, but I trust his training & his nose & I saw the video of him working when he located the drowning victim he was tasked to find)
6. Deputy Jason Forgey (Gerus's trainer & handler)
7. Dr. Arpad Vass (research scientist & forensic anthropologist)

If I was a juror, I would find this list of witnesses who testified to the odor of human decomposition in the trunk of the car to be pretty solid & corroborating to the SA's allegations that little Caylee's remains were in the trunk of Casey's car.

IMO, the DT has NOT been able to undo the testimony of these witnesses.

Speaking as an unofficial *mock juror* who hasn't followed this case until the trial, these witnesses' testimonies have had the strongest impact upon me personally.

I think it is interesting that George and Cindy do not talk to anyone, nor does anyone seem to engage them.

BombPopLine.jpg

Fresh from the factory, enough for everyone!

This morning I learned that robins care more for their babies than KC apparently did. Heard pandemonium in the back yard and went out to see a baby bird in my yard which was being investigated by one of my dogs (Rex, the Corgi in my avatar). Mom and Dad bird were screeching and diving. I got Rex away and the young bird trotted away but apparently couldn't fly. I got all dogs locked in the house and hoped the bird parents were able to rescue their baby somehow. Even birds give a care for their endangered offspring, and make quite a fuss while they're at it.

Good Golly KathrynL - I had the same scenario play out in my yard a few days ago - the Robins are fledging around here. My dog, however, had "taken possession of the birdlet (no real harm, she was just, well kind of- but tossing it into the air...). We had a bit of a rodeo and got the little guy out of harm's way but I thought I was auditioning for Hitchcock movie with all the noise and attention generated. It wasn't just one pair of Robins, but a whole community of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand