2011.06.24. HLN - 'In Session' News Coverage - Caylee Anthony Case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who is that <modsnip> that just said the defense's forensics were beating up the state's forensics? He and I are not watching the same trial. Dude, one of the experts didn't make it past fifteen minutes! Rodrigues not only lied about being a co-founder of the Body Farm, he also didn't get permission to testify in a civilian trial. #unemployed
Not to mention, Drs Spitz and Bock had no business on that witness stand. And Dr. Wise clowned Baez by refusing to say Dr Vass was not a chemist. SMH @ these TH!

I thought the EXACT same thing when I heard this!!!

Speaking of Scott Peterson, here's what Wikipedia has for why the jurors convicted him of first degree murder and gave him the DP (sound familiar?):

In later press appearances, members of the jury stated that they felt that Peterson's demeanor&#8212;specifically, his lack of emotion, and the phone calls to Amber Frey in the days following Laci's disappearance&#8212;indicated that he was guilty. They based their verdict on "hundreds of small 'puzzle pieces' of circumstantial evidence that came out during the trial, from the location of Laci Peterson's body to the myriad lies her husband told after her disappearance." They also decided on the death penalty because they felt Peterson betrayed his responsibility to protect his wife and son

NG

Asking what happened to the defense calling KH and RK. Guest Sheryl McCollum saying what needs to be focused on is the chloroform, hair with a death band and that leads to murder and not an accident. This is the worst case of hiding a body the guest has ever seen; driving around with it in the car! NG bringing up that LA said a stain was in the car trunk when he bought it. Expert guest saying the stain could've been extracted from the car trunk to determine what it is; doesn't believe it was thoroughly analyzed.

BBM This is what Mark NeJame keeps saying too.

Thanks! Wow, that's quite some bloating. I'm sure she had to buy (or her mom bought for her) the dressy wardrobe for that wedding too and her size would have been pretty different. Cindy standing beside her did NOT know her daughter was preggo? Amazing. Maybe Cindy was just lying about not knowing about it since she is quite the liar herself.

There is a different reality in Cindy's world and she was not willing to admit to the actual reality ... So everyone just played along. ICA learned the game from CA but had no boundaries.

I think that is what frustrated LA that he was always asked to just play along with the lie. GA was more used to it but got frustrated at times.

It was hard for LA to play along with the pregnant lie but the Caylee is Alive lie and ICA did nothing wrong is the straw that broke LA. How far could this go with CA ... It went to the absolute extreme both with the murder of Caylee and the prosecution of ICA for premeditated murder.

Mind numbing.

I just turned the tv on....does anyone know why LP said that RK would mess it up for both the DT and SA

Because he has issues and will bring up more questions than answers. But he won't help the DT as much as they need him to.

BBM This is what Mark NeJame keeps saying too.

Agree. What seems to be getting lost in this latest testimony is that chloroform is no longer used in the medical community and CA as a registered nurse wouldn't have been confusing it with chlorophyll....even if the dogs were actually sick. Let alone what would be a legitimate reason for Casey to use it on Caylee? I do believe NG's guest made a very good point tonight.

MOO

With respect,

I hardly think playing doctor with your sister into your manhood would qualify as innocent curiosity.

ETA: I am not speculating on what Lee did or didn't do.

But wasn't she saying she was 12 or 13 when she 'THINKS' it MIGHT HAVE happened? She THINKS he may have pulled up her sports bra in the middle of the night/

I was raped for years by my uncle when I was little and both my kids are still alive and breathing. Believe me, I WISH the only memories I had were vague ones of my sports bra being upended.

I agree that prosecution needs to focus more on chloroform - I think the searches themselves, more than the science that shows the chloroform peak (that to me has been established and it's at the point where if you don't believe it now, you never will).

They'll have a good chance by showing CA was not the one who searched for it (at least not the "how to make chlorAform" search on the 21st - which she's already admitted to) - and by asking CA why she deleted that specific search string on her computer. In general they can highlight her lies by conclusively proving she was lying about her time cards, then drilling her with other things she said that are likely lies.

Is Dr. Drew a repeat? I swear it seems as though I watched this already this week.

Coverage on HLN is making me insane tonight. I do not feel like today was a great day for the DT! How about the fact that LA was impeached on the witness stand and therefore the jury will disregard his ENTIRE testimony; how about that the SA got CA to say Caylee could not open the door, was very obedient, said her work records were right for the June dates but was adamant yesterday that they makes mistakes on them, The SA got a witness thrown out b/c he was not advancing the theory of defense and stopped CA from talking about how her marriage was back then? And this was just the tip of the iceberg.
The best is when LDB got CA to admit her daughter never told her that Caylee drowned in the pool on accident and told them it was the nanny?
Gosh, I could go on and on.
So what if they showed pictures of Caylee holding the handle of the sliding glass door and of Caylee getting into the pool? Does that show drowning?? Are these the same TH's that say that the SA did not prove ICA had anything to do with the death of Caylee b/c GA might have had keys to the car of death or they have no pictures of ICA holding the duct tape, yet we are supposed to make the leap from some pics of Caylee swimming that she might have drowned??? Puleease!
OK I am done and feel better.

:applause:

Maybe I can go to bed early... I live on the west coast, and this getting up at 5:30 a.m. is killing me!

Coverage on HLN is making me insane tonight. I do not feel like today was a great day for the DT! How about the fact that LA was impeached on the witness stand and therefore the jury will disregard his ENTIRE testimony; how about that the SA got CA to say Caylee could not open the door, was very obedient, said her work records were right for the June dates but was adamant yesterday that they makes mistakes on them, The SA got a witness thrown out b/c he was not advancing the theory of defense and stopped CA from talking about how her marriage was back then? And this was just the tip of the iceberg.
The best is when LDB got CA to admit her daughter never told her that Caylee drowned in the pool on accident and told them it was the nanny?
Gosh, I could go on and on.
So what if they showed pictures of Caylee holding the handle of the sliding glass door and of Caylee getting into the pool? Does that show drowning?? Are these the same TH's that say that the SA did not prove ICA had anything to do with the death of Caylee b/c GA might have had keys to the car of death or they have no pictures of ICA holding the duct tape, yet we are supposed to make the leap from some pics of Caylee swimming that she might have drowned??? Puleease!
OK I am done and feel better.

Agree, I don't think the defense had a very good day either. I don't think anyone on the jury has doubts that LA is sad. So what. I don't think anyone doubts that Cindy can help Caylee get in and out of the pool. Who cares? I don't think anyone cares about whether or not Cindy remembers the shorts. What difference does it make, really? Most of all, it shouldn't make a difference whether or not Lee was invited to the shower as to whether or not Caylee was murdered. None of it yesterday, has any bearing, on anything! Wish I was on the jury. JMO. As always, I feel for the Anthony's, I do. I feel for those parents, that hasn't changed an iota since all this started. But their keep showing me how weird their family is makes no difference as to accident vs. murder. Sorry.

Jean C. just reported that multiple deputies are aggressively working to clear out the entire 23rd floor and the courtroom.

hhhmmmm.......................... aggressively? Jean C's word or truth?

OMG. LKB suggesting witness tampering with Rodriguez????

ETA: Yeah. More proof I need a break.

And she repeats that he's co-founder of the body farm. 6/25/11.

Good grief what a screaming meme motormouth.

LKB just said on HLN that rodriguez IS a co-founder of the Body Farm

Can we call in to this program?

Is LKB saying operating 'under a cloud' meaning walking on eggshells to make sure you don't do anything else wrong for fear of contempt charges??? And THIS is how JB continues to act while he's 'under a cloud'??????????? Wow. She is a piece of work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back