2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might, but I doubt it. IMO, Baez simply doesn't think far enough ahead. In pre-trial hearings, HHJP had to warn him a few times about 'opening doors'.

JB would not a good chess player make. :floorlaugh:

When HHJP instructed the jury last week, he basically told them that based on what he knows (which I am assuming is what the defense planned on presenting) the last day would be on Saturday. However, the biggest way I see HHJP "urge" the defense/state to stick to the schedule/plan is by extending court hours, using lunches for arguments, having the defense/state get there early, etc. I do think the defense will rest on Saturday as he predicted. He's been a judge for a while now...I think he can hone in on what is happening and is going to happen.

Yesterday JB said that they would tell the court this Friday when they expect to wrap it up. Then State is going to do rebuttal, and JP said they need to know when Defense will wrap up so they can prepare for that. So far all of Defense testimony has been forensics, they still have lots of witnesses to bring in, judging from their defense list. State saved some of their witnesses for Rebuttal, so who knows how long this will take. I believe early this week JP said this would go another 2 weeks, from how things were going. I think we have at least another week, at minimum, before Jury gets to deliberate.

Stephen Shaw - w/Jb - study over 600 hairs from 15 individuals....a thesis he had come across...taken hairs and submerged in water or soil....suggested further study...he did this placed hairs in various locations....someone trying to get Masters degree and submitted thesis...came up with new findings and wanted to expand upon that? object- sustain compound....purpose of your study to expand on prior study? yes it was......FBI (can't hear).....JB grabs large demonstrative board - with 6 pictures of hairs under microscope....publish to jury.....Human Hair roots top 2 pictures ....bottom 4 pics labeled ....hair stored in water for 17 days collected from live individual....one of the hairs initially identified by one of examiners in their initial analysis - mistakenly id'd it for post mortem root band....object-sustain....

characteristics similar to post mortem root banding- other examiner didn't identify it in their initial ....both of these examiners aware this was a study? object-open ended question...what information did they have about what they were doing...knew it was a test and he had been conducting study on hairs....didn't know .....examined over 200 hairs....examiner 1 and 2 each identified antemortem hairs as having characteristic of post-mortem banding (not the same hair) and when confirming with each other - both those hairs ruled out....they knew it was a test...

show defense exhibit 1 - another antemortem hair submerged in water for 17 days....this is the hair examiner 2 identified as post mortem root banding....observe in photo darkening area here- one of the examiners made mistake initiallly....they would be..photo somewhat represents post mortem...I believe they are completely different....in their initial analysis they thought it might but ruled it out in final review...another hair from living individual stored in potting soil for 100 days....apparent decomp look? yes there are some striations - he labels ....JB shows pic #43 - hair from living individual buried in potting soil approx 100 days...apparent decomp....he shows darkened area above root....now show defense #40 - another hair from living individual submerged in water for 17 days....some apparant decomp in this hair....shows on screen....what about the roots? is that normal the darkening? it can be dark from living individuals...normal could be....

any other ongoing studies @ FBI on this type environmental for hair? on living individuals? no there is not....aware of 3 studies of hair studies like this...ongoing study for scientists for hair...yes conducting further research a way to build more info on post-mortem banding....

direct you to report 1/27/09 - refers to it...what were you asked to do on this date? in this report hairs and fibers recovered from hair mass...debris from skull....3 pieces of duct tape...findings? object-

Q-59 hair mass...271 is hair mass....can you tell us what results were in exams? there were no hairs suitable for meaningful microscopic from duct tape....there were hairs found on ducttape and they were consistent with those found on hair mass...

preserved on slides

all of the hairs suitable for comparison from tape same as hair mass

studies from hairs in car trunks? correct...JB didn't show any of the hairs from a trunk...move to place into evidence SA#

use power point to explain to jury - publish.....start w/pic#1

600 hairs from 15 living individuals used in this study...representation of some of those hairs...photos taken before and after...hairs stored indoors on window cell 233 days - apparent discoloration but no apparant decomp....before picture - upper left and right quadrants are one individual...lower half of this page hair from different individual left side before hair and after is on right hand side....both these hairs from 2 different people...must take into account hair color to Identify post mortem band? No
additional hair stored on a dash of a vehicle for 202 days - in direct sunlight - not used during that period - vehicle sat unused started in August continued for 6.7 months...hairs exposed show any changes of decomp? no...none @ all...hairs stored in trunk of vehicle stored same time frame same number of days (202) no apparant decomp changes from vehicle parked in non-shaded area - direct sunlight in sunny days...no change....hairs stored outdoors in a grass area - could receive direct sunlight - upper half pic and in after there are some changes you can see....outdoors what happened a lot roots were missing from most of hairs...apparent insect activity in most of these hairs...root completely missing..did you find that in Q-59 hair mass? there were some roots missing yes...

hairs stored outdoors in wooded area for 14 days....there is some apparent decomp @ the root band but not post-mortem root band...for post mortem banding you have to have an opaque band above the root...takes great deal of training to understand subtle differences...and microscope and focusing up and down on the hair you can see where the hair begins to get it's shape...soft tissue of the root - as you move you can see ....looking for opaque band above the root....

next slide - another hair stored outdoors for 14 days...before shot and 3 after shots some decomp but no post mortem banding. additional hair stored outdoors in grass area for 107 days some apparent root decomp but no post mortem banding (again)
2 additional hairs stored in outdoor area....apparent decomp in root soft tissue area
hair stored submerged in water for 17 days...considerable change in root proximal end - there is darkening in the soft tissue but it is too far down to be post mortem banding...both examiners excluded this as post mortem banding.

hair submerged in water 100 days - you can see significant change in size of root and soft tissue -see striations...some darkening in outside edges...you can see darkened on outside but not an opaque band - no post mortem banding

again...
again...
again 17 days

hair in soil 17 days - darkened areas not post-mortem banding
again - lots decomp on soft tissue of root = no post mortem band
again - 100 days - soft tissue decomposes - darkened area @ root and dark striations no post mortem band

Go ahead to figure 2....JB's discussion about this hair....band is too long to be post mortem banding and ...as far where soft tissue starts and ends much better to use microscope for 3D.....stored in water

This is one 2nd examiner id'd as post mortem....can't really see where soft tissue ends but to really appreciate that you need a microscope - hair changes it is notfully keratonized...follicle protects soft tissue...above that area....soft tissue ...a hair grows it continues to harden...just above where you see that band is where hair completely hardened...where you see band hair has not completely hardened....don't see post mortem band down into root - as it is better protected by follicle

here is hair stored outside from deceased individual....

second - very distinct area where hair is banded.
post mortem banding removed from cadavar in a house....

apparent decomp in root? don't know could just be a dark area in the person's hair...even with a microscope could be an artifact of that persons hair or decomp

multiple hair pictures showing post-mortem banding - 5 cadavars used in this study....some hairs are from same cadavar -

I have to admit I'm very curious about what JB will question this guy about after this is over. :waitasec:

Every witness JB has put on has only stregthened the prosecutions case. Can't he see what he is doing. They would of been better off just not presenting any witnesses and just giving a closing statement. Because to me his ship his sinking and going down fast.
I bet this is why CM wanted to rest after the states case rested, he knew it would sink ICA to mount a defense using the evidence available to them, to bad JB decided to plow ahead, but that's good because Caylee deserves justice.

wftv has these extremely annoying "sims" ads which pop up in the middle of witness testimony, it started yesterday and is so annoying, am just about to give them the flick.

*aughh!* or on wftv when the duracell battery or febreeze commercials come on twice!

All this time i thought JB was playing dirty perhaps he felt bad at getting caught and thought it would be nice to give JA a chance to show the evidence that JB managed to keep out of the states CIC..

WTF is JB doing??? this now once again sounds like the sates CIC not cross of a DT witness...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I dunno - maybe it was "I get my gatorade bottle - you get the powerpoint..."

Perhaps he's another 'hair' expert? Do toupees get post-mortem banding? JB probably wants to waste all our time finding out...

Or is there another Cy Spurling?

Maybe I am kinda dumb, but who is Cy Spurling?

You can def see the differences in the post mortem hairs

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
This is a hair I found in pants, this is a hair that liked to dance, this is a hair that fell on floor, this is the hair that makes me snore

Can't grab screen shots today but I have seen ICA shoot flaming eye daggers at JA at least twice now. First time was when he was talking about the hair that was in the trunk of a car.

Flaming. Eye. Daggers.

ITA. . .I missed that screen shot, but I captured some daggers for JB.

Attachments

• irritated with JB.png
    irritated with JB.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 84
All this time i thought JB was playing dirty perhaps he felt bad at getting caught and thought it would be nice to give JA a chance to show the evidence that JB managed to keep out of the states CIC..

WTF is JB doing??? this now once again sounds like the sates CIC not cross of a DT witness...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Can you imagine what the first attorney representing her in her first appeal attempt will think when going back through the trial. Baez has allowed the state to strengthen their case every day this week, just when we thought the defense would call a witness to strength CA's credibility.

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
This is a hair I found in pants, this is a hair that liked to dance, this is a hair that fell on floor, this is the hair that makes me snore

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

HLN is saying CA is expected to testify today. They say this information was from a "source". I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member