2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be it's about time for another round of Yuri Melich. We've only seen him once today!:floorlaugh:

I wish we would see Casey, but I doubt it. Probably River Cruise/Krystal Holloway. And maybe Yuri.

If Casey is testifying then it HAS to be AF questioning her. I just can't imagine Cheney doing it, especially if that's why he asked for psych eval, and I think even Jose knows that's way out of his depth. Especially dealing with the cross which will be ugly to put it mildly.

Fl. save your money on this trial and just build more cells. I have never seen such a huge web. I watched this trial in hopes of TRUTH and JUSTICE for Caylee. Guess I won't see the truth. Why are so many people covering their a?

I think the pros have spoken the truth.

Casey Anthony chloroformed and duct taped her child's mouth and nose, placed her in the trunk of the car on June 16th, 2008. Spent the following day in bed <modsnip> with her boyfriend Tony Lazzaro. On June 18th, she drove to her parents home with Caylee in the trunk, borrowed the neighbour's shovel contemplating burying Caylee in the woods. When she realized the amount of work it would take to dig a grave, she decided to take 2 garbage bags and a laundry bag and put Caylee's remains in the bags. Drove to the woods and dumped her like trash.

31 days of Bella Vita.

Everyone keeps remarking on how well-prepared RK is...which makes me wonder why he should need to be, if he is just going to tell what happened...

Also, I do believe that CM is suffering from sort of early signs of dementia and have thought so since I first saw him in this trial. Very hard to believe, based on this case, that he has been a respected, effective attorney.

bbm

Well, I think if you are going into a situation where you are accused of being morally bankrupt you might want to be prepared. The defense lawyers do this for a living and you have no experience being a witness. Try "just telling what happened" when someone is twisting your words to fit into their accusations. That might sound easy to some people but I seriously doubt it is.

I hope the jury hasn't reached a conclusion about the defendents guilt or innocence yet. The defense hasn't rested. The closing arguments haven't been said. JMHO

Once again I am confuzzled by the Anthony's testimony. Why couldn't George just answer yes or no to the questions? That bothered me. Why did it appear that CA was lying yet again and that Lee's testimony incriminated his mother? I'm starting to think that CA left Lee out of things because he wasn't willing to play by her rules. Weirder yet, the three testimonies seemed somewhat scripted. I'm so confused by this family!

I don't think George is the sharpest blade in the drawer. But, I believed his testimony.

what time is the lunch break over with today??

I found it interesting that is was never about finding Caylee as far as Lee was concerned. It had to do with the power he had over his family. As soon as he learned they were not following the plan he layed out and doing the jobs he gave them he quit looking for Caylee and went back to work.

Yes. Lee finally had an important role in his family for the first time since Casey was born. Then once again, he is relegated to the back seat. And as far as him "believing" all of her lies...that was probably the only way to get the desperately wanted affection of his mother. I he may never have REALLY believed any of it. This REALLY is one messed up family.

Because if he moved or touched or changed anything at all at the crime scene you can't trust that evidence.

You can still trust the following facts:

1. Caylee is dead
2. Caylee's remains were encased in/found with items from the Anthony home that NO ONE but an Anthony had access to: hamper, Henkel duct tape, pooh blanket, Caylee's own clothing
3. The last person seen with Caylee was her mother KC
4. This SPECIFIC AREA in the woods - where Caylee was found - was an area KC spent much time in as a teen

I won't go into the car, computer searches, stories, cell phone pings, etc.

I am so very confused as to exactly what the DT is trying to do here. What are the As trying to do here? I don’t know anymore.

RK - so far (except for his one “I shouldn’t have said that” moment) looks like he is holding his own IMHO. I gave a depo once....and I only answered with “yes” or “no” answers. I didn’t elaborate. That seems to be what Kronk is doing. BECAUSE of the fact that I didn’t elaborate, the attorney never asked the pertinent question, so I didn’t have to answer “the” question. It was truly “don’t ask, don’t tell”..... I could have most likely have told him what he was fishing for, but he never asked the right question.

The defense is showing, on purpose or otherwise, that all Anthonys lie, whenever it suits them. If I am a juror, I might be wondering if Cindy purposely called LE on July 15th, not because she smelled the odor from the trunk, but because she was ready for Casey to be arrested, she was that PO'd at her over some other craziness. I would not at all be sure of anything at all, as far as who knew what when or who did what when.

I wish someone would bring up the fact that our own government enlist meter readers postal workers ect to be vigilant for things that that seem wrong , out of place ect ..

This really ticks me off when everyone makes it out Kronk kept calling he knew something ect ..

Operation TIPS (Terrorist Information and Prevention System): Operation TIPS will enable millions of America transportation workers, postal workers, and public utility employees to identify and report suspicious activities linked to terrorism and crime.
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/01/20020130.html

Just one article of many on subject..

Now the Justice department wants to extend the new investigative powers to private citizens. It recently unveiled Operation TIPS- Terrorism Information and Prevention System- as part of President Bush’s Citizen Corps initiative. The goal is to enlist thousands or even millions of Americans to act as spies for the government, reporting suspicious activity to officials using a handy toll-free hotline. The Justice department especially hopes to enlist mailmen, delivery drivers, plumbers, gas-meter readers, and the like, as they have access to private homes and businesses in their daily work. As usual, the war on terror is offered as justification for this proposal.

meter readers love to look for pot growing in your back yard while reading your meter. Guessing these new smart meters are gonna stop some of that.

Tropical Storm Fay was a historic storm. It made landfall on Florida a total of four times. Zig zagging back and fourth. It dumped record amounts of rain... especially in Central Florida. It was like nothing we had ever seen before.

I still remember the exact date Hurricane Charley hit. I even remember it was on Friday the 13th. I know that Tropical Storm Bonnie hit the Northern part of Florida the day before Hurricane Charley and that a tornado spawned from Bonnie hit the Omni Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia because it had been CNN's headquarters at the time. I know that Hurricane's Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne followed Tropical Storm Bonnie and Hurricane Charley.

Prior to 2004, when one tropical storm and four hurricanes hit Florida, many Floridians didn't pay attention that much to the comings and goings of the storms... once we had that record year.. everything changed. The next year, 2005... Florida was again hit by Hurricane Wilma... and I believe this was the year of Katrina. Katrina woke everyone up (still makes me mad thinking about it).

People remember Fay because it was a record breaking storm... with the rainfall and the fact that it hit Florida a total of four times. Anyone who lived in Florida in 2008... remembers Fay. At least most people.

Agreed. To establish those dates is VERY important, as TS Fay caused mass flooding and damage for a very long period of time. Some areas got over 5 feet of rain.

I lived through the flooding and heavy rains/damage/tornadoes associated with Fay, but in all honesty - with ALL the tropical storms and hurricanes I've lived through down here - I couldn't tell you the exact dates and months for each.

I agree, I think they all run together after a while if you live anywhere coastal. Although I do remember Fay because I was amazed at how horrible it was for Central Florida and that seemed unusual to me. I think Fay will be remembered by people who live in Orlando because they are not used to getting hit that hard!

Exactly. In his interview with Yuri, he told them that the male LE treated him like and idiot and it made him mad. He kept saying that he was a county employee just like the cop but the cop basically told ROy they don't have time for this they are getting so many tips and he's an idiot for calling, so Roy, who seems to have a bit of a checkered past, just let it go, he was mad at the LE and stopped calling.
Does everyone realize how many T,D and Harrys came out of the woodwork during this time claiming one thing or another? Does it make it right that Officer Kane didn't take RK seriously? Absolutely not...but he got fired for it and that's that. LE was looking for a live Caylee in August...they were tapped to the max. Nothing about LE's response really surprises me. My niece called LE @ 5x to get them over to my sister's apartment to check on her...and this was over a period of 2 months. It finally took a call from my sister's doctor to get them over there. In the end, it didn't make her less dead. Unfortunately, in that hot Florida weather, left in the elements...it would have already been too late to get evidence from Caylee's remains.
JMHO

Because if he moved or touched or changed anything at all at the crime scene you can't trust that evidence.
That's nonsensical.

People who find human remains have found them after opening a bag, or poking in the water with a stick. Bodies have been found after being accidentally stepped on, kicked, etc.

If the evidence can't be trusted, then no murders could be solved. Ever.

Finally, the defense has proven one of the points brought up in their OS. ica was raised to lie.

I don't think George is the sharpest blade in the drawer. But, I believed his testimony.

Speaking of blades in a drawer...how come the steak knife found in ICAs car wasn't in evidence. Especially with RKs statement about the fallen log looking like it had been "cut on"? I doubt RK was privy to that knowledge about the knife when he made that statement to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966