2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read up yet so I'm not sure what the general speculation is, but I just watched the tape and I'm inclined to think it's that CM is getting out. I have local sources that say that CM may be pretty ill and he certainly didn't look good at the beginning of the session. He was the one that initated the meeting and the first group to meet was the judge and the entire DT including ICA. Then they all came out and CM stood and talked to the SA team in a circle. ICA looked upset when she sat down and briefly wiped her eyes (as if she was frushtrated?) and then they all went back in to meet together, DT and SA together. Then the attorneys stayed in while ICA sat outside with DS. She did not look upset, but she didn't look happy. After the meeting, JB and DS were talking to each other over ICA and ICA leaned back to talk to CM. When court was adjourned, DS went over to talk to JA and LDB right before the footage fades. After the meetings, CM basically looked disengaged in other words. If indeed he is ill and the pace of this trial is proving too much or his doctor told him he cannot continue, it may have thrown a wrench in how the DT will close or even perhaps if and how they maintain their DP qualified status. (On a side note, some TH's were talking this morning about how odd it was that JB, who is not DP qualified, had put in so much mug time when he has perfectly DP qualified attorneys on his team. At the time I thought it was perhaps yet another sleazy ploy for an appeal for a mistrial or could be set by the defendant as an appealable issue later in that the bulk of direct and cross had been done by someone eminently inexperienced. But perhaps it was simply because CM has not felt very well for the last few weeks.) Just a thought. I really didn't get the picture that ICA was entering a plea. And if she were, would she have really sat outside looking mildly upset and bored for the meeting between HHJP and the state and her DT?

Yesterday someone posted the CM's wife had come into the courtroom. Maybe there is something to this CM being not well. :crazy:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/interactive.html

If you look at the end, when the lawyers come out of judge's quarters and just before, Casey looks mighty nervous. When Baez is flashing papers around it looks like the top page is a picture. I can't see of what but it appears to be a copy of a picture.

Anyone want to take a look?

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/interactive.html

To me, it looked like a picture of the pool.

Yesterday someone posted the CM's wife had come into the courtroom. Maybe there is something to this CM being not well. :crazy:
Are Judge Strickland and CM friends? He was there also, wasn't he?

No, she never got a reading at all so no second opinion needed. My husband is a retired fire chief and first responder. He recognized her befuddlement right away. :)

Sounds like the machine was faulty, or she didn't apply the cuff properly? Did she have the stethoscope buds in her ears? If the cuff was too loose, perhaps, then it would not pump up enough to get a reading, was that it?
I cannot imagine a nurse not knowing how to use a manual BP cuff. BUT.....
I once caught a nurse's aid trying to take a patient's pulse without a watch and no clock on the wall. It can't be done.

I'm surprised the HHJP would allow us all to lose a day. He's obviously concerned about the schedule, hence the reason we now go on Saturdays. So what "legal matter" would be so important that HHJP would feel he needed to cancel court for the day?

Exactly my question, too. It must be big. I wonder if there was a report to the judge about collusion with witnesses and DT--misconduct? The judge was staunchly wanting to be in court today; he wouldn't have canceled for something minor. He wants to move this along faster than this.

:rollercoaster::dunno:

Love that dog!! So funny!

How can we get that dog on the jury??

Tink

Really? :) Must be a generational thing, or perhaps a southern colloqualism.... back in "my day" (I'm over 50, and raised in the south) we ALL referred to our parents as our folks. I'm going to dinner w/ my folks, my folks are coming over, etc!

My family is from Virginia, and they all use "folks." I use it, but have been criticised a few times!

OK- if CM is stepping down for whatever reason, could court continue as scheduled on Monday, as JP intimated?

If there is another dp qualified attorney on board (and another WSer has assured me that there is), I don't see why not.

JMO

Eh, I don't believe the jurors were talking. Maybe they saw something funny? Like a picture of the hawk attacking JB?

We have to remember, these people have been locked up, taken in taken out of the court numerous times. They could just be blowing off steam, nothing to do with the trial.

Geraldo headed to Florida with the mission to cause trouble, and if all of this is true in that he is the reason behind the issues of today, then I think it was planned... I truly believe the man intended on inserting himself into this trial to benefit his bff Baez.

Can you explain what happened with GR-Please!

If a plea deal is offered by the state to a defendant does it have to be in open court or is it just between state and defense?

An old wives tale I heard growing up is that dogs are good judges of character and if you meet a man (or woman) that no dog likes, then take the dogs advice on that one.

(ETA: it was "dogs and babies".

Below or above not sure which I indicated I meant to type 30" not 20" I'm sorry for the screw up. I'm trying to type correctly with a cat on my lap.

Boy do I understand that. I'm trying to read and type with a 3 month old puppy on my lap. Sometimes she's so affection and just want to be held and then all of a sudden she wants to play LOL

Ok, I'm going to take a stab at this.

Could Baez be filing a motion to recuse HHJP due to his ruling allowing George, Cindy and Lee to be in the courtroom while the others were testifying? Baez did say he would be filing a motion. Clearly, he did not want them there. I'm not implying anything, but anyone else think it was strange Judge Strictland was in court today.

Or what about the meeting where Baez, CA and Mr. Lippman attended but George was left out of the meeting and perhaps they were changing strategy. Would that be witness tampering. After all, Cindy got up on the witness stand and told a whole lot of "mis-truths!

Or....juror mis-conduct? Maybe word got back to the judge some jurors were discussing the case. The reason I thought that was a possibility because HHJP told the court reporter, come on, we have work to do.

That's my 3 guesses LOL :okay::pullhair::pullhair:

If a plea deal is offered by the state to a defendant does it have to be in open court or is it just between state and defense?

First it has to be agreed to, then written out, then agreed to again, modified if applicable, rewritten, the agreed to yet again, then in Court before the Judge.

Finished the transcription of the argument from yesterday regarding Dr. Rodriguez' jury instruction. It's up top in the witness thread. Happy reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member