2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA but, along with that I think it's a gesture of self-comforting in an insecure frame of mind. A little paranoid maybe too. She's at the end of the hallway with this trial and she knows it!

The neck thing is some kind of giveaway = according to an ex FBI agent who used to notice it when he questioned folks. I read this in an article online a few weeks ago and haven't been able to find it.

I missed a lot of the grief expert's testimony but did anyone from the state ask whether grieving parents or loved ones contemplate suicide or attempt suicide. TIA

Anybody think Baez may be, ahem, 'misrepresenting' when he will be done to the judge so no one thinks Casey will take the stand? I know he is a pillar of honesty and all but...

The defense has desperately tried to have her testify through other witnesses to no avail - she is the only one who can "corroborate" sexual abuse and the accident. I don't see how the DT can prove anything in their OS without her testimony.
I agree, I think they would be crazy NOT to put her on the stand ....they have nothing to lose at this point. As I had said before, a simple story of Casey covering up an accidental drowning alone, and being too ashamed to tell her parents, MIGHT have stuck with many jurors. But the resentment that made the whole GA/sex abuse/Kronk theory has backfired, so they may as well put her on at this point....I really think if she does not take the stand, there is not even a tiny grain of hope for her at this juncture...

After the grief lady left, I saw her and Jeff standing talking, and I saw Linda wiping at her eyes, both of them, several times. She certainly wasn't sobbing, but I wondered if she was teared up from the story about the lost child and the rain. Just a speculation, don't know.

Thank you! It has to be hard to listen and talk about the death of anyone but especially hard when it is about a child!

Speaking of the mother and her child in the dark and rain. The first funeral I ever attended was in 1980. He was the 11 year old son of my best friend. He was riding his bike and rode into the path of a car. I couldn't believe we were going to leave him in the grave yard by himself. And then we have ICA who didn't even flinch when Domonic Casey was stabbing the ground and slashing trash bags with that rod. There just hasn't been a word invented to discribe ICA.

it will be a fitting end to their ridiculous defense case. I think she comes across as, OK TOS, so let's say, something less than honest and credible with pure motives and a good reputation. I think the cross will show just how quickly the jury should discount her entire testimony. Whether or not GA had an affair with her is about the least relevant fact in this entire case and her absurd quest for fame will be a fitting finale to the defense case and set the stage perfectly for the professional and credible rebuttal by the steller SA team. The contrast between the two sides and the character of the respective attorneys and witnesses could not be more stark.

I think it's foolish for the defense to end with her. But I'm still interested in what she's going to say. In the end, I don't judge George for anything he did during that time, he was anguished and distraught. He wrote things in his suicide note that he couldn't say to Cindy face to face - that says a lot about their relationship. If he didn't feel the support from Cindy that he needed at that time, I don't blame him for latching on to someone who was willing to give him an ear and a shoulder to cry on.

That's all I have to say about that.

I agree, I think they would be crazy NOT to put her on the stand ....they have nothing to lose at this point. As I had said before, a simple story of Casey covering up an accidental drowning alone, and being too ashamed to tell her parents, MIGHT have stuck with many jurors. But the resentment that made the whole GA/sex abuse/Kronk theory has backfired, so they may as well put her on at this point....I really think if she does not take the stand, there is not even a tiny grain of hope for her at this juncture...

One thing I keep going back to is that psychopaths truly believe they can convince, charm, manipulate others into believing them. It worked for Casey, in her mind, for a long time. We've already seen her attempt to manipulate the jury through indirect testimony. ;)

Not a big leap to think she'll want to get her version of the story out there imo.

:hug:

Today has opened a lot of old wounds. TG we have each other .

Thank you for sharing . It flies in the face of the DT's opening statement.

My brother died @ 27 when his car left the road and went into a river. His body wasn't recovered until a week later and I am still haunted by what my mother said in her grief:
"I can't bear the thought of him being in that water all those days and nights. When he was a baby I would get up just to change his diaper so he wouldn't have to be wet through the night."

Wow, Benchwarmer, My brother died at 37, in a car accident when his car went off the road, and wasn't found for over a week. There was construction and a piece of the guardrail was missing. He was visiting home from California, where he was living at the time, and wanted to visit some old friends for the 4th of July. We think he must have changed his mind and heading home in the dark, mistook the opening in the guardrail for an exit....He was my World! I was 23 and just married, and I didn't want to live anymore, without him in this world. July 4th is still so painful for me, as he never got to meet my twin boys, and there isn't a day, I don't think of him. My parents grief was overwhelming, he was their only son, and I remember my mother couldn't get over that he was lying out in a ditch for over a week.

This is certainly resurrecting some very painful wounds, July 4th is a terrible day for me, I dread the festivities, as I re-live it every year.

:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a friend that lost her daughter at 5 years of age to an undiagnosed very aggressive cancer.

My friend seemed to be able to handle the stress and grief but because she wasn't thinking clearly she had forgotten about a favorite doll that her daughter had and when she realized that it wasn't in the casket with her she had a complete break down and had to be hospitalized and sedated.

:( grief is ugly. It's something we all experience in our own unique way but there is nothing that convince me that at any time during those 31 days was KC's behavior because of grief over Caylee. JMHO

So many sad stories. Hearts to you all. As to ICA, I honestly think she disassociated. Whether it was trauma from the killing or accident, I don't know. But that my opinion.

Anybody think Baez may be, ahem, 'misrepresenting' when he will be done to the judge so no one thinks Casey will take the stand? I know he is a pillar of honesty and all but...

The defense has desperately tried to have her testify through other witnesses to no avail - she is the only one who can "corroborate" sexual abuse and the accident. I don't see how the DT can prove anything in their OS without her testimony.

I actually think JB is trying to do his best to defend her/win...but...I also think he is out of his league...and he should have never agreed to do this case knowing he may not be the best man for the job...but...he needs fame, money and the attention/limelight...and she needs someone that would agree to represent her under her terms...someone she can push around if things are not going her way....JMHO

Originally Posted by Etiana
Unfortunately I can speak from experience and the Mother worried about her little boy in the dark and rain....

I remember that very night after the burial realizing that the person who I loved most in the world would not be tucking in his sweet children for the night nor would the warmth of his body be curled up next to mine as we slept. My parents had my little ones that night and before it was light out, I drove to the cemetery, put our favourite blanket on the ground and laid down next to the freshly dug earth and flowers. I didn't care how it looked or how strange people would think I was, I just needed to be with my husband.

Grief is a long, exhausting journey and even though we all grieve differently, there is nothing in ICA's demeanor after her daughter was killed, whether by her own hands or an accident, that spoke of grief imo.

:hug:

You sharing your experience reminded me of a photo (real photo not staged) that I saw early on after the war had begun.

http://memoirsfromnam.blogspot.com/2010/12/final-goodbye.html

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story.

Thank you both. I can so related. The one thing that is still the hardest is patting the side of the bed where my husband used to sleep. Even tho he was in an adult family home the last few years, I would still wake up and wonder where he was. I took him home the last few weeks of his life and you can bet your bottom dollar I slept with him as much as I could. When he did pass, I pulled his blanket up tight and lay with my arms around him until they came to get his body. It was going to be the last time and I'm so glad I had the strength to honor and comfort him.

Casey made these allegations...JB should have known better than to follow her bread crumb trail to nowhere...

Casey enjoys the attention and could care less if George blubbers on the stand...this is all a game to Casey...

I just think that Baez and ICA are two sick, deluded sociopaths with narcissistic tendencies - both of them. Baez may very well be a functioning sociopath (they are out there in all walks of life) I've never seen two people more suited to each other, seriously it's a match made in some perverse universe.

What would have happened if ICA had a smart, successful attorney? ICA may well have received/plead to a much lesser sentence than she is most assuredly going to receive and I don't think anyone would think that was justice, if she did less than 5 years for example.

Just as ICA said, everything happens for a reason. Fate bought these two people together so that Caylee would get justice despite their best efforts to circumvent that.

I can't wait for this trial to be over, I never want to hear about ICA or Baez ever again.

Unfortunately I can speak from experience and the Mother worried about her little boy in the dark and rain....

I remember that very night after the burial realizing that the person who I loved most in the world would not be tucking in his sweet children for the night nor would the warmth of his body be curled up next to mine as we slept. My parents had my little ones that night and before it was light out, I drove to the cemetery, put our favourite blanket on the ground and laid down next to the freshly dug earth and flowers. I didn't care how it looked or how strange people would think I was, I just needed to be with my husband.

Grief is a long, exhausting journey and even though we all grieve differently, there is nothing in ICA's demeanor after her daughter was killed, whether by her own hands or an accident, that spoke of grief imo.

I am so sorry for you. That is just heartbreaking. I hope you have comfort in knowing that you had great love. It is a gift and that is why I read here. Many people who know great love and give great love. God bless all of us.

I'm glad some of you are listening to LKB cause I sure can't.

Oh my me either! I'd rather listen to all my beagles yelping for hours than hearing her speak one word!

Quick Question. On WFTV, was Part 10 the last of testimony today. I missed 9 and 10, just watched but didn't seem to be the end of the day!

When will Texas Equisearch be up? I thought for sure there would be some damaging testimony to the defense in that.

So many sad stories. Hearts to you all. As to ICA, I honestly think she disassociated. Whether it was trauma from the killing or accident, I don't know. But that my opinion.
I can respect that.

Personally, I think she's a sociopath who murdered her baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech