2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope that what some have reported Geraldo to have said about Jose telling him it was no big deal and court will carry on Monday as if nothing had happened is not true...can't imagine not knowing what this was all about, after 48 hours of head-scratching, speculating, guessing and throwing stuff at the wall...

It's hard to have any faith in a Geraldo quote especially when he's speaking for his buddy Baez. I just hope we have an actual court day on Monday with witnesses, even if it means not knowing what all the hoopla was about on Saturday. I want this to be over so bad, it's affecting me and my hubby says I've been irritable and grumpy the past week. Can't imagine why.:banghead:

I think he was meant to say I was Angry with my Dad because I thought he was the father, thats why I didn't go to the hospital And he couldn't do it so he started to tear up while they were at the side bar

Yes that or ICA told mom that I was the dad and mom believed it. But he couldn't do it. Thus his tears and the change in ICA tears. JMHO.

Not looking forward to that (KC taking the stand) having watched her performances during her police questioning and in the court. Not at all looking forward to her verbal tsunami and endless preening & expectation that all she utters should be accepted as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but ...
Oh I do. I salivate at the idea. LDB will eat her alive, as would Ashton.

It's like NeJame and I are sharing a brain!

A psychiatrist can't testify to the allegations of abuse as being fact. They can only testify to the fact ICA said she was abused.

Don't we just love Baez's "big secret" reference? This comes from Baez! What if there is no "big secret"? It just amazes me how we accept insinuations from Baez as "truth" - I don't get it at all...:waitasec:

Hey but don't forget that Baez himself during the no-jury questioning of Tony L asked "what was the BIG SECRET that KC confided in you?" and we heard straight from Tony that it was a whole lot of nothing. Lee "almost" molested her but didn't succeed and George disciplined her harshly. Even to a guy who was at the time "in love" with KC, who would have had every reason to go ballistic at the thought that these two other men that she *still lives with* were either hitting or molesting her - even to her own boyfriend it didn't sound like a big deal.

I guess that's why Baez never went there with TL.

It's hard to have any faith in a Geraldo quote especially when he's speaking for his buddy Baez. I just hope we have an actual court day on Monday with witnesses, even if it means not knowing what all the hoopla was about on Saturday. I want this to be over so bad, it's affecting me and my hubby says I've been irritable and grumpy the past week. Can't imagine why.:banghead:

Me too! I am stressed out which isn't normal for me. I feel irritated and angry. I want it done so I can forget about these people, but I can;t just stop watching until it is. Wish I could.

We are forgetting that George may still get on the stand and admit to everything..No need for ICA to testify if that happens !:nuts:

A psychiatrist can't testify to the allegations of abuse as being fact. They can only testify to the fact ICA said she was abused.

No, I know that. I find it telling that there's no psychiatrists claiming that childhood traumas left Casey messed up.

I think he was meant to say I was Angry with my Dad because I thought he was the father, thats why I didn't go to the hospital And he couldn't do it so he started to tear up while they were at the side bar

Every time I hear this 'father' biz whether it's Lee or GA it makes my skin crawl..I honestly don't get how NS (FBI) arrived at this possibility=ruling them out with DNA testing..Was it done cos of the 'sex abuse' claims made by ICA to a few ppl, the father has always been a mystery, & it appeared her pregnancy was some kind of secret? Most likely but I haven't seen any claims that points to the supposed 'sex abuse' going beyond her early teens so to me it's a giant leap that I wish NS never made! He really is the one to blame for allowing this to even become an issue..It also defies logic from everything we know about ICA's later yrs..It's pretty clear by 18 she ruled that house, not the other way around!

those are the rules of our system. You can disclose in limited circumstances to prevent a crime or fraud but nothing post crime. But, if the lawyer knows the truth he cannot let someone testify if he knows they will be lying. I'm not a FL lawyer but this appears to be the relevant FL rule:

RULE 4-3.3 CANDOR TOWARD THE TRIBUNAL
(a) False Evidence; Duty to Disclose. A lawyer shall not knowingly:
(1) make a false statement of material fact or law to a tribunal;
(2) fail to disclose a material fact to a tribunal when disclosure is necessary to avoid assisting a criminal or fraudulent act by the client;
(3) fail to disclose to the tribunal legal authority in the controlling jurisdiction
known to the lawyer to be directly adverse to the position of the client and not disclosed by opposing counsel; or
(4) permit any witness, including a criminal defendant, to offer testimony or other evidence that the lawyer knows to be false. A lawyer may not offer testimony that the lawyer knows to be false in the form of a narrative unless so ordered by the tribunal. If a lawyer has offered material evidence and thereafter comes to know of its falsity, the lawyer shall take reasonable remedial measures.

I think the defense knows the truth.. I believe they know exactly what happened to Caylee. I posted a few weeks ago if they were obligated to tell what happened IF they knew. I recieved and answer that due to confidental with attorney/client they do not have to tell any facts of what really happened.. only the defense they come up with.. that doesnt seem legal to me.. if they have information about a crime it sould be reported.

I came on here to check if there was any new information regarding yesterday. I guess not. All I can say is it was pertaining to CM and KC. I can only imagine KC fired CM and probably at the advise of Jose. If Jose is now saying things will go on as normal start Monday then KC may have changed her mind and they will all be sitting there as if nothing happened and not a word will be said about the debacle.

No, I know that. I find it telling that there's no psychiatrists claiming that childhood traumas left Casey messed up.

And no doctors or medical records showing a history of depression and/or suicidal tendencies or suicide attempts by ICA. And no school guidance counselor or psychologist coming forward after all these years with a huge file of ICA's history of attempts to report her father and/or brother. And no police reports of ICA calling the police at any time to report her father or Lee. The list goes on and on...

those are the rules of our system. You can disclose in limited circumstances to prevent a crime or fraud but nothing post crime. But, if the lawyer knows the truth he cannot let someone testify if he knows they will be lying. I'm not a FL lawyer but this appears to be the relevant FL rule:

But you can put a defendant on the stand, knowing based on the evidence/your gut that she's lying, but still let them testify right? If they haven't told you they're lying.

Not looking forward to that (KC taking the stand) having watched her performances during her police questioning and in the court. Not at all looking forward to her verbal tsunami and endless preening & expectation that all she utters should be accepted as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but ...

Oh... I would LOVE to see her take the stand. I'm drooling in anticipation. The State will completely pulverize her. They'll make Yuri and Sgt. Allen look like a kittens. In the words of a man totally I admire, I say, "Bring it on." :rocker:

Sorry, their names escape me, but the DT did have two psychiatrists they wanted during this phase of the trial - the original Dr. that examined KC at the very beginning under JS orders and a second one. The SA was taking the deposition of the first Dr. and it was called off in the middle when both the SA and the DT called HHJP about an issue that arose - that Dr. was then withdrawn. The second Dr. was withdrawn shortly thereafter following a closed door session with HHJP, SA, DT and ICA during a hearing.

However, the DT still has two psychiatrists - the second one above and another one - listed on their mitigation witness list, so they may come into play at that time.

ETA - If the DT was going to put on these experts, the SA wanted to have their own expert examine KC. This IMO sent the DT into a bit of a panic and they then withdrew their experts - again, JMO.

We are forgetting that George may still get on the stand and admit to everything..No need for ICA to testify if that happens !:nuts:

If he's been worked-over sufficiently by JB, he may, although GA seems to have a thread of indignation and sense of justice running through his spine, if we take into account his furious demands for people to 'get off his property' (even though, technically, it wasn't his property)

When we observe the way he maintained the family home and vehicles and played the role of devoted grandfather to Caylee, don't we see a man with solid values and priorities ? Will this translate to destroying everything he's tried to build in order to 'save' a woman he must surely by now realise was capable of tossing his grandchild on a trash heap ? What a tragedy if he does, huh ? And if he does, would his life be worth living afterwards ?

Oh... I would LOVE to see her take the stand. I'm drooling in anticipation. The State will completely pulverize her. They'll make Yuri and Sgt. Allen look like a kittens. In the words of a man totally I admire, I say, "Bring it on." :rocker:

That would probably be the only time you ever saw a fight between JA and LDB.

A wrestling match to see who gets to cross her or maybe they would do it tag team. LOL:great:

Sorry, their names escape me, but the DT did have two psychiatrists they wanted during this phase of the trial - the original Dr. that examined KC at the very beginning under JS orders and a second one. The SA was taking the deposition of the first Dr. and it was called off in the middle when both the SA and the DT called HHJP about an issue that arose - that Dr. was then withdrawn. The second Dr. was withdrawn shortly thereafter following a closed door session with HHJP, SA, DT and ICA during a hearing.

However, the DT still has two psychiatrists - the second one above and another one - listed on their mitigation witness list, so they may come into play at that time.

ICA doesn't want any expert saying that she is fine and just did this because "she's a spiteful !$@&#!" She also doesn't want anyone to think she is crazy either...so better just to let them think she is a really good liar. :twocents:

since this is an exception to the rules of privilege it's limited to testimony that the lawyers "knows to be false". Wiggle room for <modsnips> like JB.

But you can put a defendant on the stand, knowing based on the evidence/your gut that she's lying, but still let them testify right? If they haven't told you they're lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi