2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you guys. All these allegations are just making me very weary. It's highly unlikely that it's a plea deal or anything of that nature. See you all on Monday! Have a restful weekend.

I think CM wants off the case and since he is the dp qualified attorney that will cause a mistrial

Guess the DT figures this would be the only way they get the mistrial granted they have asked for how many times!!!!!

Could it have anything to do with Cindy blurting out the check fraud charges on the stand and now the DT thinks that will have an effect on the jury? And that a curative instruction wouldn't work because a curative instruction to disregard her testimony would hurt the defense?

I am wildly speculating, this is probably WAY off base. Anyone know if this is even a possibility?

The DOD works in a chain command . No way did they get the clearance to inturupt the DR that quick.

And if they did or they right guy saw it ,he cant single handedly make any calls on someones job.

JA said in court that he got a call from a Captain... they had no idea he was testifying and saw him on tv. He never asked permission from ethics to testify or take on this case and it is against DoD rules.

I am sure the company commander consulted with JAG before making the call or the call could have come from a Captain in JAG. Either way, both sides agreed to let the doctor go so as not to place his job in jeopardy.

I can't get the link to open. What did he say? TIA

It doesn't say anything of use, I just provided the link so perhaps others can help watch for the transcripts from yesterday.

It has a little calender on the lower right of the page-- to select the date you want--only goes up to the 23rd, I suppose we will have to wait until Monday for the transcript *gah!*

The judge said that they have a legal issue APART from Dr. Furton (this am's issue) testimony. Then he told clerk to stay - that they had some work to do.

Please tell me this doesn't have to do with Geraldo Rivera.

No attorney can just quit, there will be no plea offered from the State at this stage in the trial.

Anyone have a link the the transcript of the trial yesterday? That would have Ashton's words transcribed (about Rodriquez and the DOD)

MarkNeJame

I'm working on process of elimination as to options as to what happened. Heading to @clickorlando @wkmg now. #caseyanthony Will update soon
2 minutes ago via web

MarkNeJame

"Not likely a jury issue. Court reporter left early. If there was an issue w juror, likely would have been questioned."

53 seconds ago

MarkNeJame

Could be witness tampering allegation, could be threats, issue w a juror, plea, Casey dissatisfaction w her atty. #caseyanthony @HLNTV
less than 20 seconds ago via web

I really like MN but not sure he is cut out to tweet - this is a multiple choice and I would venture to guess that he is an experienced enough attorney to have a more detailed guesstament

I could believe this, but:

1. I have NEVER seen a single pic of Caylee with any other child.

2. I don't think CA would have ever wasted a camera shot on a child that was not Caylee

The pic could have been photoshopped.

MarkNeJame via Twitter, 1 minute ago

"Could be witness tampering allegation, could be threats, issue with a juror, (a) plea, (or) Casey dissatisfaction with her attorney."

I do not think it is a plea. If it was a plea, the SA would have to be involved and they are not at this point...

If the dt went into chambers without the SA and if the discussion is ordered sealed, then it has to deal with ICA. My guess is for some reason she felt she could not be present at the trial today (sickness???) and would not waive her right to be present.

Last time she was 'sick', the judge announced it after dismissing the jury. Why would it be hush hush and sealed this time if it were only that? IMO this is something far more serious.

If Jose put that stuff in JA's hand at 8:40 this morning, a sanction/CoC against JB could be a 'seperate' legal matter. The judge would have HAD IT.

Is there spectulation that the pic of Caylee at the door is not actually Caylee?!

I have a daughter a few days apart from Caylee and she is on the tall side. She is now 5 and she is barely taller than Caylee appears in that picture. I have thought that it could have been staged. But, wouldn't that come out in rebuttal? Bring a witness in to tell the height based on the bones and compare to the picture?:twocents:

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Not likely a jury issue. Court reporter left early. If there was an issue w juror, likely would have been questioned. @HLNTV #caseyanthony
1 minute ago

Just me speculating but maybe the Body farm has filed a legal motion as a result of Dr Rodrigues stating in court, on international TV, that he was a founder of the body farm when in fact he isn't.

I can't see that halting court proceedings, and having HHJP sealing the sidebar, though.

It's something bigger than that. IMO

I'll just bet, George was allegedly holding papers and crying? Casey in and out several times crying, wondering if George did an affidavit saying he was involved in the the disposal of the body (he said he would do anything to protect her) and Mason flipped out? JMO

Can someone explain how JB getting GA to say he would do anything to save his daughter is going to help the defense. I would think that the SA would have GA read that part of the transcript, and have a field day showing he is lying just to save his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay