2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe with a Nurse on the jury that JB tried to diminish the effects of BP medication.
It is used precisely to lower your blood pressure in one way or another, depending on the medicine. So overdose = NO blood pressure.

My father has been on serious BP meds for 40 years and the potentially fatal effects of merely accidentally doubling a dose is lectured to him Over & over.

Just my experience & opinion.

JB was just pizzed that GA had no Xanax with him..

That wink was gross, sneaky, and full of deceit. :cool:

eta: I think KC is trying her grudges, not her defense in murdering Caylee. It's weird.

I can't watch the video. Who winked at who? ... Please

Thank you Sleuth5. I am 53 and am drawing on my own experiences with men my age, and older (i.e., my father's generation). I am glad that today men feel a little freer to express their feelings. But all in all, I still believe that most men tend to hold it in vs. openly boo-hooing like I did during testimony today. How many men cried during that I wonder?

I'm happily married to a "tough guy" former Navy Seal, etc.,.......

This trial has made him bawl like a baby during CA's first testimony, when they show too many pictures of Caylee, and this morning watching GA..........

I applaud our male WS'ers and am honored to be in the company of men who feel and express themselves openly. Surely Caylee is smiling up above to feel the love from so many for her.

When the prosecution rested their CIC, I was on the fence as to whether or not they proved that she killed her and there was room for reasonable doubt. The defence's CIC did a good job of closing up the prosecution's weakspots. After today I am no longer on the fence and firmly convinced she murdered Caylee in cold blood. At least through my perspective, Casey would've been better served by Jose not putting on a defence at all.

successfully painted GA as the "bad" guy and everyone is going along with him so of course everyone sees how he is just pointing out all the bad things this bad guy did. I think he is alot like his client. I don't think he "sees" reality in quite the same way we do. A rational lawyer, in his position, would have surrendered first chair along time ago but his ego and need for attention would never permit that. He not only thinks he's brilliant, he thinks everyone else thinks he's brilliant too! Just like how he accuses JA of things he is acutally doing himself...filed under, "strange but true".

This is a serious question...I get that Jose is playing the "bad" lawyer role...the one who isn't afraid of getting dirty...but does he really believe he's pulling this off? Does he think he's clever? Is there some brilliant strategy at work here to get his client off? Or is he really this g-d awful?
(Not bashing...wonder if his line of questioning is "deliberate" for a reason.)

Not sure if this has been posted yet...Crazy stuff, I hope Judge Perry has some good security with him!

There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth.by jimlichtenstein via twitter 6/29/2011 4:55:52 PM at 9:55 AM

For no other reason than I want to... a heartfelt embrace from me to you....just because....
((((((((((((((((((( MISSDIVA )))))))))))))))))

Aww, thank you!! You should see me beaming right now! :blowkiss:

I agree that stereotypes are used way too often to judge people. However, all my experience shows me that men are the ones who most often perpetrate this stereotype. They will be the first to demean another man for crying. Just visit any of the sports forums to see for yourself.

I don't disagree. I didn't blame any gender for the issue.

Wonder what the deal is with Judge Perry getting involved with protesters outside the courthouse? Bill Schaefer said that they don't like the way he handles jurors???

What?
I don't get it...handles jurors?

99% chance of reversal on appeal due to ineffective counsel.

:eek:

say it ain't so RHornsby! :(

I don't think that will happen. She had a huge defense team and they made a lot of motions and they made a lot of objections and they brought in a cohesive[ kind of] defense case and expert witnesses etc.
From what I have read that is usually only successful when an attorney is neglectful and does not do much.

@JimLichtensteinJim Lichtenstein
"There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth."

BBM - lunatic, yes that is fitting!

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Bill Sheaffer: "We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm. They are apparently the group that has issues with his handling of jurors because he's the Chief Judge. We are still getting details right now."

Huh? Is it the pop tart issue?

I disagree. He operates this way because it's the only way he knows. He's as delusional and narcissistic as his client.

It just boggles my mind that two toxic people found each other and have caused so much hurt, above and beyond the fact that an innocent child was killed.

@JimLichtensteinJim Lichtenstein
"There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth."

This is probably JB or LKB to stir more motions up.

Has anyone yet posted about KC's "lashing out" at her attorneys the other day, when Baez was walking back from a sidebar and she looked angry for a minute? What was that all about?

JMO but when JB turns around and she suddenly looks contrite,I think someone must have reminded her she was on camera.I don't think she was scared for JB to see her snarling. But that's just me.

From WFTV's "Live Blog":

Bill Sheaffer: We have video coming up of a problem with Judge Perry at lunch time. A group of protesters were shouting at him. A number of Orange Co. Deputies were called to assist. We'll show you the details coming up at 1pm

omg!! who keeps leaving those dang doors open. Flies keep getting all over my theory. lmao!!!

Another from the "Live Blog":

Bill Sheaffer: They are apparently the group that has issues with his handling of jurors because he's the Chief Judge. We are still getting details right now

I applaud our male WS'ers and am honored to be in the company of men who feel and express themselves openly. Surely Caylee is smiling up above to feel the love from so many for her.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member