2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory of what may have been taking place Saturday morning. Just a theory. That JP wants the DT to commit to a theory and stick with the theory that they present. That's why I think that Madame Reporter had work to do.

IIRC HHJP said 'Madam Clerk, we haven something to do'. I believe that had to do with telling the jury court was canceled for the day. Imo

It was during JA's cross of LA. LA said that he heard his parents discussing something that he thought JB should know. LA called JB and asked to meet so he could give JB this info. LA did not inform the state.

I guess what I'm not clear about or haven't seen enough information on is whether or not Lee was "giving Baez" information ie information that would help ICA or whether he went to Baez to challenge him on some information. We are all assuming this was Lee working in cooperation with the Defense, when for the last three years he hasn't cooperated with either side. He seemed to trust neither and did his own "investigation".

Whatever he said had Baez back off from asking about the abuse allegations at that time, and although Lee was falling apart on the stand, Baez did not seem to be in charge of that testimony at all. IMO He was actually very cautious around Lee, as if to me anyway, he was afraid Lee was going to say something he didn't want him to say.

And I did think JA's ego got in the way while Lee was on the stand. He had some great opportunities there he missed because he was knitpicking about LA even having a conversation with the defense instead of drawing out the circumstances of what and why he talked to Baez.

Mark Nejame will be on MSNBC. According to his FB page he states "working on a new theory". Maybe that's what the defense is up to. Maybe they'll go with a kidnapped theory.

I say give it up:truce:

Hey Gal..

Always a possibility I suppose, but I have to agree with you, give it up!

I can't imagine though they could change much after Baez shooting his mouth off in his insane, outrageous, ridiculous opening, I am quite sure the jurors remember every word he said and are going to hold him to it.

I think the judge is also disallowing the defense to insinuate that KC was molested by GA and Lee. I think KC has to get on the stand to say that herself. It can't be insinuated or stated by someone else.

I still don't see why this would be sealed up in a behind the scenes meeting tho since Baez already insinuated this in open court. Thats the weird thing about this case is why court was stopped and the meetings sealed from public scrutiny.

I kind of disagree with the disallowing of testimony by someone other than ICA. I read that in a news report as well, and all I could think was: JB said it in his opening statement outright, and so it's out there. The State asked George outright: did you molest ICA? And he was allowed to answer that and say No. Then the other day HHJP *denied* the State's objection to Lee answering further questions about his resentment about being excluded from Caylee's birth. HHJP himself turned to Lee after denying that objection and said, "Other than the reason you've already testified to, was there any other reason you were angry?" --- thus giving Lee every opportunity to say that George molested ICA, or Lee thought George was the father, etc. If the Judge was disallowing testimony about molestation, he would have sustained the State's objection ('asked and answered' I think it was) and Lee wouldn't have had the wide open chance to talk about it as an answer to the question. But he did have the chance, given by HHJP - he just didn't take it.

On the other hand, without an eye witness admitting to it (George himself, ICA herself, or someone willing to say they saw it themselves) I'm not sure how that will really work out as a defense. Did ICA's doctors notice signs of sexual abuse, or her teachers at school - that sort of thing hasn't been introduced, and often doctors and teachers are reporters of signs of abuse in children. Essentially, are there any signs at all besides the "ugly coping" (which could be explained by being a sociopath as well) at all that ICA is an abuse victim?

BBM Did Geraldo happen to elaborate? :banghead: ( can't believe I am so curious, I'm stooping to asking what GERALDO said):banghead:

Heh heh - Geraldo's credible source - Dun Dun Dunnn ....is Baez! :floorlaugh:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/ex+parte

I'm sure glad that I did not wrap up my yardwork early yesterday for this fiasco!
After trying to read most of this thread and watching some video from WESH, I am of the opinion that the ex parte the DT had with HHJP is because ICA fired either CM or JB or all of them, the last few days have not gone well for the DT and LA's failed bombshell delivery on the stand may have been the last straw for ICA, she was certain that JB would get her family to help, and in her eyes JB failed her, so she fired him and HHJP needed to take statements and sort this out, and in the end he had to let the SA in on it as well.

Of course ICA will not pull one over on HHJP and she is stuck with her motley crew of attorneys, but it did delay the court a bit more which may benefit her since a few jurors needed to be out by July 1st.

That definition is interesting.

Ex parte contact occurs when an attorney communicates with another party outside the presence of that party's attorney. Ex parte contact also describes a judge who communicates with one party to a lawsuit to the exclusion of the other party or parties, or a judge who initiates discussions about a case with disinterested third parties. Canon 3(A)(4) of the American Bar Association (ABA) Model Code of Judicial Conduct discourages judges from such ex parte communications. Under rule 4.2 of the ABA Model Rules of Professional Responsibility, a lawyer should refrain from contacting a party who the lawyer knows is represented by another attorney, unless the lawyer has the consent of the other attorney or is authorized by law to do so.

this could also have to do with LA talking to JB outside of his attorney. Although, we do not know if LA's attorney was there or not.
Curiouser and curiouser. Thanks for the link.

This may be old news to all of you but I missed most of yesterday. I guess we wait...

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
by orlandomicki
NO PLEA DEAL... My pal Jean Casarez spoke with Cheney Mason to confirm! RT to end the speculation! #CaseyAnthony #HLN

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
Whatever the issue is it is "UNDER SEAL" so someone would have to violate a court order and leak the info for us to find out!

http://twitter.com/#!/VinniePolitan

Right, so how does that work - it's under seal, but the defense can sit around with reporters listing all the things it ISN'T without violating that seal?

I think that when the DT said they didn't want the A's in the courtroom, it was all an act. jmo

I agree! I think ca being seemingly nice to State on direct and seemingly disgusted with DT on cross (first time she took stand) was all an act to make State feel they had flipped sides - so they could catch them off guard when called by defense.
I think LA was crying because he couldn't say what was planned to help save his sister (he couldn't bring himself to tell the lie and face charges himself) and ICA started crying thinking lee would tell the lie and save her then her tears turned toward herself as he didn't do it.
IMHO, they are all acting and have this in their mind planned down to 'avoid being charged themselves' and help ICA as much as they can. Right down to CA chlorophyll A and B led to chloroform BS.
CA body language spoke volumes to me. Head up (arrogant look she had in Morgan depo) and touching and lip pursing (to stick to the script and not say to much, least she slip up with her jabber jaw tendency) in stark contrast to her 'act' the first time she was on the stand.
I hope the state points out to the jury that they can believe most of ca first testimony as there is 911 calls, depo's and media interviews to back up what she testified to then - and that she knew she had to tell them the truth on those aspects of the case, but that she is a mother in fear of losing her daughter and that they might want to consider that when looking at other aspects of her testimony that seem far fetched for a nurse -- looking up alcohol , hydrogen peroxide, etc. She needs to point out that on certain items - cindy is very specific and crystal clear on her memory (youtube video) yet on pertinent facts that would not help her daughter her memory is fuzzy.
Anything else I want to say would probably get me banned, so I will go back to reading all you guys with self control!

Oh and as a parting note --------> cindy and team are NO MATCH FOR LINDA AND JEFF and team, IMHO.
Caylee must get justice! I hope this cap shot from yesterday foreshadows the result to come. One head held high, one hangs with guilt.
day2813.jpg

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ampaign=Feed:+entertainment/tv/tvguy+(TV+Guy)

On “The O’Reilly Factor,” Rivera said that Baez wants to try to establish that Anthony was “so battered down by years of sexual and physical abuse by her brother and by her father that she couldn’t behave rationally. That was the behavior of someone who is in that kind of post-traumatic state.”

Rivera highlighted that Perry wouldn’t let Baez ask about the state of George and Cindy Anthony’s marriage. Baez also felt frustrated about trying to question an emotional Lee Anthony, Casey’s brother, in court yesterday, Rivera said.

Yes. To me it is apparent Lee despises Baez. He did from the start if you remember the jail videos when Lee was telling her she had the right to tell Baez what to do and she could change lawyers because he was only in this for himself not her.

There is no way Lee would go to Baez with helpful information - no way.

Why not? You think Lee hates Baez more than he loves his sister?:waitasec:

I had to leave for eight days. I thought the trial would be over for sure when i got back. I wanted to thank you guys. I followed on my phone until it went dead everyday! haha! I think the jury will see through the Anthonys. I was appalled. The defense just seems to be dragging this on. :seeya:

I think what happened yesterday had everything to do with the Anthony's and their sabotage of the trial. I think the judge uncovered some witness tampering, either by JB or Casey herself. I think Cindy and Co. agreed to lie after someone asked them to and I am thinking that someone was Casey either via note or text or through JB. I think it was going to get worse and that is a huge legal issue, the prosecution believed the A's were their witnesses, both GA and CA testified for the state that first week, then made a complete about face after something happened.

I think that something was illegal.

mo

I don't think it really matters as they would have just watched it at home just like we do. I know they are not supposed to do it, but come on does anyone really think they would NOT have?

I don't think it really matters either. The juror's know they are there and will be suspicious if they change their stories and will know the reason why. I know that's what I would think.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ampaign=Feed:+entertainment/tv/tvguy+(TV+Guy)

On “The O’Reilly Factor,” Rivera said that Baez wants to try to establish that Anthony was “so battered down by years of sexual and physical abuse by her brother and by her father that she couldn’t behave rationally. That was the behavior of someone who is in that kind of post-traumatic state.”

Rivera highlighted that Perry wouldn’t let Baez ask about the state of George and Cindy Anthony’s marriage. Baez also felt frustrated about trying to question an emotional Lee Anthony, Casey’s brother, in court yesterday, Rivera said.

Years of sexual and physical abuse by not one but TWO trusted family members - and there was never a single physical or emotional sign that came through in school or in her medical history? Pah, they couldn't even get TL to say that ICA told him she was molested. She told him LA "almost" felt her breasts but was unsuccessful, and GA disciplined her harshly at times.

HHJP has bent over backwards until he's practically a pretzel in allowing the defense room to work with their theory of abuse and accidental drowning. And if Baez was "frustrated" with questioning Lee, it was not because he didn't have the latitude to ask questions - he did! It's Lee who was not forthcoming. HHJP was open to Lee answering the defense prompt.

When Lee got off the stand Baez appeared to be comforting him. I believe Lee and Mr. Baez have now come to some sort of understanding.

Has anyone seen the sidebar transcripts yet ?? If so could someone post the links.

I think what happened yesterday had everything to do with the Anthony's and their sabotage of the trial. I think the judge uncovered some witness tampering, either by JB or Casey herself. I think Cindy and Co. agreed to lie after someone asked them to and I am thinking that someone was Casey either via note or text or through JB. I think it was going to get worse and that is a huge legal issue, the prosecution believed the A's were their witnesses, both GA and CA testified for the state that first week, then made a complete about face after something happened.

I think that something was illegal.

mo

Good question for a legal expert. Like you said, Lee was a State witness. Is it illegal to go to the other side (the defense) with "information" without letting the State know what that information is? Something that may jeapordize their case? hmmmmmmmm

I don't think it really matters as they would have just watched it at home just like we do. I know they are not supposed to do it, but come on does anyone really think they would NOT have?
But....they wouldnt be able to take note of the jurors reaction to testimonies.

You know what bugs me about that photo? The shoes. I could be wrong and there may be photos that prove me wrong. But I don't believe for a minute that CA or ICA would put Caylee in a cute little dress with those shoes.

I think that every time I see that pic.

Maybe Caylee dressed herself? Three year olds often insist on doing this.

I'm miles behind on this thread trying to make up for missing yesterday so forgive me if this is no longer topical.

I'm trying desperately to make some sense of yesterday's incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem