2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when they first came out with processed cheese products, the real cheese makers wanted them to be forced to call it embalmed.... I think I heard that on modern marvels... of course they went with processed.

Now showing the package, but more importantly letting the Jury smell the trash!!!

ICA is very animated about the trash being shown to the jury.

SIDEBAR #4 (2:34-2:35)

CROSS EXAMINATION OF DR. FURTON BY JA - continued

In his depo he said that all of those things could be caused by a decomposing human body.

OBJECTION - improper impeachment and argumentative - OVERRULED

All of the findings could be explained? There were other compounds indicated in the trunk - gas is one - a decomposing human body along with other compounds could be consistent.

There are compounds present that may not be consistent.

Any other single even or thing that could explain all the findings in the trunk other than a decomposing body? It could be a combination of a non-human body decomposing with other chemicals such as gas or bleach.

All he had available to him was the picture of things in the garbage bag from the trunk. If there was a bag of rotting trash in the trunk, there could be various contributors - decomposing cheese, meat.

There are no peer reviewed articles that have done detailed background studies on these. There is not a strong database of background material.

He agreed that something was decomposing in the trunk. The question is what.

Regarding slide with garbage, he was aware there was no meat in the salami package. He agreed there was not enough there to make an odor strong enough to permeate the trunk - just the package by itself. Velveeta remnants - it's main ingredient is milk and milk fats but not very much cheese. The picture doesn't show much. Let's look at it.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

The Velveeta package odor would be substantially less if it was dry.

Exhibits 20, 21 and 22.

Exhibit 22 - He looked at it (Velveeta bos) and it did not appear to have any food product on it. He agreed, that item as it was now, would not produce a substantial odor.

Exhibit 21 - He looked at it and all there was was residue but no apparent food product and he agreed, in its present state, would not produce a substantial odor. However, if it was wet and a part of a pool of liquid, it could.

(ICA whispering to JB)

Exhibit 20 - he did not see any food product. Just a soiled box. If it were stained in the same inorganic fatty acids from the Velveeta wrapper.

Exhibit 26 - a foil wrapper with cheese residue on the side. JA wanted to pass it around to the jury.

OBJECTION BY JB - altered evidence - OVERRULED

JB requests SIDEBAR #5 (2:50-

Guys, the state's proving that body was in the trunk is crucial in tying Casey to the crime, because it's the strongest evidence she killed her. JA knows this, and he knows how important this witness is to the DT. He can't rush this cross!

Could be present?? It's speculation because they were not present.

See, no Zanny and no velvetta residue.

I wonder how many of the jurors smelled the foil cheese wrap.

I don't understand why he's taking so much time with this witness??

IMO this is very important so the Jury can FINALLY SEE exactly what was in the "garbage" bag that ICA put in the trunk to try to cover the decomp odor.....JB & Co. keep referring to this as "garbage" and the possible source of the odor. I know the might be beating a dead horse as so many have said they smelled decomp, the jury might now just be more certain once they actually see what was in that trash bag.

CA needs to leave the room right now witha piece of paper as she did on Sat., on another note. She also had a piece of paper in her hand when she left the room on Sat. IMO

If my child were found dead, and I didn't do it, I'd want someone exactly like JA.

Well it does lead to another DT theory, Mayor McCheese did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018