2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does JP keep asking JB questions when JP knows JB lies? I've always believed if you know a person lies why ask them questions.

Jury is now viewing an animated demo of how a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer works.
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:15 AM

an aside.....

Dr. Vass was able to keep the jurors engaged, interested and excited with his words..... JB has to have this guy has to show a power point to make a point.

That says it all!!!!

Is that inferred because she is standing trial and competent?

Does jury know what motions are made, their basis, and / or the decision?

Above BBM

I can't begin to count how many Dateline/48 Hours .....other TV shows like that......that show members of the jury months after the trial is over.

Those jury members are asked
"If you knew, during trial, that the defendant ___________ (<----- Fill in the blank), would you have voted differently?"

Those jurors always say Yes, they would have. The jurors tell the interviewer how they wished they knew about ______ and _______ and ______ so that they could have made a better informed guilty/not guilty decision.

Did all that up there make any sense?

Because I'm thinking, if the jury returns a lessor charge, are they going to be second-guessing themselves the rest of their lives because not ALL the bad acts concerning Casey and her Baby Daughter's death was able to be brought out at trial?

I know if it were me, if I found out after trial some of the things that are being kept out of this trial, more importantly, kept from the Jury, I would be livid for not knowing the full scope of this young woman's (Casey) actions!
It would weigh on me very heavily.

Dr. Furton....forensic scientist Bach..(sorry missed his CV)
he looks @ specific chemicals and the breakdown of those....has studied human decomp and chemical breakdown....since 2003 been looking @ volitle chemicals given off by live humans and human remains....published peer reviewed articles - 2 ea...2003 and 2011, also grad student and PhD student working on thesis...he directly supervises students in research - he just came back from experiment of students doing research on human scent....most research focus on live human scent...also done human remains reserach in the lab...give variety of lectures around re: location of human remains chemicals...instruments used to generally analyse volitle organic compounds, no instrument currently for identifying human remains...

testified as expert in area of human decomp? not before this trial....testified over 2 dozen in chemical ....forensic expert.....patent for the identification of humans based upon volitle organic compounds they give off....american chemical society and fellow of Am. Acad. of Forensic Science...testified in viariety of situations in Grand Jury, civil, criminal, for both prosecution and defense....received numerous awards and honors (object- sustain) move have Dr. Furton admitted to human decomp and forensic chem..

JA - voir dire....work in study of human decomp from prospective of a dog and training aids ....chemicals for dogs...your studies you mean your student studies? by students and self....until recently that was not whole human cadavars but training aides for dogs.....one student worked with train aids for dogs and most recent student worked with whole human remains....other than those particular studies do you have expertise in stages of decomp, bloat vs. that area....different stages of decomp give different chemical compounds...I know general knowledge volitle organic compounds given off but not expert on whole decomp....HHBP will chemistry and odor analysis of human decomp

taking you out of turn due to your schedule....received autopsy reports photo from trunk, prelim and final from Oakridge, all depos and documents from k9 experts and chemists and other experts in the case....review Oakridge reports both ...and report from Sigmund?) from Nat. Center of Forensic Science....Dr. Sigmund report the first one as far as chemical analysis...object-sustain....Dr. Sigmund report complete the first prelim report came from Dr. Vass a month later....reviewed different studies of decomp - opinion of unique signature of chemical compounds of human decomp....last 8 years and all peer reviewed studies including his own....currently no instrument to identify based upon chemicals present....completed a power point for Jury....to assist as demonstrative aid....convert Dr. Furton computer to show jury and provide copy to SA....offered only as a demonstrative aid....show to jury....
animation show how instrument GCMS actually separates chemicals into different components....chromatogram....inject into circled area for air sample use syringe...technical difficulties

Strange, I didn't find Dr Vass' testimony about science-y things boring at all!

If JB wants to ensure a conviction, just keep boring these jurors like this. And smirking about it, too. For the millionth time -- the jury will never believe there was not a dead body in that car.

Seems this guy would do better with the wrinkly yellow paper. jmo

caylee66.jpg

Oh wow that melts my heart. I can just hear her saying " are you tired, papa?" so tenderly...

Furton made a PowerPoint to help explain this gas chromatograph mass spectrometer (gcms) the jury has heard so much about. #CaseyAnthony
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:15 AM

Dr. Furton having problems with computer. JB says he will get him a "kid" to help out. WS goes over to help him.

My 3 year old granddaughter just stopped playing to come look at my laptop. When she saw the picture of little Caylee sitting on the floor, she said, "Nana, she is pretty. Can I play with her?"

Why doesn't he have this guy just draw a big wrinkled picture of the GCMS? And initial it.

No he didn't just say we are going to get a kid to help you out. JB needs one too!

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony In motion for competency evaluation, Cheney Mason said they had "well founded concern" about her ability to aid defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowan1978