2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how vile accusations against GA, LA and RK can be allowed in court, either. That's one of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of HHJP.....too defense one sided because he's terrified of an appeal. No proof at all that anyone molested ICA or that RK hid Caylee's body. NONE.

ok...so ICA nor Caylee was in the trunk. Did GA not wonder whose decomp he was smelling?? IMO, he should have never touched that car until LE was able to go over it. If, he's telling the truth and the car actually smelled of human decomp.

that is what I am trying to say..if you smelled it,don't you want to know who died in your daughter's car?

Oh good grief! JVM is on while I wait for Nancy Grace - some "expert" is on saying what a disgrace it was that ICA didn't go to a gynie until she was 19 - because we know that's true because Baez said so in his cross. So suddenly that make it true?

What?? We have no knowledge at all of ICA's medical history - none at all. Many rumors, but knowledge? Nope..we have no idea.

ok let me get this straight...If Casey was in denial why would she have a tattoo as a memorial to Caylee? They cant have it both ways can they?

that is what I am trying to say..if you smelled it,don't you want to know who died in your daughter's car?

I think he was waiting until he got home from work to talk to ICA.

Do you all realize under the law, we are not obliged to report a crime? We don't. Us do-gooders do, but it's not a law. Weird, eh?

Heads up everyone!!!!! Head to the HLN thread!

Nancy Grace NancyGraceHLN
Do we finally know who Caylee’s dad is? Primetime exclusive tonight w/woman who says her dead son is Caylee’s father!

Wow, Benchwarmer, My brother died at 37, in a car accident when his car went off the road, and wasn't found for over a week. There was construction and a piece of the guardrail was missing. He was visiting home from California, where he was living at the time, and wanted to visit some old friends for the 4th of July. We think he must have changed his mind and heading home in the dark, mistook the opening in the guardrail for an exit....He was my World! I was 23 and just married, and I didn't want to live anymore, without him in this world. July 4th is still so painful for me, as he never got to meet my twin boys, and there isn't a day, I don't think of him. My parents grief was overwhelming, he was their only son, and I remember my mother couldn't get over that he was lying out in a ditch for over a week.

This is certainly resurrecting some very painful wounds, July 4th is a terrible day for me, I dread the festivities, as I re-live it every year.
So sorry about your brother, (((hugs)))... I know what you mean about July 4. For me, it's New Years Eve that's dreaded, because my Dad dropped dead (w/no warning signs ) of a heart attack when I was in high school- and that was 1980! I still hate NY Eve parties, can't help it. And of course, there are other holidays for other people that are dreaded. We just never can know what secret pains those around us hold inside, while never telling anyone else.
All the more reason to be kind and nonjudgmental toward others.

The grief lady really touched a nerve here today with so many that post. The story she told created a reaction like none I have ever seen on Websleuths. I think if it touched people here, I can be rest assured the story touched nerves in the jury. The stark contrast is undeniable and I have been afraid it was lost in apathy by it being at the end of a long day for the jury.

Sob/laugh. Yeah, someone visiting this for the first time and viewing this thread would hardly believe what WS is normally all about. (sniff) seems like tonight its WeepingSleuthers.

So many good people here. Unreal, isnt it, that so many good people have congregated in this one spot. I like what another poster called it: fellowship.

I really love and cherish all of you. What an amazing lot you are. I feel so priviledged (sp?) just to be here.

I am no expert but I have a very hard time accepting that Casey's behavior after Caylee died is 'normal' way to respond to grief. I totally understand that everyone grieves differently, and MAYBE if Casey had disappeared for a week and no one saw her at all, I'd say she was grieving privately- but that is not the case here.
I have not lost a child, but last month my cousin was killed in a car accident when he lost control of his car in the rain and hit a tree. Seeing my aunt and uncle on the day of the funeral is something I will never forget. After the service when it was time to bury him, she lost all control and started screaming and crying that it was too cold and rainy to leave him out there by himself, and she had to be held back by several people because she didn't want him to be alone.
ICA doesn't even flinch when there is a discussion about a meter reader stick being poked in the eye socket of her dead child. I cannot even fathom...

I'm so sorry about your cousin. I actually lost both my parents a year apart and my reaction to each was night and day. With my Mom I was absolutely shattered but with my Dad I just shoved it down inside of me and acted as though nothing had happened.

It was a psychological block...I watched him dying, helpless, while my sister desperately attempted CPR and cracked 3 ribs trying to bring him back.

I told my husband had Casey exhibited just one of those coping mechanisms I might be able to buy it but in its entirety - Tony, Ricardo, stealing, hiding, partying, the tattoo...I think in that context its just impossible to equate her actions with any semblance of grief.

now Lkb says we are not going to hear the whole story about this case.

she does not think JB will mention sexual abuse in closing.....well, duh !!!

Of course not because only Casey knows the whole story but will not tell it- the real one- even if she testifies.

The grief lady during JA's cross really touched home with me during some of it concerning events that have happened to me this last year and trying to figure myself out. My mom a couple years ago went to California (I live in FL) to take care of my ill grandmother. My mom passed away in her sleep about a year ago in California. I did go to work the next day and still have not come to terms with it yet and never really talk about it. A day or two after she passed while I was at work someone found a letter that was left mixed up with some work mail that's postmarked Dec. 2008 and it is a letter my mom sent to me 2 years before she died that just happend to be sitting in some company lost mail and I recieved it one or two days after she passed. I still have not opened the letter and it still sits at my work desk for about a year now. It just so happens that about a month ago my uncle passed away and about a week ago my grandmother from California did as well. This last week has been really rough on me because with the passing of my grandma, it also makes me acknowledge my mom's death as being real. I've somehow managed to convince myself ,not in a delusional way, she's been taking care of my ill grandma the last year. My gf and I had a long conversation about this this week since my grandma's passing and how I think I'm not a normal person for not wanting to come to grips with reality and still feel in my heart my mom's taking care of my grandma. She wants me to open the letter, but isn't pushing it. Anyways, I just felt the hypothetical about someone who's father passed and them thinking he's off somewhere traveling Europe kinda hit me and made me think that maybe my feeling have an explanation.

So maybe there was a purpose to the grief counselor testifying today.

You are normal and you will find your way. : )

I can't say it brought me to anything I could identify with (the testimony), but it made me remember when I made a decision to relieve my mother and then my grandfather years later from life support. My mother suffered from a long standing illness that caused multiple organ failure, and my grandfather from cancer. I remembered how difficult it was for weeks, the second guessing, the intensity of the thoughts and feelings... I can't imagine if it were one of my children, or a grandchild. I just can't.

My mom has a do not resuscitate/living will.

HOnestly? I'm not sure I could honor those wishes if it came down to it.. I told her this as well.

No, he didn't...He lost his thought processes (and a couple of other things) quite some time ago. Just let CA handle it...That became his mantra. IMO

BUT, today - he regained a lot...WTG GA...

Yes you do...My Aunt and I couldn't leave My Granny at the graveside by herself...so we stayed the night and toasted our favorite people in the world. We left about 2:30 am and brought back her favorite coffee and Grandpa's favorite Glenlivet and poured them on the ground for them. Those that left in the limo after the service still think we are both crazy.

Sounds like healthy grieving to me. I bet you both are more sane than anyone else there. :seeya:

Again, hesitation to think a child you brought into this world could do something so evil as to kill her own child.

Which is exactly what GA said. GA didn't want to believe that someone he raised could be capable of killing someone. Only he didn't, at that time, think that 'someone' was Caylee.

I'm listening to earlier testimony with George today....I don't get the relevance to the duct tape and George's involvement in it now at all, because if Roy Kronk was supposedly involved in this doesn't JB want us to believe that Kronk had something to do with the duct tape being on Caylee?

Oh good grief! JVM is on while I wait for Nancy Grace - some "expert" is on saying what a disgrace it was that ICA didn't go to a gynie until she was 19 - because we know that's true because Baez said so in his cross. So suddenly that make it true?

What?? We have no knowledge at all of ICA's medical history - none at all. Many rumors, but knowledge? Nope..we have no idea.

Exactly, I think a family doctor was capable of handling her issues.

Suggesting CA didn't send her to the OB/GYN because sexual abuse would be detected is ludicrous :loser:

jimo

My mom has a do not resuscitate/living will.

HOnestly? I'm not sure I could honor those wishes if it came down to it.. I told her this as well.

Not to be cruel but you can't block a DNR, that is why people sign them so their wishes will be followed through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett