2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, I would tell my son to go forward, be honest and seek the truth, without fear.

We have each other and we can withstand anything. I never want my son to deny truth, even if it isn't convenient.

If he had the slightest question, we would be there to get the answers, together.

Normally, I would agree with you. The TRUTH is always the answer. But the Anthony family is a force to be reckoned with. They [ mostly Casey] have destroyed many lives already. I would not want to try and take them on. I do not see it as a matter of convenience, but more like a matter of life and death. If they thought they could pin the child's death or the cover up of the death on my son, they would do so. I would not want him to enter into such a high profile ugly situation if he could avoid it. IMOO

I think I have read most of this thread and I did a search but didn't find this mentioned... CM said on Thursday something like he heard that there were logistical issues with feeding the jury on Saturday...? Could that be all it was?

My impression at the time was that CM was saying he had heard from someone else that there could not be extended hours Saturday because there was no way to provide lunch for everyone on Saturday (previously they have ended before lunch on Saturdays). Maybe the cafeteria was closed? I went back and played it again, here's what I hear...starting about 30:05.

JP: Court will be in recess. One last thing, tomorrow you need to tell me, and uh, be prepared, uh, to go to uh, 2:30-3:00, Saturday. We will break at noon for an hour for a short lunch. (pause) Dr. Mason, you look a little bewildered...
CM: Uh, only because I had heard a conversation about a logistical problem (inaudible) with feeding the jury and media and so forth...
JP: Feeding who?
CM: The jury.
JP: (laughs) If there are logistical problems, no one has informed me of any logistical problems. (laughs) Well, I am quite sure if there are any logistical problems they will tell me, if not I will assume there are no problems. We're in recess.

No, the judge clearly said it was a LEGAL matter.

You're right, Countzero, and Mark was actually a person caught in Casey's web, so there was justification for him to cooperate. And as you said, all proper channels were followed. I don't know why other posters can't get it through their heads that if you work for the government in any capacity, feds, state, etc., you must take a loyalty oath to that government entity when you are hired. Then, usually, one of your first assignments will be to read the rules that govern your employment, and explanations for certain things you may not participate in. This Rodriguez, as a private citizen, cannot volunteer or be paid to testify in a defense case he has no involvement in, and that is because he is not now a private citizen. He works for the DOD.

Ok I called and checked and they cannot outright FIRE someone for this. They would have to go though a process.

Search it up.I did call and unless his work record is awful and in a paper trail he wouldnt be in the fire part of the process.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2007/sep/05/mcain-federal/

After hours of reading, watching video and thinking about what happened this morning, I have reached a conclusion. It may not be perfect, but I think it fits.

The DT no longer wants ICA on their team.

After watching this clip, thank you, it appears that ICA is directly involved. It was reported that Baez was with her earlier in her cell. When Court starts, ICA walks in and Baez is NOT happy. It goes downhill from here.

The next clip shows ICA with Medina, then Mason and Baez in the cell w/her. She is brought back to court, she flails her arms as if to say, "I give up".

As soon as she is seated, Mason wants to call a sidebar. They do. Then all attorneys part and look glum. HHJP speaks and they pack up and leave.

BBM: I am thinking the same thing -- that whatever happened on Saturday morning, that ICA is directly invovled ... otherwise, WHY bring her in the back with the attorneys ? She is NOT on the DT like she thinks she is ...

And if it was for a witness, I think Judge Perry would have told the DT to bring on the next witness and take care of all the depos at another time.

I have a "very far-fetched" and "bizarre" idea as to what possibly happened this morning ... :waitasec: EVERYTHING in this case is bizarre ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

I believe that ICA is communicating in some sort of way with Cindy still ... Yes -- I think all this baloney of ICA ignoring Cindy and family is STAGED and SCRIPTED !

Cindy has had way TOO MUCH leeway in the courtroom ... and I am wondering if the "texting" to ICA's attorneys is CA ? The courtroom needs a "Cindy Cam" as well as a "Casey Cam" ... And after Thursday and Friday's "performances" by Cindy, I think she should be BANNED from courtroom because she will be called on to testify again. MOO MOO MOO !

Also, if you look back at the past week or so, ICA has been very busy playing "paralegal" again ... she has been reading computers at the DT table, looking through binders, folders, law books, etc.

What if the Ant's are "slipping" notes to her ?

MAYBE ... JUST SPECULATING HERE ... one of the deputies saw or heard something ?

Wouldn't that be NICE !! I know ... I'm dreaming here ... :crazy:

I know this sounds "FAR FETCHED" but "ABSOLUTELY" NOTHING would surprise me from this bunch ...

MOO

Does anyone know if JA has an angry ex-wife out there somewhere? And was she perhaps a medic for quite some time. ;)

Sorry Mountain Kat but could you please elaborate on your comment? I know of only three medics that post on Websleuths; especially the Caylee Anthony thread. Myself and Geeky Girl are they only two females that post on a regular basis, are you implying that one of us is JA's angry ex-wife?

I know I try and write my posts with my opinions only and never with any disrespect to any of the attorneys or anyone that may be involved in this case. I am on here for one reason only and that is to find JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE, however if I offended you in anyway please let me know, but please do not generalize all "medics" as JA's angry ex-wives......that in my opinion was totally unnecessary.

IMO, Casey wouldn't have been glaring at Ashton if this was something they'd caught him doing "wrong," she would have looked smug. She looked anxious and angry in that clip.

Insomnia... I am wondering, is it illegal for ICA to text someone?
Is it illegal for her to communicate with her parents? Personally, I think it is DEAD wrong, but I have seen her texting, and as a poster recently said, maybe they are slipping her notes. Does the judge care? Sometimes I'm a little slow catching on, but even to me, the Ants DO look as if following a script here. It seems obvious to me!

As far as the Ants being in the courtroom... well, they can watch online as we do, so they would still hear everything! Right?

Thanks for everyone's insight these past weeks. It has been very helpful to me!

Insomnia... I am wondering, is it illegal for ICA to text someone?
Is it illegal for her to communicate with her parents? Personally, I think it is DEAD wrong, but I have seen her texting, and as a poster recently said, maybe they are slipping her notes. Does the judge care? Sometimes I'm a little slow catching on, but even to me, the Ants DO look as if following a script here. It seems obvious to me!

As far as the Ants being in the courtroom... well, they can watch online as we do, so they would still hear everything! Right?

Thanks for everyone's insight these past weeks. It has been very helpful to me!

From the lawyer's thread:

Originally Posted by Black Magic Woman
Attorneys, please tell us if it is normal/acceptable for the defendent to use a laptop during trial. She would have access to wifi which means she could be emailing or instant messaging her parents to try swaying their testimony. Is that OK?

Yes, it is perfectly fine for the defendant to use the laptop, although obviously not OK to be communicating with witnesses and attempting to influence their testimony.

Originally Posted by Black Magic Woman
But who is monitoring what she is doing on the phone?

If she is using a phone, which I haven't seen, probably no one would be monitoring her. There are often plenty of opportunities to violate the rules, and not all violations will be caught or prevented. Right now, everyone is much more worried about the issues being tried than about Casey's potential violation of communication rules.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135704&page=37

My own :twocents:, even if Casey's not communicating directly with her family through texting, we all know Jose Baez has smuggled letters for them in the past. It wouldn't suprise me if he's still going back and forth between them.

Whatever happened on Saturday Mason knew about it before court started, so he went to talk to ICA about it first thing before he spoke about it in open court to Judge Perry, which would be proper. It must be something that Mason learned the previous day which would encompass a "legal issue".

Just throwing this out there and I haven't read back so I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this, but maybe Mason was able to go through the 16 June computer presentation the State supplied a couple of days earlier and realised the defense "drowning" theory was not going to fly.

So Mason has a chat to ICA about it tells her the problem and perhaps decides they need some time to prepare a different strategy, maybe he even asks her to tell him the truth. This kind of ties in with obvious enjoyment that LDB and JA seemed to display before they all went back for a meeting with the Judge.

I missed her name but a female member of the defense team -- at least she kept referring to the defense team as "we" -- was on FOX this morning speculating that there is a mistrial due to the prosecution not turning over discovery on Kronk to the defense. And, of course, that would mean that Casey will walk free.

Baden, Geraldo, and this woman ...... they all have direct lines to the defense and I'm sure they know precisely what is going on. Why are they all throwing out different possibilities?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28355538/detail.html

Now if you look at the WESH video from today you see a court officer on a cell phone. He is speaking to someone I might assume out behind the Casey Door. Next thing you know all of the lawyers file out back.

Casey with her arms flailing yesterday and today tells me that she is upset about something and acting out. I think she is so delusional that she feels if she takes the stand she can get herself off. I really do.

This video shows that at one point Baez, Mason, Casey and Michelle Medina are all in Casey's holding cell discussing something, after that is when Casey comes out and throws her hands in the air in frustration. Totally something dealing with the Defense, IMO

I watched a video of the Defense leaving yesterday and both Baez AND Mason said "See you Monday" to the reporters, so it seems they will both be back on Monday.

Morning all..

Just heard Beth Karas on HLN, finally she hit a home run with me. She was talking about the family and just said "the only people speaking up for Caylee are the three prosecutors sitting at that table"

Yeah Beth, finally saying something that makes sense.

I thought he called MD when he was in the hospital... to wish him a speedy recovery???

... on April 11 that he received a phone call from Judge Strickland when Knechel was sick...

http://www.wftv.com/news/23176556/detail.html?treets=orlc&tml=orlc_break&ts=T&tmi=orlc_break_1

He did call him and also at one point after court proceedings, he has a deputy bring Dave over to the Bench so he could compliment him. There is a video of this. In that case, I didn't blame the defense for questioning this relationship since I believe Dave the blogger is anti-Casey...but from what I've read of legal experts, they believe the Defense would have been better off with Strickland instead of Perry. Perry's rules limit what the Defense can bring into trial, with Strickland they would have gotten away with more of their dirty game playing. Sucks to be them. ha :loser:

I haven't read the entire thread but my guess about what happened yesterday is that after Lee didn't follow the script, ICA is demanding to take the stand and testify to the drowning and molestation. It appears her DT is trying to talk her out of it.

Maybe they needed to end court so the prosecution could take her deposition???

This must be a question for the lawyer thread but would they need take her deposition before ICA could take the stand?

Really well put together by Tony - loved how they caught a shot of ICA and Medina in the holding cell (this is when Medina came and got ICA) then they caught a shot of Mason and Baez in the holding cell, this is might be when Tony heard all the yelling by Mason. Very interesting stuff.

Why do I always get the feeling that something very shady is going on when Medina is around? Something about her really rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3