2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair immersed in water for 17 days. Shows darkening but not banding.
Additional hair immersed in water for 100 days. Some darkening, stripes.
Hair immersed for 100 days, darkening above root. It's darkened but not postmortem banding.
Going through slide after slide ... not postmortem banding.

Yes it is. But not when I want to hear the trial, KWIM?
WTFV NEVER interrupts the trial. During Sidebar, there is nothing going on, so they give commentary. But they always cease as soon as JP sits back in his chair.

Here a hair, there a hair, everywhere a hair hair. Witness explaining every hair and sounding more of an expert, hair by hair. This man knows his hairs.

AmandaOberWESH Amanda Ober
#CaseyAnthony Defense wants to raise doubt in jurors minds that post mortem root banding is a reliable evidence

Wait are these the slides that HHJP wouldn't allow JA to show the jury in their CIC??? Sorry my mind is fuzzy this am ...

My last word on juror 4 hype: Good note taker; Good American who agreed to follow letter of law. Nobody knows her thoughts. #caseyanthony
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 9:51 AM

What I'm learning is decomposition in hair is different than post mortem banding and the hair found in the trunk had post mortem banding....TY JB!!!!

My last word on juror 4 hype: Good note taker; Good American who agreed to follow letter of law. Nobody knows her thoughts. #caseyanthony
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 7:51 AM

Time to go bake something LOL I can't handle this right now

The jury is probably thinking the same thing. I just hope they absorb some of the points JA is trying to make. This topic just begs daydreaming.

Ineffective council???

Did anyone else catch Eiglarsh last night (I believe it was on Dr. Drew) saying there was a Texas case where the defense lawyer fell asleep and the conviction was NOT overturned.......they said he didn't fall asleep at critical points of the trial. I know I've heard of a case where the lawyer fell asleep during trial, not sure if it's the same case he referred to.

Witness treats the hairs like Mr. Bill. :)

I'm sure JB has something up his sleeve to want this admitted after all that. But what is it? We shall see on cross. It will most likely fail.

Not exactly sure where to ask this question, so pardon me if it should go someplace else. It appears that JB is somewhat "stalling" or not really going anywhere with his line of defense.....can HHJP talk to him about where he is actually going with it or basically tell him to get to the point....or.....can this trial just continue to go?????

I would assume that HHJP can say something to him as he is very concerned about not "wasting" the juries time and basically would rather cut to the chase.

Does anyone know????

When HHJP instructed the jury last week, he basically told them that based on what he knows (which I am assuming is what the defense planned on presenting) the last day would be on Saturday. However, the biggest way I see HHJP "urge" the defense/state to stick to the schedule/plan is by extending court hours, using lunches for arguments, having the defense/state get there early, etc. I do think the defense will rest on Saturday as he predicted. He's been a judge for a while now...I think he can hone in on what is happening and is going to happen.

I am so very confused as to why JB vehemently argued to have this info not allowed during State's case, and actually brought it in himself in his own CIC???????

Like ICA, I suspect JB cannot plan ahead. Either he "won" his objection to keep the power point out without ever thinking about the content of the images and the potential for his own defense story, or perhaps he wanted this presentation to beef out his own thin case, or perhaps hew as so lazy he truly didn't go over the information previously, and after he was forced to look at it he narrow mindedly only saw the parts he wanted to use for himself without thought for what doors it would open for the State. IMO.

Did anyone else catch Eiglarsh last night (I believe it was on Dr. Drew) saying there was a Texas case where the defense lawyer fell asleep and the conviciton was NOT overturned.......they said he didn't fall asleep at critical points of the trial. I know I've heard of a case where the lawyer fell asleep during trial, not sure if it's the same case he referred to.

I saw that, too....mind boggling!

Wait are these the slides that HHJP wouldn't allow JA to show the jury in their CIC??? Sorry my mind is fuzzy this am ...

yes they are however JB opened the door with his direct examination of the witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom