2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ThinkTank
excellent analysis!
I agree
It matches with what I saw LDBurdick and Mr. George do yesterday at the end of the day. I've never seen LDB soooooo angry! She stomped over to the defense table and leaned into Mason's face and said something, while Baez, the Inmate, Sims, and Fryer looked stunned, and Mr. George followed behind, then LDB stomped back to the Defense table. This was at the same time that Ashton walked over to the defense table and slapped down the yellow paper in front of Baez [probably with the supervisor's name of Dr. Wm Rodriguez with the DoD].

Looks like Mason was trying to be the peacemaker today, to put out whatever fire got ignited yesterday. We know that the Defense filed a Motion to Dismiss claiming prosecutorial misconduct.
Maybe Mason offered to withdraw that nonsense if the prosecutors will go easier on Baez with the motions for sanctions?

BBM really. I knew there was another motion filed but I did not know it was pros misconduct. On TV last night I heard LKB say the defense filed something against DOD, and I thought she said for intimidating a witness. Was that really against the SA? yikes.:banghead:

Probably were those accusations written in the Motion to Dismiss that the Defense brought out in open court [not filed with the Clerk - yet]. Tony Pipitone reporter announced the Motion to Dismiss on local news yesterday.

Mason and Baez told the Judge that they did not know if it is really a regulation of the DoD to not allow their employees to testify without getting permission first, saying they did not know if what Ashton said about receiving the phone call was true. Ashton told Baez if they wanted to file something, to "bring it on!" and Baez retaliated with "we will!".

I thought the same thing but there is more to it. Before this CM was yelling at the DT when they were in back with KC. When the PT is going in back with the DT, JB does not want it on the record but JA insists. CM motioned to DS to keep KC away. DS gets the female DT to take her in another room so KC cannot read the transcript on DS laptop. The two female junior DT's are reading the laptop. Their reaction looks like something big is going on and they do not look happy. Every time the door opens where KC is, the 2 female DT's jump apart and look at door like they don't want KC to hear what they are saying. The other male DT looks nervous. While this is going on, CA reads a text and looks up at GA with clear surprise on her face. GA looks at it and says OMG. CA gets up and leaves. When KC enters the courtroom she throws her hands up in the air like she's angry. DS closes her laptop so KC can not read it. JB enters first then CM. CM looks sick (I don't mean physically). HHJP keeps his cool until he steps down to talk to the jury. He's walking fast and not looking happy. When he returns he walks past KC but does not look at her. She openly smirks at him and leans forward to watch him. Looks to me like she's thinking "Got cha" All this leads me to think the DT just found out about some incriminating evidence against KC and are accusing JG of hiding it.

JG or JB?

BBM really. I knew there was another motion filed but I did not know it was pros misconduct. On TV last night I heard LKB say the defense filed something against DOD, and I thought she said for intimidating a witness. Was that really against the SA? yikes.:banghead:

I wouldn't worry to much its just the DT blowing alot smoke :twocents:

Good Luck with Jose Baez filing anything against the DOD. The DOD will eat Baez alive. JA said that he was told by the DOD Captain that there are regulations which had not been followed. The defense released the witness. Now all of a sudden there is a problem? I doubt it. Baez knows he is facing a major issue at the end of trial with contempt issues. This is smoke and mirrors and defense games IMO. The prosecutor an officer of the court stood up and stated for the record what happened. Now let the defense prove it didn't. Again Baez is playing for the court of public opinion. He wants a jury leak he is trying to hard to get this stuff out there by LKB and Geraldo.

I think the problem was that Mr. Rodriguez was representing himself as an expert working for the DOD and all major companies have strick rules about using the company name without getting permission first. There are many legal issues involved. For Mr. Rodriguez to present himself as a representative of the DOD who is there on his own time is incorrect. He's lucky he was not fired on the spot.

It's like sending out a personal message to someone on company stationary. Ouch. A big no no. SA did not have to intimidate the man I'm sure that job was done by Mr. Rodriguez' boss. jmo

I agree. Casey was with Mason. She was with another female attorney in that cell. She then came out flailing her arms. She did not look at Baez. Something has happened on the DT. Either Casey wants on the stand and they are recommending that she not. CM would know that it would not be in his client's best interest. He would tell the court and make sure the judge addresses the issue. Baez I don't have much faith in.

Whatever happened this morning I believe is Casey Anthony having one of her melt-downs and the defense team having to reel her back in. Too much drama. She appeared to be upset with Baez. Maybe she decided her defense was ineffective. But Casey was the leader of whatever happened in my opinion. She was just being the same as she has been all along. All about Casey.

I've watched today's proceedings twice and don't see Casey flailing her arms or looking upset. Where are you seeing this?

Mock Juror may retire for the evening only. OK I will give you Sunday off too. But Mock Juror must be in place on Monday morning or she will not be earning her mock $30/day. :seeya:

Well, I do need to buy some mock groceries, so...okay. ;)

I thought the same thing but there is more to it. Before this CM was yelling at the DT when they were in back with KC. When the PT is going in back with the DT, JB does not want it on the record but JA insists. CM motioned to DS to keep KC away. DS gets the female DT to take her in another room so KC cannot read the transcript on DS laptop. The two female junior DT's are reading the laptop. Their reaction looks like something big is going on and they do not look happy. Every time the door opens where KC is, the 2 female DT's jump apart and look at door like they don't want KC to hear what they are saying. The other male DT looks nervous. While this is going on, CA reads a text and looks up at GA with clear surprise on her face. GA looks at it and says OMG. CA gets up and leaves. When KC enters the courtroom she throws her hands up in the air like she's angry. DS closes her laptop so KC can not read it. JB enters first then CM. CM looks sick (I don't mean physically). HHJP keeps his cool until he steps down to talk to the jury. He's walking fast and not looking happy. When he returns he walks past KC but does not look at her. She openly smirks at him and leans forward to watch him. Looks to me like she's thinking "Got cha" All this leads me to think the DT just found out about some incriminating evidence against KC and are accusing JG of hiding it.
Okay...who is JG?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28355538/detail.html

'Legal Issue' Ends Casey Anthony Trial Day 28 Early
Casey Anthony, 25, Charged With 1st-Degree Murder
POSTED: Saturday, June 25, 2011

As court concluded on Friday, Baez accused Ashton of prosecutorial misconduct and asked for a mistrial.

Baez accused Ashton of calling defense witness Robert Rodriguez's supervisor at the Department of Defense, prompting Rodriguez to be told he would lose his job if he testified. Ashton said Rodriguez's supervisor contacted him, and both sides agreed to let Rodriguez go home.

In a nutshell... what the heck happened today? I had my conceal & carry class, which I left for at 7:15 a.m., and didn't get back in until almost 12 hours later after class & range qualifications. No testimony at all today? What the heck?!?!?!? This is getting crazier by the day. I feel so bad for the jury! They've given up almost a month of their lives and counting so far... this is crazy!

"Prosecutorial misconduct" HA! This is just a childish attempt at payback for all those contempt hearing JB has lined up after this trial. Loser.

Hold on guys...I'll settle this thing once and for all.

*looks deep into teacup, studies leaves*

I see... a pale rider on a dark horse...he is riding up to an enormous gate, masked in fog...it is...it is...dang. Lord Of The Rings rerun.

:floorlaugh:

But seriously, I vote CM is on his way out. ;)

The judge said that he would issue an order (Monday, I think) outlining how he expects closing arguments to proceed. I got the impression that he is only going to allow one attorney on each team to present. Not sure about rebuttal though.

I got the impression he did not care if two of them split the closing, as long as they used the same amount of time. He will probably just say 'tell me how much time you expect to need', and then hold each side to roughly that same amount. When Baez complained about having the state using two attorneys in closing, it seemed like Judge Perry said 'so what?'

Maybe Casey isn't waiting to be convicted before she rolls the bus over Baez.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28355538/detail.html

Now if you look at the WESH video from today you see a court officer on a cell phone. He is speaking to someone I might assume out behind the Casey Door. Next thing you know all of the lawyers file out back.

Casey with her arms flailing yesterday and today tells me that she is upset about something and acting out. I think she is so delusional that she feels if she takes the stand she can get herself off. I really do.

:tyou::tyou: This is a good recap of this morning's "drama" ...

And yes, ICA does look upset, or her "usual self" ... she was "absolutely" mad about something ...

hmmm ... to have been a fly on the wall back there ...

In rewatching today's events, I believe that ICA and the DT are accusing the PT of doing something improper. I believe they are still trying for a mistrial and are focusing on something FG did.

Watch the part when CM comes out of the first meeting with JP and the DT.

CM speaks with JA, LDB and FG but he is only directing his comments to FG.

CM gets very animated and then FG crosses his arms in a defensive posture and then LDB gestures with her hand for him not to comment back to CM.

Look closly as CM is talking to FG, CM is feisty and not sickly.

The PT then wants this on record and gestures to the court reporter to follow them into the other room.

When they finally return at the end of the events FG is not looking or sitting by LDB or JA and is on his cell phone and appears agitated.

I believe that court was recessed so JP could look at all the accusations, further investigate and make a legal ruling before continuing with any testimony. I think he sealed the conversation so that any unfounded accusations won't be on the record.

I think at the very end ICA seems very pleased and I believe CM and JB are not at odds but are still working to throw this trial into a tail spin.

CM enjoys, to paraphrase him, sticking it to the state and so does JB.

I don't think anything so far has divided them.

BBM

The problem is that CM could NOT go and have a PRIVATE meeting with the judge and make an accusation against the state without them being present. It is improper and the judge would not have allowed that. If one side has an accusation to make it has to be done in the presence of BOTH sides.

This judge is too professional to allow something like that. It would not happen, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member