2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else catch Eiglarsh last night (I believe it was on Dr. Drew) saying there was a Texas case where the defense lawyer fell asleep and the conviction was NOT overturned.......they said he didn't fall asleep at critical points of the trial. I know I've heard of a case where the lawyer fell asleep during trial, not sure if it's the same case he referred to.

I heard this too. What I latched onto was when they said KC is entitled to council- whether that council is "good" or not is not a factor. She's not entitled to a "rock star."

Now we are going to go back through the slide show

I am not sure I can sit through JB going through all the state's evidence with Dr. Vass AGAIN today. Nor do I think the jurors will appreciate it.

Hair in garbage? Really, Mr Baez? :floorlaugh:

Oh dear. Is that the best Baez can do? He asked this witness if any of the hairs were in garbage? :banghead:

... or perhaps hew as so lazy he truly didn't go over the information previously, and after he was forced to look at it he narrow mindedly only saw the parts he wanted to use for himself without thought for what doors it would open for the State. IMO.

Kind of like an amateur chess player, he is rashly making a "move" of his pawn without realizing that it leaves a knight or bishop vulnerable on the next move?

I'm a paralegal in Jax, and attempted to stay away from the search for the missing Caylee, suspicion of Casey, investigation, etc. Once the trial started, I only viewed things from the trial, trying to keep myself as objective as possible. After Tuesday's testimony, I'm done with objectivity. I wasn't aware of a lot of the information out there (cell phone pings/records, other depos) until I started looking. I can't decide (and my 2 bosses are split on the issue) if JB is actively trying to come across as ineffective counsel (once he realized the state's case) or if he actually thinks he's doing well, and then JA gets up and foils his plan (in which case it's comically sad). My one boss is convinced that it must be the latter, as in his words, "Opposing lawyers are often sure that it's some diabolical, evil genius plan that they've cooked up. That's rarely the case. Most of the time, it's someone who thought they were smarter than they really are, and you wound up spending way too much time worrying and anticipating their next move, when in reality, they didn't even know what their next move was going to be until it happened."

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
This is a hair I found in pants, this is a hair that liked to dance, this is a hair that fell on floor, this is the hair that makes me snore

Magpie is cracking me up today.

JB: Were any hairs stored in a acar that could be similar to or taken for postmortem banding?
No.
The hairs from the trunk, did you put them in garbage? Did you have any that were in garbage?
No.
All the hairs from living people have the number of days before they were selected, right?
That's right.
But all the slides from post-mortem individuals don't have any dates, is that correct?
That's right. It wasn't put on the slides themselves.
Let's talk about these for a second. For example, this hair that was outside a house on the ground, how long has it been there?
Let me look at my notes for a second ...

This is just sad that jose would ask if the hair was in garbage. Was Caylee in the garbage? The hair was found on the upper left corner of the trunk liner, seems to me as she was being put in the trunk or removed the hair escaped from the bag. Mo

Hair stored outdoors in a shaded area...decomp found at root end, but it was not post-mortem banding. Banding must occur just above the root. In this case, the root itself appears to be decomposing. Subtle differences only a trained expert could recognize.

You are an awesome mock juror! You get everything! Is there any way we can do a bait and switch w/juror #4? I've been gauging the trial through your posts and they would be lucky to have you as a juror.

if i was on the jury and had any doubt, the state just proved that the hair recovered from Casey's car was from a deceased Caylee.

Yesterday JB said that they would tell the court this Friday when they expect to wrap it up. Then State is going to do rebuttal, and JP said they need to know when Defense will wrap up so they can prepare for that. So far all of Defense testimony has been forensics, they still have lots of witnesses to bring in, judging from their defense list. State saved some of their witnesses for Rebuttal, so who knows how long this will take. I believe early this week JP said this would go another 2 weeks, from how things were going. I think we have at least another week, at minimum, before Jury gets to deliberate.

It appears Baez will drag his CIC out for as long as he can. I can only guess the State has some big rebuttal case on the horizon....

I have minor surgery scheduled for today, this afternoon. And if CA is put on the stand during my surgery I'll scream!!!

I sure hope the judge has something nice planned for the 4th of July for jurors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela