2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An ex parte judicial proceeding is conducted for the benefit of only one party.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/ex+parte

I'm sure glad that I did not wrap up my yardwork early yesterday for this fiasco!
After trying to read most of this thread and watching some video from WESH, I am of the opinion that the ex parte the DT had with HHJP is because ICA fired either CM or JB or all of them, the last few days have not gone well for the DT and LA's failed bombshell delivery on the stand may have been the last straw for ICA, she was certain that JB would get her family to help, and in her eyes JB failed her, so she fired him and HHJP needed to take statements and sort this out, and in the end he had to let the SA in on it as well.

Of course ICA will not pull one over on HHJP and she is stuck with her motley crew of attorneys, but it did delay the court a bit more which may benefit her since a few jurors needed to be out by July 1st.

24 hours to go. I can hardly wait for tomorrow...

I return to work tomorrow after being out on a medical and being able to watch this trial from day 1.

I know I will be slammed and most likely will not be able to log on during the day but I will sure try.

It will be up to all my WS friends to keep me posted!!!

While we're left with our own speculations as to why court was recessed yesterday morning, I'm going to put my opinion out there. I think it's entirely possible that ICA clashed with her attorneys by wanting to take her road show prime time and testify in her own behalf.

I'm not a big student of the human psyche, but my observations of her lead me to believe that there's no way she could resist wanting to show off her own, self perceived, "hot intellect" on the biggest pole dance stage of her life. I don't give her credit enough to see or understand how her life is, literally, hanging in the balance, but I can readily anticipate her probable reaction to hearing the old "FOOL for a client" speech from Baez and/or Mason.

I think her reaction to their resistance would be exactly what this image is showing us:

CaseyLastThing1.jpg

Another point of validation for my logic would be that I KNOW this next image shows us what the reaction of the prosecution would be in anticipating their cross examination of a witness like her:

JAHappy.jpg

I wonder who the pros were looking at in the second photo. I love Jeff. He's so expressive. :floorlaugh:

It actually does make sense.

Ok I see as far as the cell phone, Cindy texting Baez?

Casey has wayyyyy to much leway in back of the defense table and I think it is very wrong. Yesterday when I re-watched what had happened when Casey finally leaves the courtroom and goes through that door she is all alone, does not even seem to be any sherrif's with her. She does what she wants and that is not how it should be.
And for the world of me I can not figure out WHY?

Since KC is the Defendant, she should have complete leway with respect to the defense. Technically, she could be her own lawyer if she so desired and let's not forget SHE is the one facing the needle.

Since KC is the Defendant, she should have complete leway with respect to the defense. Technically, she could be her own lawyer if she so desired and let's not forget SHE is the one facing the needle.

Yes she could be her own lawyer you are correct. SHE is facing the needle because she murdered her daughter and lied and lied and lied with no regard for anyone or anything which in my eyes includes her DT.

She comes in the holding cell with shackles so she basically is a prisoner awaiting her demise. I just feel once those shackles come off that she think that she is a "free bird". She gives dagger eyes to many in the courtroom including the sherrif's if they are anywhere around her. She is a prisoner, period.

Sorry if I seem abrupt but she really irks me as you can tell.

How can casey be texting anyone when she does not have a cell phone?
Are you talking about Casey & Cindy?

Ya know i thought she had been texting a few times while sitting at the Defense table but i would think she would get caught.

:crossfingers: :prayer: Oh please oh please oh PLEEEEAASE let her fire the whole lot of them and decide to represent herself! :crossfingers: :prayer:

It actually does make sense.

Ok I see as far as the cell phone, Cindy texting Baez?

Casey has wayyyyy to much leway in back of the defense table and I think it is very wrong. Yesterday when I re-watched what had happened when Casey finally leaves the courtroom and goes through that door she is all alone, does not even seem to be any sherrif's with her. She does what she wants and that is not how it should be.
And for the world of me I can not figure out WHY?

I dont think Cindy nor George should have been allowed to sit in court for the entire trial. This was a big error in judgement if ya ask me. She sits and takes notes she knows everything she goes home and plots her next move, heck the jurors must leave their notes they cant take them with htem at night but Cindy does. I reALLY think they need to be kicked out,

:crossfingers: :prayer: Oh please oh please oh PLEEEEAASE let her fire the whole lot of them and decide to represent herself! :crossfingers: :prayer:

OMG would that be a horn party or what!!!!!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I dont think Cindy nor George should have been allowed to sit in court for the entire trial. This was a big error in judgement if ya ask me. She sits and takes notes she knows everything she goes home and plots her next move, heck the jurors must leave their notes they cant take them with htem at night but Cindy does. I reALLY think they need to be kicked out,

At this point yes I agree.

This may be old news to all of you but I missed most of yesterday. I guess we wait...

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
by orlandomicki
NO PLEA DEAL... My pal Jean Casarez spoke with Cheney Mason to confirm! RT to end the speculation! #CaseyAnthony #HLN

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
Whatever the issue is it is "UNDER SEAL" so someone would have to violate a court order and leak the info for us to find out!

http://twitter.com/#!/VinniePolitan

I can't agree with you on this one. GA and CA are the grandparents of Caylee, and the parents of ICA. They have every right to be there, imo. Their daughter's life is on the line here.

I don't think it really matters as they would have just watched it at home just like we do. I know they are not supposed to do it, but come on does anyone really think they would NOT have?

I think that when the DT said they didn't want the A's in the courtroom, it was all an act. jmo

They would've been following online like the rest of us. I don't think it makes a difference whether or not they're sitting in court. Actually, it might be a good thing. If they're caught texting or writing notes to the defendant, they will be thrown out.

Remember, their script was written 3 years ago. Nothing will change. They had to do some minor readjustments because of the abuse allegations but all in all, they're sticking to their plan to save their daughter. Shame on Baez for not following Cindy's script. Now he has some major backpeddling to do.

Wondering why it would matter either way? They can either watch from their court seats or watch live at home. Same advantage.

My theory of what may have been taking place Saturday morning. Just a theory. That JP wants the DT to commit to a theory and stick with the theory that they present. That's why I think that Madame Reporter had work to do.

Mark Nejame will be on MSNBC. According to his FB page he states "working on a new theory". Maybe that's what the defense is up to. Maybe they'll go with a kidnapped theory.

I say give it up:truce:

I think the judge is also disallowing the defense to insinuate that KC was molested by GA and Lee. I think KC has to get on the stand to say that herself. It can't be insinuated or stated by someone else.

I still don't see why this would be sealed up in a behind the scenes meeting tho since Baez already insinuated this in open court. Thats the weird thing about this case is why court was stopped and the meetings sealed from public scrutiny.

I think the hand waving frustrated gesture is because she is not being allowed to put the witnesses on the stand who will say what she thinks will convince the jury there was no duct tape on Caylee's nose and mouth (Dr. Rodriguez was going to talk about the positioning of the duct tape), and that the source of the stench in the trunk of the car was not Caylee's body decompoing (Dr Furton was going to point out the source of the smell due to items in the trunk), and Cindy was not allowed to say that she and George were having marital problems, and then Lee did not say that his parents thought he could be Caylee's father.

The Defense team, and especially the Inmate, really thought they had some good, helpful witnesses in Rodriguez and Furton [and a side bonus of getting Ashton/Mr. George in trouble for some alleged misconduct]. They are frustrated that things are not going as planned. I think the Inmate is angry with her "boy" Baez for not making this happen.

That is an awesome video. And commentary. That was a different (or perhaps just edited and slowed down therefore better than the wesh raw vid I was watching) camera perspective on what happened yesterday.

I was very pleased to see ICA in the holding cell, not sitting at whatever conference table they had in the back with the attorneys and Judge. I still don't have a clue what defense issues are happening, but I now agree after watching that video referenced above that it was nothing good for ICA - and therefore I hope to be pleasantly surprised if/when we learn what happened yesterday.

Okay so here's something else. Jeff Ashton yesterday told a reporter:

Asked whether a plea deal could be put on the table at this point in the trial, Ashton said: "I couldn't talk about that one way or the other. If I give you an answer, I won't be practicing law Monday."

However tweets say that CM did indeed talk about the plea deal rumor, and HE said that there was no plea deal, definitively.

So can CM talk about the lack of a plea deal and Ashton can't because it's CM's client?

Or was Ashton just being very careful and to-the-letter-of-the-law and CM was mouthing off inappropriately about the lack of a plea deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member