2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The explanation is in Bill Schaeffer's analysis at WFTV.com. I posted this yesterday. I can't believe you all are still trying to figure it out.
:banghead:

Need tylenol for that head banging? :floorlaugh: Just because another TH said this or that means nothing. I heart Bill S., but all he is doing is what we are all doing.....SPECULATING.

Ayup, but what if........they are going to say LA told them that everyone thought he was the father and then he wouldn't say it in court?

But here again is another example. This was a girl who was less than chaste by more accounts than her own lips.
As far as I can tell, this suggestion came only from Baez and parroted by Geraldo. Nobody even hinted at this at the beginning of the trial.

Now we are all taking it as a rumour that was on everyone's lips at the time?:banghead:

What did he say? I have no sound on this computer. No disrespect but Bill Shaeffer is guessing just as the rest of us are.

Yes, I respect Bill a great deal and usually read his take on the day's events to get what really happened, but he was pretty vague.

He said:

"Is there a plea in the works? Probably not but that's a possibility. Is Casey Anthony unhappy with one of her attorneys? That's a definite possibility. You saw Jose Baez start in the morning, there was a witness issue - again. And then all of a sudden Cheney Mason came up and approached the bench and they went in the back for almost an hour. And then they stated that Court was over. And then the third one which I've come up with - I've been researching actually this morning. Is it possible that the lawyers are filing ethical requirements? That they've found out that a witness may have, in fact, been less than truthful. And they felt duty bound under the ethics opinions to take it before a Court. Could that have happened? Possibly."

Word for word. I just rewound my DVR.

First of all THANK YOU!!!!

BBM - I think this is probably the most likely scenario given the ex parte meeting and the seal. It may even go more toward some of the atty's and Discovery - changing or re-gearing testimony to fit recent developments in the trial - perhaps there was some kind of unauthorized communication. That and a untruthful witness who's untruthful testimony was known to the DT could really damage any and all members of the DT in serious and long-term ways. He's probably protecting himself, and may well be protecting the youngsters WS LF and MM :twocents:

Here's what I want badly to believe. That LA overheard his parents discussing Cindy's upcoming testimony about the computer searches, her work schedule and the pool ladder - intentionally committing perjury to save ICA's life. That they would go far enough to cast doubt about premeditation as a conscious strategy, and that they'd work with JB to do it.

I hope that LA went to Baez after learning of this info, to tell him he was NOT going to play this game, or to allow the defense to ruin his reputation. That he would tell the truth for Caylee.

I pray that this is why he broke down into tears on the stand Friday (while remembering being left out by CA and ICA, a constant hurtful theme in his life, and now he will be forever separated from them with his actions) and Casey also cried her first real tears, knowing that Lee was turning his back on her for her actions. I believe, as ever, those tears were for herself.

Perhaps yesterdays courtroom surprise was because Lee went to the prosecution and told them what he overheard his parents discussing - knowingly committing perjury and lying in their testimony. Or perhaps he has decided to offer some new evidence in the case against ICA.

I really want Lee to be this person.

What I really really hope is that we don't sit there tomorrow morning with nothing like we did the afternoon Baez took off from jury selection and we speculated he'd been fired or something.
But I see I have now lost 3.5 hours this morning on Baez's mistruths, so best I get on with my day and see you all here later.

But here again is another example. This was a girl who was less than chaste by more accounts than her own lips.
As far as I can tell, this suggestion came only from Baez and parroted by Geraldo. Nobody even hinted at this at the beginning of the trial.

Now we are all taking it as a rumour that was on everyone's lips at the time?:banghead:

While tis true no one hinted at it at the beginning, I think what we have in front of us is the "ever changing magical defense tour". LA said he went to see JB what last week? Perhaps that's when version 758590403 was hatched and LA didn't follow through while on the stand, but possibly "put it in writing" of some sort at the law office of Jose Baezzzzzzzzzzz. Heck who knows, I'm thinking with a "hungover"......:floorlaugh:

I didn't know Casey tried to have Jose removed from her case in April?

Originated - agreed. But now Baez insinuates it. I need proof. If someone can offer any actual fact - I'm content to say I'm wrong...but coming from either of them? No.

bbm

Looking back at it now I don't know why I was so STUNNED to hear the OS from Baez..I knew ICA had told JG&TL about Lee & she told her jail BFF the same but also she "thinks" GA may have done something too..So why was I not prepared even knowing GA was gonna be thrown under the bus before the trial began?

I bet my house Baez read the LE interview transcripts of JG&TL & that's how he came up with this BS! He then told ICA to be sure to say something to Robyn about it & include George! I'm sure ICA was more then happy to go along with the 'plan' since she already knew from Baez her dad had said lots of incriminating things about her to LE/FBI..And that he was the #1 witness at the GJ hearing..She wanted payback BAD! Well, she got it by humiliating the hell out of him in front of millions of ppl..She has to be gloating his reputation is forever tainted by this vile LIE!..Lee's is too but I don't rule out she may care a smidge about that..In her warped mind she probably thinks he will forgive&forget..From his meltdown the other day right outside the courtroom it looks like that ain't gonna happen..Nor should it if Lee has any sense at all..I have no clue right now how GA feels about all of this but time will tell..If he backs away in any way from his firm 'denial' next week we should have a good idea.

If any of the jurors believe a word of this CRAP I'll be so pissed! :banghead:

The explanation is in Bill Schaeffer's analysis at WFTV.com. I posted this yesterday. I can't believe you all are still trying to figure it out.
:banghead:

I listened to Bill's analysis a number of times but I'm missing it :waitasec:. Please explain.

Ok ... I had a thought about CA's testimony about doing the computer searches..

She claimed she did them on March 17th.. March 17th was a MONDAY in 2008.

In her testimony the first time she was up she discussed ica not being able to leave caylee with her on mondays... THis is How that first testimony about mondays went down..
--------------------------------
LDB: you testified you left for work on june 16th 2008 and worked a normal shift?

CA: for a monday yes

LDB: did you talk to Casey at all on June 16th?

CA: through out the day we left messages, as far as speaking with her I think we had a brief convo in the late after noon fourish maybe lasted a few seconds.

LDB: include her plans for that day?

CA: she was going to spend the night as zanny's she knew she couldn't drop Caylee off at work with me...but on mondays are difficult I have a staff meeting and she told me she was going to take Caylee to zannys and she would crash when she got off work because she had an early day at work and that made sense to me. monday can be a late night depending what was going on but typically out by six on mondays.

BBM
Ok soooo.... mabe they have records of those staff meetings and LDB can get those lol..

CA is not a good liar... I dont think the jury will have any trouble figuring out why she says what she does

Thank you! I've been wanting to mention that but thought it would have been covered and I was late to the discussion!!

Also... would like to add... She worked OVER 40 hours a week at least according to her time card...

CA had a PTO day on Friday, March 14th.... (betcha a dollar the pharmaceutical amnesia card will be played; "Oh, that's right, I had Friday off, not Monday, my bad")

I also think the following dates probably caused tension from ICA wanting to go out with her friends but may have been denied access to a babysitter:

ICA loved St. Pat's: Monday, March 17th
ICA's birthday: Wednesday, March 19th
Friday night (for cryin out loud): Friday, March 21st.....

Just say'in....

I didn't know Casey tried to have Jose removed from her case in April?

She didn't. That was a fake motion filed by a jail inmate in another state. It slipped into the docket and was the catalyst for HHJP to bar any motions filed by anyone except counsel on the record.

Not me. This is just more innuendo that JB is spreading through his contacts in trying to further his OS. Only problem for him is the court of public opinion are not the ones he needs to have buy into this theory - the jury are the ones he should be focussing on. However, running a proper defence does not appear to be JB's strong point - he is after the media attention this is bringing now and once this case is over.

Personally, I have a huge problem with the smear job the DT has done on everyone associated with this case on behalf of their client ICA. :banghead:

:truce:

No. No proof. That's the point. And including what SOTS said - saying it enough times makes it true - no, it doesn't. It may inure it it people's minds, but it doesn't make it true. (That's the danger).

Frankly, saying it enough makes it true is ICAs game -it's really more of saying it enough times to make everyone quit asking about it and move on. It's part and parcel with - "there's a reason... and if you understand my reason (generally only implied so that the recipient's brain does all the damaging fill in the blanks) then it all makes sense or is justifiable." That is also ICAs game along with wait for your listener to fill in the blanks and feed you your next line.

I said it before - JB thinks like a criminal. Whether he adopted his line of thinking from ICA or some evil kismet allowed these two like minds to come together, I don't know. But like ICA JB, "thinks" this is all perfectly allowable and explanatory. But in the end, it's nothing but air.

2 a.m. here, but had to log-in to 'Thank' this post

I agree with you - JB thinks like a criminal. That's my opinion too, based on his MO during the time I've been observing him

A small time, petty crook. A sleaze. A wannabe. A low-brow, low-intelligence (imo)

Just as arsonists are drawn to working for the Fire Dept

Just as bullies and perverts are drawn to working in care-homes and prisons

so are many with criminal tendencies drawn to the legal industry and law enforcement. And JB is one of these, imo. He thinks like a lying, stealing, bullying, sneaky, stupid brat kid (imo) and I hope he has his qualifications and reputation handed to him in a stained paper bag, very soon. He's a disgrace who dirties anyone and anything connected with him (imo). He insults the intelligence of all those compelled to see and hear him

I dont think Cindy nor George should have been allowed to sit in court for the entire trial. This was a big error in judgement if ya ask me. She sits and takes notes she knows everything she goes home and plots her next move, heck the jurors must leave their notes they cant take them with htem at night but Cindy does. I reALLY think they need to be kicked out,

Agreed. The defense opposed their exemption from the rule of sequestration (i.e.,allowing them in the court room) but, strangely, the Prosecution did not. I think that decision (not opposing) has come back to haunt them.

I agree! I think ca being seemingly nice to State on direct and seemingly disgusted with DT on cross (first time she took stand) was all an act to make State feel they had flipped sides - so they could catch them off guard when called by defense.
I think LA was crying because he couldn't say what was planned to help save his sister (he couldn't bring himself to tell the lie and face charges himself) and ICA started crying thinking lee would tell the lie and save her then her tears turned toward herself as he didn't do it.
IMHO, they are all acting and have this in their mind planned down to 'avoid being charged themselves' and help ICA as much as they can. Right down to CA chlorophyll A and B led to chloroform BS.
CA body language spoke volumes to me. Head up (arrogant look she had in Morgan depo) and touching and lip pursing (to stick to the script and not say to much, least she slip up with her jabber jaw tendency) in stark contrast to her 'act' the first time she was on the stand.
I hope the state points out to the jury that they can believe most of ca first testimony as there is 911 calls, depo's and media interviews to back up what she testified to then - and that she knew she had to tell them the truth on those aspects of the case, but that she is a mother in fear of losing her daughter and that they might want to consider that when looking at other aspects of her testimony that seem far fetched for a nurse -- looking up alcohol , hydrogen peroxide, etc. She needs to point out that on certain items - cindy is very specific and crystal clear on her memory (youtube video) yet on pertinent facts that would not help her daughter her memory is fuzzy.
Anything else I want to say would probably get me banned, so I will go back to reading all you guys with self control!

Oh and as a parting note --------> cindy and team are NO MATCH FOR LINDA AND JEFF and team, IMHO.
Caylee must get justice! I hope this cap shot from yesterday foreshadows the result to come. One head held high, one hangs with guilt.
day2813.jpg

I think he was meant to say I was Angry with my Dad because I thought he was the father, thats why I didn't go to the hospital And he couldn't do it so he started to tear up while they were at the side bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79