2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, why would CA lie about KC's due date? What's the purpose? I don't get it.

IIRC the testimony about Caylee being premature came up in a long winded response to a question that had nothing to do with Casey's due date. It was a question about when the baby shower was - whether it was before or after Caylee was born. She threw that in today that Caylee was premature and Casey was actually due in September. As far as I know, today is the first day that has ever been said. IMO

Now - as to why she would lie about that? Who knows? That whole family lies so freely and without hesitation that I'd wonder if the day of the week was actually what they said it is. Someone said (I think it was Leonard Padilla) that Casey lies about things when she doesn't even need to lie. I suspect it is genetic and runs rampant in that household. IMO

CA testified to finding out about the pregnancy when ICA was seven months pregnant, during CA's first testimony for the prosecution. I do recall that. Hopefully, we'll have some sanity tomorrow, but I really doubt it.

:eek:fftobed:

Thanks! Now I don't feel so compelled to go look that up. I was pretty sure that is what she had said.

They lie about everything and there's never a good reason; then, it snowballs...

And probably for the first time in any of their lives, a higher authority is calling them out on them and Cindy is livid about it. The nerve! IMO:twocents:

MarkNeJame
Day's end #josebaez filed a Motion to Dismiss the entire #caseyanthony case based on #jeffashton misconduct. Absurd but he has to keep cool.

Well, if CA was going to lie for KC today about anything, she should have said she may have forgotten to take the pool down. She didn't do that though. She seems pretty sure she took the ladder off the pool.

I don't think Cindy will ever take responsibility for that ladder being up. That makes her responsible for Caylee's accidental drowning (per their story) and true or not, she will NOT have anything like that thought about her in the general public. IMO

Her brother's LE interview was very telling about how she was all about outward appearances which were often much more pristine than their actual lives behind closed doors. At least that's the impression I got when I read his interview. Very telling and insightful about Cindy. IMO

About the Hawk, and the Eagle story above---we had the exact same experience with a beautiful hummingbird. My beautiful, loving Grandmother died, leaving a large family of grieving children and grandchildren. Grandma had a huge love for hummingbirds and always had full feeders in her garden, where she watched them from her kitchen window. She was always collecting hummingbird figures and pictures and paintings. Even when she was too ill to leave the house, she insisted upon putting her comfy chair in the kitchen so she could watch her many hummingbirds that she fed with several feeders.
You guessed it. At the funeral, when it was just the family at the burial site, and she was being lowered into the ground, a gorgeous hummingbird came and buzzed us, and then nearly sat upon the coffin. It was hovering for the longest time, inches above . We were all shocked because it was so odd to see. The cemetery worker said he had never ever noticed a hummingbird there before, and certainly never had one buzz the crowd.
It filled me with so much peace because we KNEW she was home and at peace herself.

That's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing.

MarkNeJame
Day's end #josebaez filed a Motion to Dismiss the entire #caseyanthony case based on #jeffashton misconduct. Absurd but he has to keep cool.

Well..perhaps HHJP can tell his clerk he is busy with an important trial right now. He'll have to wait and have that motion heard once this trial is finished.:innocent:

But seriously - Baez is completely off his rocker. With all his shenanigans in this trial, he is now going to accuse Jeff Ashton of misconduct? Really, Baez?

IMO

I don't think Cindy will ever take responsibility for that ladder being up. That makes her responsible for Caylee's accidental drowning (per their story) and true or not, she will NOT have anything like that thought about her in the general public. IMO

Her brother's LE interview was very telling about how she was all about outward appearances which were often much more pristine than their actual lives behind closed doors. At least that's the impression I got when I read his interview. Very telling and insightful about Cindy. IMO

Well, it shows that CA won't lie that much for her daughter....it seems like many people think she would do anything or say anything for KC but she won't.

Well, if CA was going to lie for KC today about anything, she should have said she may have forgotten to take the pool down. She didn't do that though. She seems pretty sure she took the ladder off the pool.

But what she testified to today was that she saw that the pool ladder was left up on june 16 .And that the side gate was open.So were to assume that Caylee got outside, climbed the ladder, and fell in the pool.

Well, it shows that CA won't lie that much for her daughter....it seems like many people think she would do anything or say anything for KC but she won't.

True. She does have her limits that she stays within. Notice the chloroform search revelation. She copped to searching for chloroform but stopped at that. She would not say she searched for "how to make chloroform" no matter how many times she was asked. She was adamant she did not type those words.

But what she testified to today was that she saw that the pool ladder was left up on june 16 .And that the side gate was open.So were to assume that Caylee got outside, climbed the ladder, and fell in the pool.

Or she would have us believe some other nefarious non-family member sneaked back there to use their pool and left the ladder up. Who knows what we are to make of her seeing the ladder up and she probably doesn't care. She has done her work by saying she saw it up. IMO

Does anyone understand how the jury votes for either murder or manslaughter? I don't understand what happens. If one juror disagrees with the jury then its a hung jury, right? If they all agree on manslaughter, its manslaugter? If they all agree on murder its murder? What if its 6 for murder and 6 for manslaughter? What if its 5 for murder and 7 for manslaughter? It doesn't go by a majority at all I thought. How would they arrive at a verdict unless they agree on everything?

I understand that. I just am saying that Ca will go only so far in her lies for KC.

I honestly think Lee broke down because he knew THEY wanted him to propogate the lie that Casey was abused by George... I think they wanted him to say that he didn't go because he was afraid it was George's baby. I think he broke down because he just could NOT go along with the lies and by not going along with the lies, he was sealing Casey's fate with the needle.

Way behind on reading all the posts, so forgive if someone already mentioned this.......I think Lee was upset w/ his sister b/c he was disappointed that she allowed herself to get pregnant. In his mind, IMO, she was ruining her future. He thought she could have made something of herself, maybe have a good career ( I know---crazy thought). Instead, she went a different route and perhaps her "oddness" was also starting to manifest. So I think he was just disappointed in her and also he might have had concerns not knowing who the father was and ICA not being in a serious relationship with someone who could help raise the baby.

IIRC the testimony about Caylee being premature came up in a long winded response to a question that had nothing to do with Casey's due date. It was a question about when the baby shower was - whether it was before or after Caylee was born. She threw that in today that Caylee was premature and Casey was actually due in September. As far as I know, today is the first day that has ever been said. IMO

Now - as to why she would lie about that? Who knows? That whole family lies so freely and without hesitation that I'd wonder if the day of the week was actually what they said it is. Someone said (I think it was Leonard Padilla) that Casey lies about things when she doesn't even need to lie. I suspect it is genetic and runs rampant in that household. IMO

If I recall correctly, JB said in OS that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He knew all along they would lie for their daughter. The family lies are critcal to his case and they are falling right in line.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Let's all do hand weights and work out a different body part at every side bar. Arms first, then tummy, then squats, then ... whatever else one does if one is especially athletic. lol

Squats? Is Finnell up get? I kept myself amused all through jury selection by doing squats when ever she got up - that and lunges. I expect to be in excellent shape by the time ICA comes up for sentencing.

Except napping during the trial when the DT was up sort of set me back quite a bit...Sidebar anyone?

Does anyone understand how the jury votes for either murder or manslaughter? I don't understand what happens. If one juror disagrees with the jury then its a hung jury, right? If they all agree on manslaughter, its manslaugter? If they all agree on murder its murder? What if its 6 for murder and 6 for manslaughter? What if its 5 for murder and 7 for manslaughter? It doesn't go by a majority at all I thought. How would they arrive at a verdict unless they agree on everything?

They all have to deliberate and come to a mutual agreement. Usually they begin by taking a secret ballot and seeing what the consensus is. If it is half and half, then usually they will all agree to the lesser charge. I don't think it often happens that a majority will be convinced to agree to a more severe charge. But if there is only one or two that want manslaughter, and the rest want aggravated child abuse, then they may possibly convince the minority to vote for a tougher punishment. [ This comes from my experience 40 years ago working for a defense attorney. We used to 'interview' to some of the jurors by questionnaire afterwards to see what happened, for future reference. ] The major thing I learned was that the jury foreman had a lot of power if they wanted it. It is a group dynamic and eventually everyone wants to come to a successful verdict so they can go home.
The most important issue left, imo, is what the judge drafts for the jury instructions. In this fragile of a circumstantial case, his words can make or break the case for either side.

If I recall correctly, JB said in OS that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He knew all along they would lie for their daughter. The family lies are critcal to his case and they are falling right in line.

I am wondering if the way this family is circling the wagons is working against the DT. Baez was saying in the OS that her family was so abusive that she was disconnected, fragile, and all alone. But instead we are seeing an ultra-tight enmeshed family unit. I wonder if that might work better for the state than the defense.

I'm bumping this ....Thanks darcedarce!!!

This is Richard Hornsby's take on why Lee was crying and it's pretty amazing.
The entire interview was really good,but scary,

I'm sorry MissJames - but RH needs to stuff it when he starts making those kinds of assessments.
Lee is so freaking angry at ICA for what she has done both to Caylee and his family he wanted to be able to say she is guilty and I hope you fry her! I hate her, she has gotten her own way all of her life - all she does it manipulate her way into being the centre off attention and look what she did with it - she threw her life away, she threw Caylee away and now she wants to throw her father and me away to save her own damn skin!

But he's torn because of his loyalty to his mother, that he learned as a small child. So he turns it in, and cries instead of screaming.

Let me ask all of you, how many times have you been really really angry at someone - say when you are unfairly accused of doing something wrong or saying something wrong at work, say - and it's not true, and you just want to rip your bosses head off. But instead of saying hey you just go shove it - you burst into tears and can't get out what you are feeling....

Bah - Richard's interview was as stupid as his tweet in court about the Oscar for best performance goes to Lee...he needs to stick to the legal mumbo jumbo - IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust