2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2

Jury coming back (10:27)

DIRECT EXAMINATION BY JB - continued

Do you recall questions by JA about molestation on the first day of trial? He would never do anything like that to his daughter.

You know sex with a child under the age of 12 is life in prison?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

You are aware of the penalties?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

You would never admit to it?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

I would never do anything like that to my daughter.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Gas cans - He was shown a gas can and agreed it was his. This can was missing on 6/24 and he called the police. He reported it as stolen, along with another can. He knew his daughter had used them before.

You could see the gas streaks on the side of her car?

OBJECTION - asked and answered previously - OVERRULED

He knew his daughter had used them before.

Did the can have duct tape on it when you gave it to LE the first time?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

On 8/1/08 did the can have duct tape on it when you gave it to LE? Possibly, he doesn't remember. They came and took it from the shed.

This was after the argument with his daughter about the gas cans. There was no one there other than he and ICA and God.

The dog, anyone else you want to throw in there?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED - I'll withdraw the question

Okay, did you say...

OBJECTION - Page and Line -

208, lines 9-12 - He was read the answer that he said there was no duct tape on it when LE took the can. If that is what he said - then yes.

He was shown a photo.

He was asked if he put the tape on and then took it off and put it back on?

OBJECTION - Page and Line

HHJBP - Please reposition the gas can as the Jury can't see Mr. A.

From depo - is it your recollection that the piece of duct tape was not on the can? His answer was Yes. He agrees that was what he said.

Did the gas can have duct tape on it on 8/1/08 - if he was looking at the photo, then yes it did. However, the gas can was taken again 10 days later.

The gas can he has on the witness stand is the only one that has been talked about. He believes there is also another photo of the can.

He was shown a certified copy of his deposition and asked if he saw the Exhibits tab at the end. He said he did. JB referred him to tabs 1 and 10. He stated 1 and 10 were the photo he was just shown. Those are the only photos of gas cans.

Either the police planted the tape, or you lied?

OBJECTION - improper impeachment - SUSTAINED

Regarding argument with his daughter, the gas can did not have duct tape on it. When ICA returned the can to him, it did not have duct tape on it.

OBJECTION BY JB - narrative - OVERRULED

On the 24th when she gave him the gas cans, she put them down on the ground forcibly and said "here's my ******ing gas cans" the little white tab was missing from the gas can and he put the tape on it.

OBJECTION BY JB - narrative - Move to strike

SIDEBAR #5 (10:43-10:50)

When ICA gave you the gas can on 6/24/08 - according to you - the gas can did not have duct tape on it? That's correct. And you have also testified that when LE took it on 8/1/08, that it did not have duct tape on it? If I'm not mistaken, when it was retrieved from the shed, he did not touch it. Possibly, he had put something on it before.

OBJECTION BY JB - narrative - Question calls for yes or no.

Did you testify to that? No.

Did the court reporter get it wrong?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Do you recall reading....

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Did you testify it was not>

OBJECTION - asked and answered - SUSTAINED

May I read the depo to him

OBJECTION - asked and answered - go ahead and read it

JB read his question and answer into record that it did not have any duct tape over the vent and when it came back it did and he did not put it on there. He now recalls giving that answer.

OBJECTION - asked and answered - SUSTAINED

No further questions.

So that's it from JB re: GA??? He proved NOTHING today, if ICA does not testify, she could very well be convicted, the DT has not proved a whole lot here.

OT, sorry, anyone know who the pretty girl in the black dress is over JB's (now JA's) right shoulder?

Baez wrapping up with #GeorgeAnthony still grilling him about tape over gas can vent. In depo he says he did not put it there.
by bobkealing via twitter at 9:55 AM

Baez continues to question about the duct tape on gas can and statements made by #GeorgeAnthony. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:55 AM

I totally agree with that psychiatrist! My husband and I have talked about ICA and JB both being narcissists. Remember Jose asking for a mistrial because the Anthonys said things in the jailhouse tapes that cast *his* abilities into doubt? Just an astonishing moment for me.

I'm a PhD criminologist, and I agree with that opinion based on what I have seen before and during this trial.

Is there a reason that JB doesn't put the deposition in evidence?

If it goes in to evidence then GA can use it as referral before answering any questions. As it is, he must go from memory and the DT can try to impeach him.

Baez spent more time questioning about the gas can and the tape than he did about the alleged sexual abuse. How stupid!

Tell me why the A's are fighting for their daughters life????

Maybe because she is their daughter. They love the baby and the girl she was not who she has become. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966