2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who missed the 8:30 Am - 9:00AM bit, HHJP specifically mentioned that when the defense rests he is obligated to ask her if she wants to testify - then just sat there looking over at them. ICA nodded that she understood.

I would LOVE to see her take the stand but I really don't think she has the guts.
Casey was protected from scrutiny and discipline her whole life by Cindy (IMO) she couldn't handle it coming from the SA.

:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a friend that lost her daughter at 5 years of age to an undiagnosed very aggressive cancer.

My friend seemed to be able to handle the stress and grief but because she wasn't thinking clearly she had forgotten about a favorite doll that her daughter had and when she realized that it wasn't in the casket with her she had a complete break down and had to be hospitalized and sedated.

:( grief is ugly. It's something we all experience in our own unique way but there is nothing that convince me that at any time during those 31 days was KC's behavior because of grief over Caylee. JMHO

BBM .... Me niether!

When I was on 5 months of bedrest 18 weeks pregnant 90 percent effaced laying upside down in the bed ... thought I was gonna lose my son THAT'S ALL I THOUGHT ABOUT! The rain and the cold.... It haunted me for weeks! God KNEW I couldn't handle it!

I can't imagine throwing your child in bags and tossing her.... and feeling "sexy enough" to enter a hot body contest??
how could she ?

and ICA nodding about the mother child bond???? surely she was thinking
about CINDY

moo

I'm out. Taking my wine to the bathtub crying my eyes out, that little boy in the rain just got me bad. Dang, this trial is rough.

Have a nice night all. It is uplifting to know that so many good people do exist.
Amen.

Big BBQ Sunday with family, we are celebrating Sunday instead of Monday!!!

What am I going to do??? :(

Don't want to miss rebuttals and closing arguments!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Go ahead with your celebration…just leave every TV you own turned on. Chances are your guests are just as riveted to this case as you/we are!

Some may even call you with their "regrets". "Can't come. Got the flu." :sick:

...and on the trial thread someone posted that LDB was wiping her eyes.

i rewound and sure enough, major eye wiping. poor thing, that story hit a nerve with a lot of us. :heartbeat:

have a relaxing bath

bumping because people are asking

it was after the story about the woman who was worried about her dead son, because it was raining and dark outside, and he shouldn't be out in the rain. she went and sat outside with an umbrella

With the DT wrapping up tomorrow, and HHBP telling the state that they should be prepared to begin rebuttal tomorrow afternoon, it would appear that the DT may only have one or two witnesses left.

We know by reports that River Cruz was waiting outside in the hall this afternoon, so she is one witness. Are there any more left to testify? I wonder if KC will testify and be the last witness?

As far as rebuttal goes, it's been stated that two of Cindy's former co-workers have been subpoenaed to testify. Bill Shaeffer referenced the HIPPA laws that all medical records be kept for 7 years, so there may be records of Cindy being at work when the computer searches were made.

I also expect to see someone testify regarding phone records for George and Cindy that might show that they weren't home during those computer searches.

I also think Dr. Garavaglia will be called to testify to refute Dr. Spitz's allegation that her autopsy was shoddy.

Can anyone think of other possible rebuttal witnesses?

No matter what is thought about this woman's testimony, I have to give her applause for sitting with that mother in the rain. Heart wrenching. It was also just about the WORST thing for the DT. Will any of their witnesses end up as a positive for them?

I agree. I think just on the fundamental human being level it was very kind of her to sit with the bereaved mother in the rain to calm her fears about leaving her child out in the cold and rain. I didn't particularly like this witness but she rehabilitated herself with that story. She did a very kind thing.

I missed where George said something like myself, my daughter, and God know the truth. Baez came back with dog? huh? Jeepers Baez. He opened the door and you came back with a dog reference..... Well, I can't imagine representing a monster.
I'm sure the good Christians on the jury appreciated hearing God compared to a dog.

Brilliant move, Baez - not.

So now that we're in Sidebar thread... I got home from an appointment to turn on the trial and there was SK. She seemed like a combo of Debbie Reynolds and SNL's Sally O'Malley. Also, kept thinking we've had the "Dessert Lady" in this trial. Now we have the "Magical Fruitcake Lady".
Wow, she added nothing to the defense. Another ouch for them. Looks like RC tomorrow. If she doesn't bring it home for the DT, they're in trouble!

*bbm*

Good Call

Magical thinking is not delusions. She gave an example of a woman whose child had died and called her when it was raining and said that he had never been in the rain before so she went there with a blanket an an umbrella and they sat outside. Intellectually the mother knew the child was dead.

the rain, the blanket...

Need a good excuse to stay home to watch the trial?

Try "food poisoning." It works whdn 'blue flu' wont. Seafood excuse is best cause all know how quick seafood can go over. "I must have eaten a bad piece fish last night."

(once when I had a job I hated I "ate" a lot of "fish.")
Spoken just like an Anthony!:floorlaugh:

Didn't lose a child, but one of our cats passed and we wanted to bury her in our yard. It had been raining for days and was still raining when we buried her. Not only was I sad regarding her passing, but she HATED to be wet and never went out in the rain, and it was so hard to leave her buried in the rain.

Something similar with my sister - lost a dog (which might as well be her a child as far as she is concerned). In far South Texas, where it's never that cold, a freeze warning on the way. She could not allow the pup (buried) to be out in the cold, put her coat on and was on her way out to "bring him in where it was warm." Took my brother in law almost a full hysterical hour to talk her down. I cannot even imagine what kind of behavior she would have had if it had been one of her children. I don't think she'd be here - I don't think I'd be here either.

No matter what is thought about this woman's testimony, I have to give her applause for sitting with that mother in the rain. Heart wrenching. It was also just about the WORST thing for the DT. Will any of their witnesses end up as a positive for them?
I agree. I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but she didn't help the defense at all today, IMO.

Caylee. That little life, so full of innocence and discovery about the world. The sweet singing voice, the enthused flipping through a book, swimming with her grandmother, just starting out on the road of her life. Then to be murdered in a horrific death and to be cast away in the dark, in the rain, in the blistering heat, where wild things roam, where filth is. I cannot fathom it. I know it, in my head. But I look at ICAs hands, those wringing hands, and I can't understand how or why someone could not put their child first. I see her and she sits coldly, watching out for herself, enjoying the emotional torture of others. There is no remorse, no accepting of any responsibility. It is just stunning and appalling. Scary.

help!
where's the trial threads from today?

why am I lost?

lol.

and TIA

I dont think that anyone in the court room will fail to be moved by a real loving mothers response to their child

.... on a dark rainy night the grief counselor had a phonecall from a mother whose little boy had died saying that it was the first time he had ever been alone in the dark and that it was raining. The grief counselor took an umbrella and blanket and they sat in the dark huddled under a blanket sheltering from the rain by the grave

A beautiful story and may God Bless the grieving mother x x x

Oh my I mieed that, I was watching HLN and there are so many commercials I am up and down trying to get things done.

How both sad and beautiful.

I agree. I think just on the fundamental human being level it was very kind of her to sit with the bereaved mother in the rain to calm her fears about leaving her child out in the cold and rain. I didn't particularly like this witness but she rehabilitated herself with that story. She did a very kind thing.

and in the end, she did the right thing by Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine