2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to out anyone whom has been a survivor of Sexual abuse....

But as I have seen some, who have been assaulted at night while sleeping,They seem to have a great fear when woken out of a sound sleep, and are mostly combative until they are fully awake.

And ICA accused Lee of coming in at night while she was sleeping.

However, when the CO's testified that "even when ICA is woken out of a sound sleep she is all happy and pleasant"

Hmmmmmm.... Another lie!!

Deen and Hornsby on WESH

what i know from this case is that Dr. Vass is not a chemist, and GA has a gas can

Can anyone point me to bios of Linda Drane Burdick and/or Jeff Ashton? I'd love to read their scholastic background. I'm just so impressed with both of them, to the point where I'm considering going back to law school.

The defense team, now they are a joke...and ICA could win an appeal based on incompetent attorneys...

I agree 100% Olive. They are perfect examples of what an attorney is. JB on the otherhand...............well I told my attorney boss the other day that videos of this trial should be shown to law students just how a REAL attorney acts (LDB and JA) and pretending to be one. If you pursue, good luck. :seeya:

:laugh:

I cannot decide if the DT was simply trying to discredit GA as a liar (hmmm-odd strategy given the defendant) or they were implying he was going to shoot Casey with the gun.

clear as mud for me too.

on RHornsby's blog...

he links to other blog attnys - one who compares JB to Atticus Finch.

as in - the honorable defense lawyer who takes the case no lawyer will take and defends the defendant no lawyer will defend and finds himself abused and hated for doing so.

I'm just gonna throw that thought out here and :couch:

here's the link
http://criminaldefenseblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/no-one-would-like-my-commentary-on.html

Well she has a whole lineup of lawyers who would take over the case if Jose left.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Bill Sheaffer: "We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm. They are apparently the group that has issues with his handling of jurors because he's the Chief Judge. We are still getting details right now."

She's encouraging him-- he thinks he's done a good job. So sweet, deadly sweet in this instance. mo

GA stole her thunder when he tried to commit suicide. During one of their press tours Cindy said she thought about suicide right after they talked about George's attempt. She made a big to-do about it saying no one knows this but I wanted to commit suicide too. Cindy and Casey are a lot alike.

IMO

Ohhhhh goodness. I forgot all about that! Thanks for the reminder.

He needs to take some humor tips from WS posters. I haven't found calling someone a dip***** funny since the 4th grade. JMHO.

NeJame thinks she will testify. Guess we get to find out soon!!!

This is a serious question...I get that Jose is playing the "bad" lawyer role...the one who isn't afraid of getting dirty...but does he really believe he's pulling this off? Does he think he's clever? Is there some brilliant strategy at work here to get his client off? Or is he really this g-d awful?
(Not bashing...wonder if his line of questioning is "deliberate" for a reason.)

I think it is both he is not very affective and he does want the questions he isnt allowed to ask on court record.

My take on Casey's hate towards George:

She truly hates him. It is NOT because she was abused by him. She first got angry when Caylee was "missing" that George was more concerned over Caylee than herself. We all know how insane her jealousy towards Caylee was. After George accepted the truth and knew Casey was involved, she was outraged. Then he wouldn't lie on the stand to save her. That was the icing on the cake. She hates him so much that he is speaking for Caylee rather than to save her tail.

She hates him SO much for this. If he helps put her on death row, she will do all she can to make sure that she also puts the nail in his coffin. She wants to make sure that he has nothing else to live for after this.

I couldn't agree more. Her HATRED is stronger than any love or affection she has ever possessed. I don't know how much the jury picks up on what we do, since they don't have the full dynamic or benefit of much information that we do......one can only hope and pray. Sadly the emotion of hatred seems the only emotion she really can convey with conviction....pun intended.

Thank you for this link! Creepily enough, ICA and Bundy are reminiscent of each other in several ways. My husband and I have talked about it quite a bit.

You could substitute Casey's name for Bundy's in the following passage from the article you linked, and I think it would ring true:

"in the nearly three hours which I spent with Mr. Bundy I found him to be in a cheerful, even jovial, mood. He was witty but not flippant; he spoke freely; however, meaningful communication was never established. He was asked about his apparent lack of concern so out of keeping with the charges facing him. He acknowledged that he was facing a possible death sentence. However, he said, 'I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.' "​

No offense meant to anyone here, honestly, but I thought I'd weigh in on this crying issue from the male perspective.

I was a criminal investigator in the military. I saw men cry many times, all different ranks, all different ages, for all kinds of reasons. I've cried myself many times.

I won't say that there isn't still a certain social pressure on men not to display that emotion often, but the idea that grown men don't cry is, in my estimation, at least two generations ago.

It's a sexist assumption, not any more valid than suggesting that women are "emotional" by nature. Some are, some aren't. Some men like sports, some don't. Some women like to gossip, some don't. I'm sure you see what I mean.

Stereotypes are a lazy way of understanding people. It's lots easier to just assume things about a gender or group of people than it is to take everyone as an individual and deal with them on that level.

Just food for thought, and no offense intended. But, as a man, it is a little disheartening to see people still throwing around obviously sexist ideas about what consitutes "normal" male emotional behavior.

:cow:

WOW! Look at YOU making a serious post! ;) You know I love your dry wit, but I must say I do agree with the continuing stereotype of typical male emotion! My dad (67) has my son (12) thinking "real men don't cry" and it kills me! (Son's dad passed away in 2003 and dad is his only male role model)
Real men DO cry (the realest of men!)
Now, as an aside, can u tell me where I can find one of these emotional sensitive, men!?? :great:

Wonder what the deal is with Judge Perry getting involved with protesters outside the courthouse? Bill Schaefer said that they don't like the way he handles jurors???

I had to take a break. Just wanted to add,the reason I kept bringing up my situation when my son committed suicide is because everything GA was saying ,and the anguish on his face ,rang true to me.
He said much of what I felt after losing my son. I apologize if I sound like I'm all about me. That's not why I bring it up. It's to validate GA's testimony. Always,JMO.

{{{MissJames}}}

I also am a survivor of family suicide--my father and sister. I understand your feelings so well. This is very hard to watch right before our very eyes. It brings those things and times back into focus and it is so painful. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

(This is not a bid for sympathy, I am just expressing solidarity with another poster--please no sympathy posts for me.)

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Bill Sheaffer: "We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm. They are apparently the group that has issues with his handling of jurors because he's the Chief Judge. We are still getting details right now."

What, they have a problem with the dessert lady or something? HHJP has been extraordinarily awesome with the jurors.

I am SO confused.

And I bet HHJP doesn't give a **** about what protestors think. He doesn't strike me as an insecure individual in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi