2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Finally able to stop crying. For a bit.

Does anyone else feel today was the *most difficult* day of testimony we've seen so far? I thought The Day of the Tiny Skull was bad, but today...

I'm watching Nancy Grace and she just talked to one of her reporters - I think Diane Dimond, who said they think they might have found Caylee's father! She said a lady in Massachusetts says that her son died in 2007. Nancy Grace presented pictures of Michael Duggan at various ages and his baby pictures look just like Caylee! The lady would be Caylee's paternal grandmother if her son proves to be Caylee's father, but she hasn't been successful in getting anyone in Florida to do a DNA test.

Here's a link to the Diane Dimond article:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/06/28/caylee-anthony-s-daddy-solving-the-riddle.html

Just sharing my grief experience. My mom died five years ago, and I COULD NOT SPEAK of her, about her, TO anyone. I missed family reunions, get togethers, etc. because I COULD NOT speak about her. It made me HYSTERICAL with loss.

We shared so much in her final couple of years, but the first 40+ years of my life - she had been my enemy.

I know now what real GRIEF is...

I know Simms (DT) was only giving a hypothetical to their “expert” witness Sally, but it was obvious she was painting the DT’s story of Casey Anthony. Simms said, “ assume that the daughter tells her mother at the 11th hour, almost 8 months with regard to her pregnancy...”
(approx. 8:30 on part 12 of day 42- http://www.wftv.com/video/28400896/index.html )

IIRC, Cindy’s more recent testimony states that Caylee was 1 month premature. So, am I to believe that:

- Casey was 8 months pregnant before she told her family (because they were all in denial and didn’t want this baby and Casey was trembling in her boots about having to tell them)

-then Cindy and the family were ecstatic and overjoyed about the pregnancy

-then they planned a baby shower but then had to postpone the baby shower because the baby was 1 month early (i.e. premature).

Maybe I’m reaching, but that doesn’t add up very well. That seems like a mighty fast turnaround on emotions and perspective about the unexpected and upcoming arrival of Caylee. In fact, for a family that was so in denial and so mean to Casey (not to mention abusive and predatorily towards Casey), they sure got their act together to create a loving environment in a short amount of time.

I guess the DT can say, “it was a hypothetical” but it seems like a poor attempt at pulling a fast one. Everything in the hypothetical lined up with their version of Casey but that seemed to be inconsistent. They said hypothetical but they know the jury is assuming it’s Casey.

I don’t want to get hung up on the details and I don’t know how important it is to this case to verify Casey’s gestation period, but the DT and Cindy went to an awful lot of trouble to make sure we knew the baby was one month early. IMHO.

This is an awesome resource and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed obsessing for hours on this site. ICheers!

Not to be cruel but you can't block a DNR, that is why people sign them so their wishes will be followed through.

Oh, I understand that. When we discussed it though, it was a theoretical thing:
in case "they lose the papers" type thing. I was horrified, lol.

Mom is very matter of fact about death. She was diagnosed with lung cancer at 80, she was very cool and calm about the whole thing. My brother and I turned into big blubbering babies and pretty much fell apart.

We've had many conversations about death - she's now 86 with no sign of cancer. When she was first diagnosed, she went thru and made sure everything was in order like within a week. I was floored.

9s402r.jpg

Is this Caylee's Dad?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/06/28/caylee-anthony-s-daddy-solving-the-riddle.html

Holy shingles! NG just showed a clip of KC smirking at GA when he left the stand. Did that really happen or is she sensationalizing? Any clips out there? What an evil smirk she gave! It sent chills down my spine a la Ted Bundy and Charles Manson. I am going to have to file a tort against her for traumatizing me!

You know what..I wonder why ICA never went and got his death benefits for Caylee,SS would have given ICA money to her for Caylee's care until she turned 16 and she could have hired a babysitter and just maybe and I say just MAYBE Caylee would be alive today.I have always thought that CA never told ICA about SS and wanted Caylee for herself-It just never made sense to me why they never seek out Caylee's father-IF he is in fact Caylee's father!

Now I'm listening to earlier part of today when Ashton brought up suicide note of George...wow...really powerful evidence for the State.

Exactly, I think a family doctor was capable of handling her issues.

Suggesting CA didn't send her to the OB/GYN because sexual abuse would be detected is ludicrous :loser:

jimo

We are retired military and the family clinic here won't do a pelvic exam/pap smear unless there is a medical reason present until they are 18, even when we put her on the pill a few years ago. Shes 18 this year...

Was just reported on NG that there's a woman whose son died and he had told her before he died that he was having a baby girl and the grandparent's names were George and Cindy. Can't remember what else, but it seems like it could be true. The woman is trying to get a DNA test done using her DNA but she's having a hard time. Interesting.

Hmmm -- why is she just saying this now -- why not three years ago?

Just IMO

They should run the DNA test. This family has the right to know. Actuually I think Caylee was cremated so not sure if they could still do it but I think they can.

Holy shingles! NG just showed a clip of KC smirking at GA when he left the stand. Did that really happen or is she sensationalizing? Any clips out there? What an evil smirk she gave! It sent chills down my spine a la Ted Bundy and Charles Manson. I am going to have to file a tort against her for traumatizing me!

The look on her face and in her eyes when she was having that hissy fit during a jail house visit with her parents is when I saw in her the ability to do what she has been accused of doing. Like you, it sent chills right down to my toes.

Was just reported on NG that there's a woman whose son died and he had told her before he died that he was having a baby girl and the grandparent's names were George and Cindy. Can't remember what else, but it seems like it could be true. The woman is trying to get a DNA test done using her DNA but she's having a hard time. Interesting.
That is interesting. We'll see how this turns out. I hope he was there to meet Caylee when she crossed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter