2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only resemblance I see with the guy is to Lee! Plus, I've always said I thought of everyone, Caylee REALLY resembled Cindy more than anyone else in the family - that probably ticked Casey off too.

I am watching all of GA's testimony today. Two things: He eerily reminds me of my own dear father when he broke down. That's how my dad reacted when he learned he had stage 4 cancer and was afraid of what it would do to my mother. He was only upset for her and broke down when she left the room for a moment. No one can tell me that GA's reaction on the stand was "fake".

Second, as an attorney, I can tell you that JB doesn't get a pass because he is "just doing his job." Hogwash. Attorneys can mount a serious and thorough defense without destroying innocent family members of the victim, without lying about them, sneering and destroying the lives of innocent people. Attorneys are obligated to zealously advocate for their clients, not to perpetrate lies. Further, they can always refuse to promote a theory or advocate a position that is morally repugnant to them.

JB should be very ashamed. But much like his client, he won't be. He will sleep like a baby. And thus is our profession besmirched. Sickening.

I'm just now getting home from work so I am a lot of pages behind on this and was watching NG while preparing dinner...anyways, I saw a snippet of something that happened in court today where the judge was saying something about since the lawyers where only there by phone they couldn't answer something or other, and KC piped up and said "I can answer that" and then she said "I agree with Miss Finnell"......what was she talking about??

TIA

Finnell's motion for mistrial based on the appeal out of South Florida ruling the DP unconstitutional. No attorneys were present (Finnell argued telephonically) so HHJP asked ICA if she could speak or if she wanted to wait for the attys.

No matter if this mother's claim is true or not, I wish she would have waited until after she had the results to confirm her suspicions. . . Certainly at least until after the trial.

How tasteless for this woman to appear out of nowhere claiming to be Caylee's Grandma.

If she truly believed she was it would be a very private matter and she could have least waited until the trial was over...actually strike that...she could have contacted them when Caylee was still alive as she had all the info she needed

From Nancy Grace again................the mother of Michael Duggan was interviewed by Nancy. Her name is Donna Maclean. She said the other side of the family (husband's) had family in Orlando and took her children to Orlando to Disney World on frequent vacations when they were young, so there's a connection to Orlando.

At the time that Caylee would have been conceived, her son, Michael was 21. He was working in Tennessee. In a phone conversation with his mom (Donna) he told her that his girlfriend was pregnant and they were having a girl. He went on to mention his girlfriend's family mentioning the names, Cindy, George, Casey, and said the father was a cop.

Michael Duggan was killed in a car accident in 2007.

Mark Lippman, says his office has been contacted about this matter and that Donna can have a DNA test done if she has something from her son. Donna Maclean says she doesn't have anything of her son. But an attorney said they can do DNA from Donna - micondonal (spelling) DNA.

Gut feeling.....I think Casey wants to and will take the stand..........I think she thinks she can convince the jury that she is innocent. And I think Baez will milk it as much as he can. Asking very personal and explicit questions...getting her to spew as much venom as possible.

No matter if this mother's claim is true or not, I wish she would have waited until after she had the results to confirm her suspicions. . . Certainly at least until after the trial.

She's known for 6 years and she suddenly decides to expose herself now? Not buying it.

Thank you so much everyone, I got it to come up. Actually there is a resemblance to them both but yes we must wait for the DNA. The story says she contacted them two weeks ago to see about doing a DNA but Lippman said to the effect that to much is going on right now.
Geeezzzzz, I guess she was sleeping around. The only thing that made no sense to me is he got in a car accident in Falmouth which is Cape Cod, said him and a step daughter I think both died and that they were returning to Massachusetts.
Oh I am tired and I get up at 4am so the memory is gone right now. But if they were "returning" to MA they would not have been coming from out of state from Falmouth so maybe it is the way it is worded.
Anyway if it is true I hope that mystery is solved.
Hi My Massachusetts neighbors!!!!!!

This woman needs to go thru the proper channels to find out if there is any relationship. Actually it sounds a little strange that the son died in 07 and never had a photo of his child or mentioned her name to his mother.

9s402r.jpg

Is this Caylee's Dad?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/06/28/caylee-anthony-s-daddy-solving-the-riddle.html

Lee's long lost twin?

With the DT wrapping up tomorrow, and HHBP telling the state that they should be prepared to begin rebuttal tomorrow afternoon, it would appear that the DT may only have one or two witnesses left.

We know by reports that River Cruz was waiting outside in the hall this afternoon, so she is one witness. Are there any more left to testify? I wonder if KC will testify and be the last witness?

As far as rebuttal goes, it's been stated that two of Cindy's former co-workers have been subpoenaed to testify. Bill Shaeffer referenced the HIPPA laws that all medical records be kept for 7 years, so there may be records of Cindy being at work when the computer searches were made.

I also expect to see someone testify regarding phone records for George and Cindy that might show that they weren't home during those computer searches.

I also think Dr. Garavaglia will be called to testify to refute Dr. Spitz's allegation that her autopsy was shoddy.

Can anyone think of other possible rebuttal witnesses?

Another rebuttal witness could be the shell gas station guy to rebut the gas can testimony, that there should be a cover of some sort, plastic cap or duct tape over the vent opening.

Thank for bringing that mistake to my attention. I meant I never believed Caylee's father died...but you probably know.

Antone have the link when Casey spoke, as people said she had changed her tone of voice, I guess in another one of here pretend roles, would love tom hear it please just need a link.

Thanks
OntarioLynn

Finnell's motion for mistrial based on the appeal out of South Florida ruling the DP unconstitutional. No attorneys were present (Finnell argued telephonically) so HHJP asked ICA if she could speak or if she wanted to wait for the attys.

Thanks! So she was saying "I agree" because she agreed with Finnell's motion, correct? And what did the judge rule on that motion, or has he already ruled on it?

Good night all, I will never get up in the dark for work!!!!!

Until tomorrow and I hope the DT rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member