2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the state would be that irresponsible to bring in a psychiatrist/psychologist that hasn't actually studied ICA. I'm a bit surprised that the DT wants to do something along those lines. JA or LDB will depose of that nonsense very quickly.

I think the issue with the DT witness will be (if I understand the boundaries given by HHJP) JB will not be able to give the appropriate hypothetical to the witness and the witness cannot testify to the 'general' reactions to death or generally about the grieving process as the jurors are aware of it already themselves- HHJP cited some case - so I think either the state will object or HHJP will call a sidebar

MOO

HHJP says no. I forgot exactly how he put it. It's not coming in.

I agree with TH on this. Her smiling and pleasant everyday while she is standing trial for the DP for the murder of her child would "NOT" help the defense.

The jury won't know that she was 'playing nice' to get special privileges such as late night visits with her Muffin. She also got a guard to pass notes back and forth to her new BFF. Casey knows you get more bees with honey. She is the type to smile in your face and twist the knife in while you're walking away.

IMO

I messed up on my original post. I meant to say would not help the defense.

And I don't understand bringing in a grief counselor. The lady hasn't even seen ICA? What are they thinking, I don't think it will come in. I could see bringing her in at the penalty phase.

Grasping at straws?:crazy:

Speaking of the Grief Counselor, when JP asked Baez if she has met with Ms. Anthony, and he replies no:banghead: yet, in his proffer with both custodians of the jail, he is trying to elicit that her behavior is abnormal.:waitasec: I know he was trying to tie these witnesses in, and now, all he has is a Grief Counselor, who has never met KC.:waitasec: He is truly a disgrace to this case and the legal system in general.

He said that on the stand today? Are you sure it wasn't a repeat of what he said in the past?

It was today...JB asked him a question that started something like "now..before you found your granddaughter...blahblahblah" and GA responded that he needed to clarify "I to this day have not found my granddaughter....blahblahblah"

Thank You, Eaglemom! I tried that, followed the directions given here at WS and was able to enter and view the chat room but couldn't find a place type my comments. I must've sat there for 20 minutes trying to figure it out before I just said "Ummm, yeah okay...forget it", LOL.

Well I am sure one of the nice people here who HAS been in there could help you with that - lol - or ask a mod by email.....

It is a tie that says 'StayDwight.com'. It is for Dwight Howard, whom Orlando Magic, and all the fans, hope to keep.

A lot of his day-to-day ties look like the Jerry Garcia line, which only makes me love him more.

I think he was trying to show (as in his OS) that her reaction to being in jail, among other things, was not that of a "normal" person.

but actually that is more of the normal inmate than many realize. You do not want to be a nasty SOB when you are in there, especially since you have not even been found guilty of anything yet. It does not look good for you. The better your behavior, the better off you are all around in there. Manners goes a long way in there. You don't have to be a nasty arrogant person to be guilty of a crime.
On the same token, she is also a sociopath. She has no feelings, no emotions to show guilt. She would not be sad or show remorse. So to say Baez was doing this to show she isn't the "normal" person is hard to say.. like I said, the average inmate isn't the nasty one.

Hey now! I just realized, we didn't get any shots, or cocktails or anything! :snooty: I guess we are all on punishment! :giggle:

:blowkiss: to all of our mods! I can't imagine what you have to deal with, and I hope I did not do anything to cause you extra work!

If I did, I sincerely apologize! :yourock: I thank you for all that you do!

I'm having a Crown Royal Reserve & Ginger and I'll share :)

I don't think the state would be that irresponsible to bring in a psychiatrist/psychologist that hasn't actually studied ICA. I'm a bit surprised that the DT wants to do something along those lines. JA or LDB will depose of that nonsense very quickly.

I thought the State added the psychiatrists who met with ICA to their list. Can someone clarify? TIA

A lot of his day-to-day ties look like the Jerry Garcia line, which only makes me love him more.

I love Jerry Garcia ties, in fact, the only tie I own is a Jerry Garcia tie. :)

How sweet, HLN is ending the show with showing some great pictures of Caylee.
Some look new pix to me. That breaks my heart.

Shame on you Casey.

Yes...IMO he was conveying that he himself personally never found his granddaughter (refuting the DT's opening that GA had found Caylee lifeless in the family pool).

One thing that has bugged me and is so stupid about the DT's OS and the whole "George holding a lifeless Caylee in his arms..."

Supposedly ICA went one way in the yard to look for Caylee, GA went the other, ICA ran back around to the pool and GA was ALREADY standing there holding her body?
How much time would it take for GA to get in the pool, cry for 3 seconds, scoop the baby up, carry her out of the pool, down the ladder, etc etc. in order to get in position for ICA to come upon that little scene when she was supposedly scrambling to find Caylee too. Grrrrr.:banghead: Makes NO sense.

I think theres a little bit of this too prove the DT reasons for saying some of things they said. Maybe covering their own butts. Now the world heard Jesse, so theres their reason for following the abuse thing, etc.

I thought the State added the psychiatrists who met with ICA to their list. Can someone clarify? TIA

As I understood it, this grief counselor hasn't actually met with ICA. I could be wrong though. :)

SNAP..Though you said it much better.

I thought it also meant she felt sale and protected from any questions about why she killed her daughter..I think prison guards are used to being around people who have done terrible things and are consistently pleasant to them in spite of it.

BBM - What else are they supposed to do? It's not like they have anything concrete to work with. This is actually, probably the best defense they could have put on for her. A bunch of accusations, smoke and mirrors and obfuscation in the attempt to confuse the jury... Their only hope is that some of the junk they have put out there sticks in someones mind enough to cause dissension among the jurors and cause a hung jury.

I think short and sweet would've served them better. I think they should've cut their losses when witnesses started to turn. They look desperate at this point. MOO.

I saw some tweet posted that they were calling Roy Kronk again tomorrow. I guess he will be one of the handful of witnesses left?

Oh my word.... I can't imagine what on earth else they could go over with him that wasn't already :deadhorse:.

The defense wanted to prove consistency. They wanted to show that ICA acts inappropriately in situations such as grief or stress. Being in jail is stressful yet ICA was/is happy and pleasant just like she was during the 31 days Caylee supposedly drowned.

If the defense brought witnesses to testify to her constant happiness, couldn't the prosecution rebut by showing tapes of her expressing extreme anger and frustration during the CA and GA visits. We have all seen her anger and disapproval during this trial and it has all been recorded. JB is really desperate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela