Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Others living in the Baseline 158 apartments told FOX 12 off-camera that Schubert allegedly lived just down the hall from Jubane, and had been acting strangely over the past week.
According to an arrest document, Schubert is a white man with blonde hair and blue eyes. He weighs 230 lbs. and stands 6′3″ tall.

I wonder what he was doing that neighbors flagged as acting strangely?

Here is the link to follow the case. All lawyer, prosecutor, judge and document details will be available after his arraignment. Mondays are busy days for arraignments from the arrests on the weekends. Arraignments happen in segments, 8am, 1pm and 4pm.

Is he not in the system yet? I ask because I'm only coming up with a different guy (middle initial C, or Cambell). I'm searching correctly, I think:

Schubert, Bryce

I even tried Schubert, Bryce Johnathan

and nothing. Thanks.

Is he not in the system yet? I ask because I'm only coming up with a different guy (middle initial C, or Cambell). I'm searching correctly, I think:

Schubert, Bryce

I even tried Schubert, Bryce Johnathan

and nothing. Thanks.
He'll be in tomorrow on the court link I sent. He is just registered in the jail system as now

I thought the same looked some stuff up.

Maybe it was more a crime of passion or opportunity for the perp as opposed to one where he had planned out her death, days in advance? In other words, he didn't go to sleep that night planning on killing her the next day. Events ended up occurring that caused him to kill her. The idea behind the distinction between 1st and 2nd degree murder is that, while the killing was still intentional and wrong, it may not have been the result of a deliberate, calculated decision to take another person's life. Instead, it may have been a spontaneous or impulsive act, driven by strong emotions or unexpected circumstances.

There are still so many missing details, but the charge of 2nd degree is a bit of a clue of the general nature of the crime.
It's common for an initial charge to be changed/upgraded after the arrest as they gather evidence. I'm positive it was premeditated as it appears he must have been stalking her based on the little we know so far.

I wonder what he was doing that neighbors flagged as acting strangely?
It's amazing how quickly people understand the rhythms and behaviors of neighbors--when they go to work, when they walk the dog, who works from home, etc. etc. Safe to say neighbors noticed him acting out of character. Nice to know even if we don't "know" our neighbors, they are aware and watching out for us.

It's common for an initial charge to be changed/upgraded after the arrest as they gather evidence. I'm positive it was premeditated as it appears he must have been stalking her based on the little we know so far.
Yes and unfortunately his past, JMO, will come out. I don't think potential stalking/ obsessions in this case is his first rodeo in regards to his character traits. IMO

I thought the same looked some stuff up.

Maybe it was more a crime of passion or opportunity for the perp as opposed to one where he had planned out her death, days in advance? In other words, he didn't go to sleep that night planning on killing her the next day. Events ended up occurring that caused him to kill her. The idea behind the distinction between 1st and 2nd degree murder is that, while the killing was still intentional and wrong, it may not have been the result of a deliberate, calculated decision to take another person's life. Instead, it may have been a spontaneous or impulsive act, driven by strong emotions or unexpected circumstances.

There are still so many missing details, but the charge of 2nd degree is a bit of a clue of the general nature of the crime.

That’s always a question. His SM might be a clue. If he was gaming violent games, visiting certain sites (you don’t even need Tor browser for it nowadays), or uttered something indicating that he was dreaming of doing it, then even not contemplating still = first degree. JMO. If he suddenly got psychotic and paranoid, thought she was a devil and attacked, then, it would be not premeditated. I think he didn’t have a specific prepared tool for the murder and didn’t know what to do with the body and that would point to absence of premeditation. But still, he didn’t attack security guys in the front, but chose a small woman within a convenient slot of time, so to me it shows some premeditation … Also, if he ought to have been on meds and got off them and got psychotic, IMHO, it was also his responsibility.

I suspect much lodges on his GF’s interview. If she said that he was never violent, never stalked anyone, that there were no clues and suddenly he got not normal, that would point to absence of premeditation. Interestingly, when I saw his photo at graduation, I thought that he probably had prior girlfriends, so, not a typical loner. But I also thought he had own imaginary world.

One also wonders if it was triggered by known self-medication products in abundance on the streets of Portland nowadays. I hope LE took his u/a and maybe hair samples, too.

Last edited:
That’s always a question. His SM might be a clue. If he was gaming violent games, visiting certain sites (you don’t even need Tor browser for it nowadays), or uttered something indicating that he was dreaming of doing it, then even not contemplating still = first degree. JMO. If he suddenly got psychotic and paranoid, thought she was a devil and attacked, then, it would be not premeditated. I think he didn’t have a specific prepared tool for the murder and didn’t know what to do with the body and that would point to absence of premeditation. But still, he didn’t attack security guys in the front, but chose a small woman within a convenient slot of time, so to me it shows some premeditation … Also, if he ought to have been on meds and got off them and got psychotic, IMHO, it was also his responsibility.

I suspect much lodges on his GF’s interview. If she said that he was never violent, never stalked anyone, that there were no clues and suddenly he got not normal, that would point to absence of premeditation. Interestingly, when I saw his photo at graduation, I thought that he probably had prior girlfriends, so, not a typical loner. But I also thought he had own imaginary world.

One also wonders if it was triggered by known self-medication products in abundance on the streets of Portland nowadays. I hope LE took his u/an and maybe hair samples, too.
JMO, I think it's more of who he is in relationships and the character traits will come out from the people he hung out with in a social and work settings. Brace yourself, because more will come out from his work setting and I'm speculating that he gave his 2 week notice at work and his personal file will be under scrutiny. JMO

Seems the Oregon Nurses Association is hosting a Vigil & Remembrance event tomorrow (Sep 9) at 6:00 pm at Ridgewood View Park to honor the life of Melissa. I think she was so highly regarded by her colleagues! :(

They suggest guests bring a single rose to leave. View attachment 529864

The nurses that worked with Melissa appear really great people. One thing, for Melissa’s beloved ones, there are so many things to do, the funerals, the court, that it may be oddly distracting, which is good. The worst will happen when everything is over and they will have to return to living in the world without their beloved one, and feel this gaping void daily. Seeing how caring these nurses are, I hope they’ll find a way to stay in contact with her husband, families and friends even when all is over and finished.

JMO, I think it's more of who he is in relationships and the character traits will come out from the people he hung out with in a social and work settings. Brace yourself, because more will come out from his work setting and I'm speculating that he gave his 2 week notice at work and his personal file will be under scrutiny. JMO
Isn't he a nurse? I wonder if he picked that profession because he would have access to women without needing social skills to attract them - they would be his coworkers. Speculation.

jmo

The nurses that worked with Melissa appear really great people. One thing, for Melissa’s beloved ones, there are so many things to do, the funerals, the court, that it may be oddly distracting, which is good. The worst will happen when everything is over and they will have to return to living in the world without their beloved one, and feel this gaping void daily. Seeing how caring these nurses are, I hope they’ll find a way to stay in contact with her husband, families and friends even when all is over and finished.
Nurses like firefighters and police stick by their work families. Melissa was well loved.

Isn't he a nurse? I wonder if he picked that profession because he would have access to women without needing social skills to attract them - they would be his coworkers. Speculation.

jmo
He is. Worked in an OR setting. His high school experience in a social setting will come out, IMO.

I can’t imagine her coming back to a body in the apartment though…
JMO, whatever happened, it was done quickly and I don't think Melissa was found in his apartment. Waterhouse trail lines are very close to this apartment. A bunch of trails with a forestry area with long stretches of power lines. I use to meet up with my friends there all the time to run with our fur babies.

I can’t imagine her coming back to a body in the apartment though…
Could she have gone on a trip? Or otherwise left him alone? Maybe if they split or she was going to be gone for a while, he decided that was an opportunity of some kind.

If he was stalking Melissa and acting strangely after her marriage, they may have had a fight of some kind or she left for a few days because he was acting weird and she felt unsafe.

jmo
Just my suspicion - he (family) wanted him to have a stable profession with potentially good future, maybe medical school would be too long/hard, but a nursing track has many ways to even upgrade, and nurses are much needed. He probably had some strong sides for it (e.g, good dexterity), but personality-wise, was not fit for this job at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333
Back