2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the delay to due to a plea deal. I think KC decided this morning to take a plea. She was too upset and worried. this recess is because of something that she has decided. After all the talking heads finished last nite..and i am confident she gets to watch tv..the overall concensus is that her family was lying for her. She knows it is over.IMO

But, if she were to accuse CM, they would have to get AF back before continuing, If she gets rid of JB, big deal. He wasn't qualified as first chair anyway.

Either accusation would probably halt court for the day...while investigating any effect it could have on the trial to date. Depends what Casey said happened, or if she claimed she was forced into this defense...i.e.

Could be - I keep remembering how he complained about the hours at jury selection and said he just couldn't handle that. My source is pretty good and knows people who have worked with CM for years. A lot of others who know of his reputation say he just isn't himself the last few months. I think the pace of this has been pretty brutal. I wondered why he left abruptly at 5 the other day. Could be he is fed up with JB and could be he isn't doing well.

Frankly, I've always thought that CM joined at the request of HHJP (they are said to play golf together) to babysit JB and make sure he didn't get too out of control to avoid a mistrial or a boatload of appealable issues (especially after the other attorneys bailed and ICA was declared indigent and it was apparent JB had done nothing but waste her money). In earlier hearings, he would only get up and talk if it was something that directly impacted the defendant's rights and kept out of most of the frivolous motions JB was filing. I have a feeling that it's been a challenge, though. JB is probably a lot like his defendant and her mother. Nobody tells them what to do.

When I jumped online yesterday, I read a post where some were shocked to see Mason eating in court at 5 pm? (I didn't see)

Immediately made me wonder if there is something medical going on...

Personally, I think the judge had enough of this for the week and he saw an OUT for today and he took it.:floorlaugh:

OK, I just watched and I didn't see any crying. Someone said Casey, GA & CA were crying..... Also, there is no way court would be cancelled over some picture of Caylee at the sliding door. imo. There sure is a lot of discussion about that picture, I happen to think it's authentic and would like to know the real reason for today's recess.

You are right. NO ONE was crying today.

Cindy was laughing, talking, just yukking it up with the guy on her left. She did get up and go out for a couple of minutes - but not looking upset or anything. Looked like a potty break. Once she looked over at the closed door and made a little face (quite some time before she went out), and now I wonder if it's because people in the gallery could hear Mason being "bombastic". But again, she went right on back to happily chatting with the guy on her left.

George was talking a little, mostly thinking and honked his nose a couple of times (J Lichtenstein OFTEN tweets that GA blows his nose loudly and startles the gallery)

ICA before she got involved with the conf room dealings was blowing her nose (as everyone else went back). Not crying - just having a good blow as if she has a cold or allergies or something. When she came out the 1st time, she just sat down and stared - looked coldly angry - but was not crying, blowing or wiping - just sitting. When she came out the 2nd time, she threw up her hands, plopped down next to Sims, read the "real time" transcript on the laptop and stared. Did not cry, wipe or blow AT ALL.

THERE WAS NO CRYING IN COURT TODAY PEOPLE.

Watch WESH's feed please - the whole thing - in context.

I agree with this, and the thing that stands out for me aside from that is the size of the feet/shoes. They *seem* much larger than the shoes I have seen from pics of Caylee's rows of shoes.

My MIL dressed my girls like the all.the.time. She loves cute dresses but she cant stand the fact that the kids cant "play" efficiently in sandals. It drives me insane.

And off topic a bit...but I really wish the talking heads would quit harping on that photo of Caylee climbing the ladder or the door pic. I have small children. Of course they can climb ladders and open doors...is that supposed to be some sort of bombshell? I think the jurors are well aware that a 3 year old can do these things. And about Caylees height..my dd just turned 4 and is 44 inches. My dad was 6 ft 6 and my husband is 6ft 3...of course shes tall. We dont even know who Caylees dad was maybe he was a tall guy. But even so I dont see how her height affects any of this. Maybe I am missing something?

***not talking about any sleuthers just media

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I really need to clean my office. I just say this dried up green thing on the floor and was fixin' to freak out and realized it was a dried up pea from yesterday's lunch. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Remember yesterday KC picked up the dummies for lawyer book to show JB something, then she scribble down something, I thought she was a little angry when I saw her either cross something out or underline it repeatedly. I also believe that KC blew her nose because she had cried maybe before coming in the courtroom.

I don't trust JB, CM or ICA....I will say it again, they will do ANYTHING to halt this trial...All three of them may be in on this little episode that took place this morning...don't trust them as far as I can see them...

Sorry to quote myself, but just wanted to add that if my theory is correct, he took the court reporter to the jury room to dismiss the jury on the record so they could go home today and not have to stay in sequester till Monday? Which is why someone heard laughter from the room? In my opinion, DCS talking to JA was because she was trying to see if they should still do the deposition, and they decided to just go forward with it for the record.

If there is mistrial with ANY trial the judge will do it in open court with jury and both of parties, and it would have happened today if your theory is true.. 99.99% is not.. :)

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I really need to clean my office. I just say this dried up green thing on the floor and was fixin' to freak out and realized it was a dried up pea from yesterday's lunch. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
i think photos of what the tops of our desks look at this time would be extremely interesting.

CM had something BIG to tell HHJP no clue as to what that was.
CM doesn't like Saturday work
CM and JB in ICA holding cell/room
CM heard yelling
Defence and Prosecution AGREE on whatever IT is
CM & DT meeting with HHJP alone
CM and ICA don't seem to get along that well
CM I believe wouldn't go along with any extreme monkey business
CM and JB seemed distance after leaving court
CM wife I read was in court I know zero about her or them
CM to me seems to be phoning it in from the start I thought maybe he was just DP Dude
Legal matter not personal
SEALED
LA crying
Anthony's Lawyer suddenly injecting himself into the mix
ICA crying without audience
Many sketchy witnesses being lined up lately

KC talked to her family last night. After seeing LA on the stand and the hurt he was going through she decide to step up and admit to the crime if they could get death off the table or if she could admit to manslaughter. I think they wanted to talk to the judge about a admission their client made to them, but wanted to do it off line because their client may be chaniging their plea to guilty. The judge could ex parte the SA because it would be someone having them admitting to proof of a crime of someone else not involving KC or this case? Maybe a confession that someone helped her? I think they went in the judges chambers to inform the judge of the details. The judge ruled he would allow her to change her plea so the attorneys came out to get the state to see what kind of deal they would be willing to offer her, if any. The state made their deal...KC wanted to talk to her family about so first so they could hear the details from her mouth instead of the media. Out of respect for the famiily, the judge decided to recess court and give her till Monday to inform her family before he announces it publically. He recessed court till Monday. The closed proceeding was the plea on record and her accepting on record. Meanwhile he SA will still take the deposition as planned in case she changes her mind after talking to her family.

MOO, it could be anything! But that is another one of my guesses.

Another take on that is KC wants to change her story but JB won't allow it. CM, on the other hand, is in full favor, but without JB's approval it ain't happening which forces CM to take steps that would enable him to take over the lead. JB's reputation is at stake here, and of course, that's what matters the most to him. GA and CA look a little too calm and collected today for it to be something devastating to KC's case.

No worries - just step over that bit of dog sick in the corner where my dog threw up bile when I was yelling at my computer during the trial the other day. He's a very sensitive guy...

I don't trust JB, CM or ICA....I will say it again, they will do ANYTHING to halt this trial...All three of them may be in on this little episode that took place this morning...don't trust them as far as I can see them...

remember, all week CM was hinting that he has "concerns" for Saturday.. first, he was worried about Jury's needs for eatting......... what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper