2011.06.24 TRIAL Day Twenty-seven (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10:29 - No jury

HHJBP - I've reviewed the Matao (sp) case - a 2006 decision of the Second District Court of Appeals dealing with the issue of the theory of defense. Mr. Baez, your theory was that this was an accidental drowning that your client's behavior subsequent to the drowning was caused by long term sexual abuse of ICA at the hands of her father and brother. Correct?

JB -Among other things.

Among other thinks like what? Because that's the only thing you said in your opening statement. I've reviewed the case and those cited within it and all of these things - the Matao case had to do with issues of police retaliating. In Matao the state had agreed to stip to a tape - where the witness who was going to predicate the tape became ill and couldn't show up, so the state semi-reneged on their promise and interjected and objection of relevancy. As long as the evidence is relevant and admissible - so what is your theory of defense, because you cannot use the broad blanket of theory of defense to get anything and everything in. The only thing I can base it on is what you said in your opening statement. That's why I admitted the photos of Caylee climbing up the steps into the pool, Now if your theory is every changing, maybe you just simply need to tell me your theory.

CM - May we approach the sidebar your Honor?

HHJBP - Yes.

SIDEBAR# 5 (10:30-

HHJP: Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your theory of defense was that this was an accidental drowning that your client's behavior subsequent to the drowning was caused by long-term sexual abuse by the hand of her father and brother, well among other things, that's the only thing you've said in your OS. ... I can only go by what you said in your opening statement. That's why I admitted the photos of the victim, Caylee Anthony, entering in the swimming pool If your theory ever changes, maybe you need to tell me what your theory of defense is ... someone try to explain it to me...

WOW!

Another sidebar.

OMG - this is too funny - Somebody needs to explain to me your theory of Defense. Well Judge it is sexual abuse and drowning, among other things.

HHJP clearly thinks no way are you doing this DT. Somebody better tell me something good pretty fast here....

what is your theory of defense? Oh boy JB getting spanked deservedly yet again

Is there any significance to LA being in the courtroom today? A united front? Wants to hear for himself what JB and ICA have been saying? Want to see how far his mother will go to protect ICA?

Why today? :waitasec:

LA is in the court room

Baez ....... "That, among other things." Huh? Clue us in ...... oh, AND, the Court!!!

I'm not buyin that - that kid looks 5 and is taller and skinnier than Caylee was. I call BS big time.

I don't think it's her either. I wouldn't put it past the DT and CA to stage the picture. I hope the SA can prove Caylee's height from her autopsy and then go back and measure that door. That kid looks way too tall. It does look like a 5 year old.

Oh how I wish to be a fly on the wall...

HHJP: "... I guess somebody better just tell me what your defense is!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member