2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: As proved by that snippet of video from Friday.

Showed it to a friend of mine who is a psychologist and was told "If she had had a pen in her hand she would have stabbed him".

Ohhh. Moral dilemma here.

I just put it down to the fact that he traveled with his job and was often away from home, and he's confused about when, so maybe going back to work after a week at home or something after one of those trips.

We are finally hearing some kind of truth about what was going on with Lee, so I'm sure not going to question the smaller details.

I think in the beginning he believed ICA because he wanted to and his family did. But obviously as time went by and Caylee was found dead, he became disenchanted with the idea of her innocence and had to face his feelings about the loss of Caylee. He also stood by listening to his mother support her innocence any and every time she could, when every instinct told him she wasn't.

So I think Lee has only testified to exactly the questions he's asked. He offers nothing more and certainly nothing extra that will help ICA. But I think the really last straw for him was when he heard his parents prepare to lie for her on the stand. Now I really understand what he was so upset about the first time he was on the stand. Three years of rubbish, betrayal and the loss of Caylee came crashing down on his head.

I hope he breaks free of the family and I think George is going to have to also to survive at all.

It was my understanding he took off work from July to Oct to hunt for Caylee.

I agree and have a hard time believing the jury was impressed seeing this man pounded. IMO this was one of the most ridiculous displays of 'we've-got-to-drag-this-out-cos-we've-got-nothing' by the Defense.

I'm a little intimidated by the scope of knowledge and quick thinkers on WS. I can listen to the trial at work and this is the place I come to for some no-agenda info.

:welcome4: I agree,some of the best and the brightest right here!Aren't we lucky? :greetings:

DT said they had about 6 more witnesses to call - did you all already discuss who might be on this list?
1 - the grief woman

Not sure she testifies but she is on list. Her testimony will prob be very limited. Supposedly Kronk again tomorrow and Krystal/River at some point as well. Jesse Grund is also on list but I doubt his testimony is allowed. I'm sure George, Cindy, and Lee will be called for the 100th time as well. Thats' 7 and I can't see many more than that at this point although DT seems determined to never rest their case.

You can bet it will. She is playing both sides and has already cashed in with National Enquirer. She first said no affair and later said there was one. George says Cindy knew he went there and about her alleged brain tumor. Notice how DT didn't ask Cindy about that? There whole theory goes out the window if they do.

This is my personal opinion

George was starving for attention and affection. A safe harbor temporarily from the pain of reality and chaos. I think he was played.It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't set up. I sincerely do not think there was a physical relationship. (not in the sense I think of a physical relationship) He was stressed and this was his escape for just a few moments.

Many of us watched Cindy hanging all over several men during this time and wondered how could George watch this??? For whatever reason we know who ran things in that home and I think George just went along to get along. George came through for the grand jury, didn't he?

I was watching her (River's) interview with that reporter and all the eye movements and body language- I just don't believe her. Did she just come forward with this change of story now during the publicity of this trial?

Nova's made some good points. I did not know about the National Enquirer, explains a lot to me..

TL was not allowed to testify to what she said about abuse,so why would they even consider JG? I thought it would be the same,No?

I am thinking that maybe the judge should allow it in. Number one, it could come back as a big issue during the Appeals Process if he denies it. The DT could argue that they were denied the chance to argue her defense effectively.

But even if it is allowed, it does not mean she isn't guilty of the crime. And it doesn't mean that what she told JG is even true.

She lied to JG, telling him he was the father of the child. She lied to him about a million things. And think about it---if she didn't want LEE around Caylee because of the abuse then why did she let her father babysit her alone?

I think the reason she wanted to keep Lee away from her friends is because of all of her various lies. imoo

the strangest part of JB having CAand LA back to back..He wanted us to believe CA was credible at one point right? so we would believe the chloroform searches were really hers. yet he puts her on the stand to say one thing and then have LA say the opposite regarding sending DC to the woods. now LA came across as way more credible in that testimony so now it will lead the jury to disbelieve anything she says. why would he want to impeach CA's testimony when she admitted to the searches to remove the premed theory. i just do not see where the defense is going. its almost as if they are at times using their notes from before the drowing theory instead of their "updated" notes supporting their OS. bizarre....

good point. Remember when CA was on the stand and said something like "she's not quite that big now". ICA has this really pizzed off look. It was histerical. ICA was mad.

Gad, I loved that moment. I almost considered that a sign that cindy had changed. It was such a putdown. Cindy had always told her how beautiful she is. ICA was shelll-shocked. Loved it. ICA was spitting mad.

I'm really surprised the defense didn't drag in GA's attempted suicide and try to make it look like he was overcome with guilt.

We should ask the Grief Expert if it was just his way of "ugly coping" LOL

Supposedly GA did send a text message that stated this and it has been shown on NG. I know take with a grain of salt.

Or maybe that wasn't the first time the PI's looked in the area.
That is just what this family of liars has done all along. Little things they can not be pinned down on they tell and make it appear others are lying or not telling the full story.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from and to be honest, I don't know if he did or didn't have an affair with her. Earlier on twitter someone (I think magpiefromhinky) said that with all the media following him, there is no way he could have gotten away with having an affair. You may be right, but something just didn't sit right with me about his demeanor today.

Not directed at you Jharres, but your post reminded me.

I have no love for George at all. But here is a man whose grand daughter was killed by his daughter, who talked to the LE almost from Day one, testified for the Grand Jury, who has had every aspect of his life examined by the media.

He didn't want to believe ICA killed Caylee, even though his cop side of him said yes, so picture the conflict this must have caused him.

Then just before the beginning of the trial, he learns that his only daughter has accused him of sexual abuse when she was a child, which makes him a pedophile, and continued to abuse her through her teen years. Plus he also learns he is accused of being the one who found Caylee drowned in the pool, somehow was involved in applying the duct tape and sticking her remains in garbage bags, leaving it in the trunk of ICA's car to decompose, and then somehow arranging for Kronk to steal the body, store it and then scatter the remains around off of Suburban Drive.

None of these accusations are a secret, they have been broadcast daily to almost the entire world. And he has to get up on the stand, face Baez, and defend himself against these charges in a court of law.

He watched Baez twist evidence and he knows Baez lies. And we wonder why he is guarded and maybe "hinky" in his answers? He's controlling feelings of shame, anger, and terrible sorrow at ICA for making these claims and we worry about him being guarded. I picture it if it was happening to me....
and don't have trouble with him coming off as odd...

Just watched the end of today's trial and the disagreement between JB and JA. JB was lying when he started complaining about the proffers need to come to an end. JB told JA that it would be no problem for the proffer and now he complains about it. He is <modsnip> and fits right in with the A's. Perfect attorney for them.
JB "We were all tired, I understand him not wanting to take her deposition, but he didn't take her deposition." He agreed, now says it is unreasonable. Liar, liar, pants on fire.
Boo, hoo, hoo, she might have to come twice. NOT TRUE. JA offered right off the bat to do it on the phone. He makes me sick.

He didn't know she was lying about it until a couple of weeks ago when his parents were talking about it.

:waitasec:
Okay,now I'm confused. I thought Lee said when he learned CA sent DC to look for Caylee's body , and not a live Caylee, he became disgusted and it prompted him to go back to work .He said it was in Oct.

Are we talking about something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member