2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: did Logan ever write a report or depo to THIS level of science?

JA so strangled him by calling his expert ability in JUST tox! :floorlaugh:

JA: Objection and move to strike.

HHJP: Sustained.

I'm dying! :floorlaugh:

Gawd send all the other witness home for this week, we'll never get past this point.

I think it's hysterical that JA isn't even sitting all the way back in his chair. He's perched on the edge because he has to keep standing up and objecting. I keep waiting for DS to just lose it and scream "I KNOW. I KNOW. SUSTAINED!!!)
I love how that visualizes in my head, btw the witness looks annoyed.

She should probably let JA look at her notes so he can pick out questions for her

She should probably prepare better. She might be doing what JB wanted to do but she isn't on thin ice with the judge, yet. JMO

we are watching some very very good “lawyering’ and some very mediocre ‘lawyering’ here

This is actually very entertaining

If the evidence regarding the odor of decomposition in the trunk did not compel the conclusion that Caylee's dead body was in the trunk, the hair expert's testimony this morning is. Caylee's hair found in the trunk had root banding, and he convinced me that the only way that could have happened is if Caylee was dead when the hair became unattached from her head.

That's a very big deal. We don't know all the particulars of the defense theory of the case, but from the fact that they're spending so much time challenging the root banding and decomposition smell evidence, we have to infer that the defense denies that the dead body was in the trunk. But the defense knows what happened. If the prosecution theory is false, and Casey did not cause the child's death, why wouldn't the defense tell us the truth?

My cats have begun to meow at this line of questioning. Not a good sign. lol

This could have been an important witness for the defense but so far Sims has screwed it up like nothing I've ever seen before.

I agree.

I suspect she didn't anticipate any objections & troubleshoot her responses based on the SA's objections. Overconfidence on her part, IMO. Big mistake.

This isn't meant for you dog.gone.cute but just a general statement. I can't stand to look at pictures of Caylee, they break my heart and especially when I'm listening to the defense.

Really? I just sent ChasingHalo's a message that I am loving the reminder in the midst of all the BS I need to be brought back to why I am here. Keep 'em coming CH!

Sorry they upset you SD, maybe not open them. :blowkiss:

IMO, the jury is checked out. I think they've been checked out at least since the week began and if that's the case, the DT has no hope (what little they had before). They have been there long enough, away from their families, having to sit through mindless testimony that makes an economics lecture seem like the most interesting thing of all time.

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
Ok, you people need to stop talking about "somebody's" hair style. We can hear you!!! #caseyanthony #caseyanthonytrial

State crime-lab chief to resign
Barry Logan, the embattled chief of the state Crime Laboratory, will step down in March.
By Jennifer Sullivan
Seattle Times staff reporter

Originally published February 15, 2008 at 12:00 AM | Page modified February 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM

"The embattled director of the State Patrol crime labs has resigned, accepting responsibility for allegations of sloppy work and fraud that jeopardized more than 100 DUI breath-test results in the past year."

and

"Logan's resignation comes just two weeks after a panel of King County judges ruled that the state toxicology lab — one of the two labs overseen by Logan — engaged in "fraudulent and scientifically unacceptable" practices while preparing and analyzing breath tests used to prosecute suspected drunken drivers. The judges called for the suppression of the tests and laid much of the blame on Logan, finding he bore "a good deal of the responsibility for [the lab's] shortcomings.""

There is much more. I don't understand why this guy is testifying about anything.

Can Ashton bring this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member