2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else catch Eiglarsh last night (I believe it was on Dr. Drew) saying there was a Texas case where the defense lawyer fell asleep and the conviciton was NOT overturned.......they said he didn't fall asleep at critical points of the trial. I know I've heard of a case where the lawyer fell asleep during trial, not sure if it's the same case he referred to.

Yes, I did see that!!!!....guess JB has a ways to go yet....:floorlaugh:

This is one of JB's biggest mistakes. Witness is getting more credible by the second as he goes thru his PP slides.

JB is helping the State reinforce their direct with this witness by cross examining him as a defense witness.

JB should know better by now. Jeff Ashton knows this stuff. This ain't his first rodeo. :rocker:

Hair stored in water for 17 days (the hair JB pointed out), did not display post mortem banding. The area darkened was too long. PM Banding is much shorter.

I'm sure JB has something up his sleeve to want this admitted after all that. But what is it? We shall see on cross. It will most likely fail.

The only thing up JB's sleeve is his arm.

I'm sure JB has something up his sleeve to want this admitted after all that. But what is it? We shall see on cross. It will most likely fail.

OR .....he has been thwarted once again...:great:

Cy Spurling seen in witness waiting area.. JB's next witness?
:great::great::loser::great::great:

Perhaps he's another 'hair' expert? Do toupees get post-mortem banding? JB probably wants to waste all our time finding out...

Or is there another Cy Spurling?

Explaining why what is seen in a slide is NOT postmortem banding.

JA: look at this under a microscope, you will appreciate where the root begins and ends, correct?
SS: Yes, seen better with a microscope.
JA: Is this another hair Mr. Baez asked about?
SS: Yes. This one is too far down into the soft tissue of the hair to be post-mortem banding.

Foiled again Mr. Baez!

He might, but I doubt it. IMO, Baez simply doesn't think far enough ahead. In pre-trial hearings, HHJP had to warn him a few times about 'opening doors'.

wftv has these extremely annoying "sims" ads which pop up in the middle of witness testimony, it started yesterday and is so annoying, am just about to give them the flick.

AmandaOberWESH Amanda Ober
#CaseyAnthony Defense wants to raise doubt in jurors minds that post mortem root banding is a reliable evidence

Well, that was an epic fail! :floorlaugh:

Potting soil has been heated for sterilzation & is not the same as the dirt where the remains were found. Duh!

My last word on juror 4 hype: Good note taker; Good American who agreed to follow letter of law. Nobody knows her thoughts. #caseyanthony
by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 7:51 AM

So true.

Just wanted to add that in my experience, those that claim they don't like to judge others.....are some of the most judgemental people I know!

Speaking as a woman you KNOW as soon as a sentance starts with, "I'm not one to gossip" it's gonna end with some darn juicy GOSSIP!!! :floorlaugh:

Listening to this testimony about living hair becoming dead and hardened with age make me want to go get my hair trimmed.

Wouldn't all this testimony about hair being in water contradict the DT's defense that Kronk moved the body? Wouldn't it prove moreso that Caylee was under water at the location site? I'm really lost on why JB is bringing this up.

Like ICA, I suspect JB cannot plan ahead. Either he "won" his objection to keep the power point out without ever thinking about the content of the images and the potential for his own defense story, or perhaps he wanted this presentation to beef out his own thin case, or perhaps hew as so lazy he truly didn't go over the information previously, and after he was forced to look at it he narrow mindedly only saw the parts he wanted to use for himself without thought for what doors it would open for the State. IMO.

I vote "all of the above". Good analysis.

Every witness JB has put on has only stregthened the prosecutions case. Can't he see what he is doing. They would of been better off just not presenting any witnesses and just giving a closing statement. Because to me his ship his sinking and going down fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom