2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lee covered for Casey all their lives, and she never thought he would not continue to do so, That's why she's the most emotional when he testified. He protected her all her life and she knows that he knows what she did and he can't protect her now.

I have a feeling that when ICA was out in between custody, she mentioned to LA that she might get sent to prison forever by folks "out to get her". He, being big brother, and desperate to find Caylee, may have promised her that he would do anything to make sure that did not happen. This may be the promise he mentioned at Caylee's memorial, and why he is willing to lie for ICA on the stand. Let's hope LA realizes tonight that lying is perjury, and you should never, ever help a psychopath, even a sibling psychopath. The best thing is to get out of the psychopath's orbit. Prison is the best place for ICA on "several counts".
:giggle:

My brother is three years younger than me. I had my first child at 20. He was the second person to hold my daughter the night she was born - before my daughter's own father. He was a starting basketball player on his state-winning team and missed a game to try to be present at her birth. He didn't make it because of a bad storm and a small tornado between my hometown and my current place of residence.

I don't think it's odd that Lee wanted to be present. Especially if he is as close to Casey an he seems to be. My brother and I are close and I think it is because we come from a dysfunctional family.

My brother was the Casey of my family. He isn't a psychopath, and only slightly narcissistic, and he was the "golden child" of the family. He was handed everything on a silver platter while I had to work for everything I had.

All this just to say I believe that Lee being upset that he wasn't "invited" to Caylee's birth doesn't necessarily have sinister undertones. He didn't have to be present in the delivery room, but I'm sure he would love to have been in the waiting room.

I don't think it was sinister I think it's more that he was jealous of the attention she got. Sounds like no matter what she did she was always the center of attention and Lee was slighted. Now she's preg don't know who the father is and Mom and Dad are still fussing over her. So IMO it was more a jealous resentment than being leftout.

Anyone else snort a little when you hear "hung jury" or is that just my inner 12-year-old boy. LOL

Your post just reminded me! During the lunch recess today, Bill Shaeffer was taking calls from listeners. One asked about the possibility of a hung jury. Bill said that would not happen in this case. He cited a case calling it the Allen Law, and said that if the jury came back and said they were a hung jury, the judge would tell them that after all the work both sides have put into this case that's not acceptable, and order them back to deliberations and to return with a verdict.

No crow for you, unless you're sharing, coz, I went back and watched that interlude and I see the same thing!! Baez was trying so hard to get Lee to get his lines right, Ashton was objecting (he knows, He's Got This!) and Jose went running to Mason with his tail between his legs.

Booyah, yes... that's exactly what I saw. Now I gotta see that ToneE thread even though I was crying and leaving. (I'm Pacific time so it's early, yo.)

Your post just reminded me! During the lunch recess today, Bill Shaeffer was taking calls from listeners. One asked about the possibility of a hung jury. Bill said that would not happen in this case. He cited a case calling it the Allen Law, and said that if the jury came back and said they were a hung jury, the judge would tell them that after all the work both sides have put into this case that's not acceptable, and order them back to deliberations and to return with a verdict.

YES!! I was going to post this in the sidebar thread and give credit to you (I was correct in my memory) that you said this!! It was a true breakthrough, aha, phew moment for me. I just forgot in all that had transpired to do it.

Isn't that most relieving?!! AHHHH.

Where it stands in regard to the ladder from what I can tell is Cindy is still sticking with taking the ladder down on Sunday the 15th. When she got home from work on Monday the 16th and let the dogs out the ladder was put up to the pool and the gate was open. Question is who put the ladder up Monday?

I would kindly urge you to not get too drawn into the DT's theatrics. And I would also ask the following:

How does this DT theory explain the duct tape?
:seeya:

aaarrrggg

did anyone see O'Reilly?...was just flipping through channels, and Juan is on tonight with Geraldo....

yes, they went THERE. Geraldo just said that LA sounded like the DADDY of Caylee on the stand today......just paused it and told DH i had posted something earlier on the HLN thread that i thought that was what they were all referring to, but no one said. That is supposedly why LA was so sad.

Mind you, he is NOT the father, but what do Baez and Geraldo care

:maddening:

Another reason I'm proud to say I don't watch O'Reilly. As far as I'm concerned, Geraldo is right below Voldemort on the popularity scale. :razz:
What a sad excuse for a journalist.

And speaking of defense spin, their Minister of Propaganda, Linda Kenney Baden is certainly making the rounds, isn't she? How she claims to be a FORMER member of the defense team and manages keep a straight face, I'll never know. :no:

bbm

Maybe they ALL knew what happened and ICA threatened to get on the stand and say so if things didn't go her way? Its crossed my mind...

Nah. I think they don't want to see their daughter/sister get sentenced to death. They already lost Caylee. They are willing to perjure themselves to help Casey avoid the same fate as Caylee. Sad, the whole thing....ICA has destroyed the entire family. :sigh:

The thing that has bothered me almost as much as the 31 days is the comment ica made to her parents " Don't worry, I didn't tell them anything".........WTH could that possibly mean??? Why wasn't it brought up in court either?

Her Dad's an ex-cop he knows anything you say can and will be used against you. I'm sure he told Casey when she was arrested not to tell them anything. Probally that is what it means. JMO

I have only made it thru 1/2 the trial thread & none of today's sidebar, but I have listened each day of the trial to date. Today was extremely kerfluffling for me. I need time to digest what 'may' have happened. Is there some method to the madness of the DT? Did CM intentionally 'let in' the LE testimony about ICA being put in cuffs for credit card fraud for their own perverse reasons? Was the goal to provide details of family dysfunction, of 'liars & deniers' as as another WSer put it? I need time to digest the testimony of the day.

One thing I do know in my heart is there is a reason for the hawk on the ledge of the 23rd floor. Going OT...

My nephew was murdered @ 19 yrs of age. At his services, his high school English teacher handed my sister an envelope. Inside was an essay, "If you were reincarnated, what would you come back as & why". My sister did not open it for many months, in her grief. My niece, his sister did. As we visited his grave one day, an eagle landed yards from us on another headstone. They are seldom seen in our area, but known to have some nesting places. He was beautiful. My niece proceeded to tell us it was her brother, Michael. It was in that essay. If he were to be reincarnated, he would want to be an eagle so he could look over everyone he loved from above. To protect & care for friends and family. We stopped at my sis's to get that letter. Read it & cried together. When we went back to my mom's house, there he was again. He was in the middle of her block-long driveway. We stopped the car & stared in disbelief. It seemed like a very long time, but was less than a few minutes. We knew it in our hearts it was Michael. He has visited my mom's on Mothers Day when we all gather to plant her flower garden. He has been seen on other holidays as well. Maybe he has been around when we are not paying attention.

That hawk that visits the 23rd floor ledge @ lunchtime gives me hope that everything will be alright. Someone is looking out for Caylee. There will be Justice for Caylee.

This whole topic is giving me the shivers because there is a "tradition" of signs in my family (involving birds) as well. When my Mom was teenager a blackbird crashed into the window of their home. My gradmom (her mother) said, "Someone close has died". A few days later they recieved a letter from the 'old country' that my grandmoms sister had died. When I was on my way (in labor) to the hosptal, my mother called me and said, "Is she born yet?" I said "What?", and she proceeded to tell me that a red cardinal had circled around and generally made itself very prominent in her yard that morning and she took it as a sign. I believe in signs. I don't necessarily look for them but I am open to acknowledge them if they make themselves known.

I would kindly urge you to not get too drawn into the DT's theatrics. And I would also ask the following:

How does this DT theory explain the duct tape?

It doesn't.
Just mentally sifting thru the testimony vs depo's for the 'liars & deniers' as another WSer described the A's.

What's killing me is that I want to believe that the A's are a normal grieving family, and want to excuse their behavior, but every time one of them takes the stand what stands out to me is that they are willing to lie and misdirect but never enough to really take the blame or look bad. They seem to want control and to help KC, but not enough to look bad! CA seems to keep driving home how careful she was and guarded and a perfect grandma like she's more concerned about how she's percieved than anything else. I'm not saying she should lie, but I think she has lied about plenty of things, but she could just as easily lie and make it look like she was neglectful, but she won't. She still wants to be seen as perfect.

Now you see what this case is all about.
ICA LOATHES her. That is why Caylee is dead.

But he testified he did not go and talk to the Defense before his testimony.

But perhaps he CALLED. In law, every single word counts. Did you see how carefully JB phrased (and rephrased) that question to LA? :maddening:

Another reason I'm proud to say I don't watch O'Reilly. As far as I'm concerned, Geraldo is right below Voldemort on the popularity scale. :razz:
What a sad excuse for a journalist.

And speaking of defense spin, their Minister of Propaganda, Linda Kenney Baden is certainly making the rounds, isn't she? How she claims to be a FORMER member of the defense team and manages keep a straight face, I'll never know. :no:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't think it was sinister I think it's more that he was jealous of the attention she got. Sounds like no matter what she did she was always the center of attention and Lee was slighted. Now she's preg don't know who the father is and Mom and Dad are still fussing over her. So IMO it was more a jealous resentment than being leftout.

IIRC, Lee had VERY bad acne as a teen. And he may have been taking some strong acne meds as well. [ I am wondering if he took that medication which ended up making some teens suicidal/homicidal.] In Cindy's first depo which I just read, posted in another thread, she alludes to Lee having had severe depression and some mystery medical issues, as a teen. Cindy even says she 'should' have gotten him some 'help.' Which is funny because of the way things have turned out. In her depo she raved about Casey, and kind of passed Lee off as average. ODD, imo.

Anyhow, growing up,Lee was sad and depressed, with terrible skin. Casey was bubbly, cute, and very social and was the spoiled baby of the family. I think there might have been some sibling rivalry issues for Lee.

HIs 'story' of not knowing what was going on with the nursery, when his room was only a couple of feet away ? Are we supposed to believe that?

Sheesh! IDK what's up but I've tried to post a (quote) reply and it's much longer than 5 characters but it keeps saying it's too short and won't allow post...

Sheesh! IDK what's up but I've tried to post a (quote) reply and it's much longer than 5 characters but it keeps saying it's too short and won't allow post...

Tht has happened to me before. Look and make sure that what you wrote is NOT inside the [Q]--[/Q] markers. If it is, you will get that message.

In some ways Lee crying could hurt the defense. Here is this man, uncle, crying for his lost niece...yet her own mother didn't.

Here is Casey crying watching her brother get upset...yet she wasn't at all upset during those 31 days. Where was her love for Caylee.

Just another way some could see the emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties